IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 hours ago, petehinton said:

Full to the brim on loans, again. But the perms they’ve done are very expensive, old, signings. Said before they’re going for broke this season and are probably gonna be in a sticky situation next summer if/when they don’t go up. 

Yep, shit or bust I reckon for them.

• Like 1

Just now, Nogbad the Bad said:

Very much so.

Looking at wiki they've got 32 players now, including 5 on loan (2 from Brentford) but looks like 21 of those 32 are out of contract at the end of the season.

21 out of contract and about to retire, the youngsters they have get sent away on loan and never return

10 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Very much so.

Looking at wiki they've got 32 players now, including 5 on loan (2 from Brentford) but looks like 21 of those 32 are out of contract at the end of the season.

So 21 OOC and another 5 go back to their parent Clubs. Joey planning for the future then. 
What with making money from his Twitter paywall for Club News or whatever it was, he really could leave the club in a mess.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

As an ex-ted I expect he`ll ask not to play as he`ll be feared of the white hot cauldron of noise he`ll have to endure at a packed out mem.

Oh wait...............................................................................................

Highlight of their week abusing ex city player. They will be patting each other on the back and high sevening each other. Strokers 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Flames 1

30 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

So 21 OOC and another 5 go back to their parent Clubs. Joey planning for the future then. 
What with making money from his Twitter paywall for Club News or whatever it was, he really could leave the club in a mess.

Not that it makes too much difference but the 21 OOC includes the 5 loans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

In fairness to Barton any money made from Twitter paywall is going to Nick Anderton 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, alexukhc said:

21 out of contract and about to retire, the youngsters they have get sent away on loan and never return

I wonder what their wage bill is versus last season? They must be losing even more money and no other revenue streams, and they're not even really investing in any players for the future with resale value.

Imagine them going up and needing another new squad, and also on Championship wages, how will they get the players in, and how will FFP work with them. Their top earner must be around 3-4k now.

20 minutes ago, TheReds said:

I wonder what their wage bill is versus last season? They must be losing even more money and no other revenue streams, and they're not even really investing in any players for the future with resale value.

Imagine them going up and needing another new squad, and also on Championship wages, how will they get the players in, and how will FFP work with them. Their top earner must be around 3-4k now.

New owners of football clubs always think that they know better than other or previous owners and immediately start splashing the cash in the expectation of instant and ongoing success.

They may get one good season out of it but it will soon fall apart and then usually the money's gone and they're back to tight budgets and trying to avoid relegation.

I'm not having a go at the new Kuwaiti owner, Wael or the Lansdowns as if I had the spare funds to buy a football club and start playing fantasy football for real then I think I would be easily as reckless and as trusting of football "experts".

Because we all think that it's going to be different this time, because it's me that's doing it.

I entirely agree with your post btw.

Well I don’t remember this happening. Did it and I’ve forgotten or is it more utter bull crap from them?

maxgas
Youth Team
15 hours ago
purdownpoacher1 and eric like this
oldmarket65 said:
Topper Gas said:
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-24924792
Over 9.5 years old and still couldn't be more pertinent ? wasn't the mayoral position meant to stop this kind of nonsense ha!

Edit: if I recall correctly BCC even gifted Lansdown's clubs a significant parcel of land, worth a not so inconsiderable amount, to ensure their redevelopment could commence
Edited by GreedyHarry
Tidying up

6 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

Well I don’t remember this happening. Did it and I’ve forgotten or is it more utter bull crap from them?

maxgas
Youth Team
15 hours ago
oldmarket65 said:
Topper Gas said:
Over 9.5 years old and still couldn't be more pertinent ? wasn't the mayoral position meant to stop this kind of nonsense ha!

Edit: if I recall correctly BCC even gifted Lansdown's clubs a significant parcel of land, worth a not so inconsiderable amount, to ensure their redevelopment could commence

A load of old bollox. Ashton Gate is still on the footprint it’s always been. 

Typical fewer making up lies. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

maxgas
Youth Team
15 hours ago
oldmarket65 said:
Topper Gas said:

I think some land was gifted, but that was more to do with access than anything significant, if memory serves, it was something to do with a Section 106 (whatever that is).

• Like 1