IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

28 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

"Felt buzzing before the match. Stands are humongous" 

Someone actually posted that on their forum. They'd probably have a seizure if they saw the Lansdown.

I suppose when you’re used to a few tents, he might have a point. But it’s going to hold less than the Atyeo, so it’s hardly The Kop…

My first look at the framework as I strolled across the car park at noon….

I was pretty much stopped in my tracks, that thing is going to be **ng mahooosive!!

Well impressed.”

• Haha 6

Interview here from 46 minutes is well worth a listen for comedy:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0g5gv6m?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

As noted, he blames the pitch, the sprinklers, the ref (FA charge incoming I’d say), says both Wycombe goals were fouls, wanted a penalty and stresses Wycombe had beaten a better side.

Asked about Clarke-Harris, Barton says he’s not going to talk about other clubs players then proceeds to talk about “Jonno wanting to move back this way” and Peterborough’s negotiators being smart businessmen meaning it’ll be tough to do. He mentions a new stadium, new stand etc. 

It’s 9 minutes of unadulterated bullshit bingo.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 8
  • Robin 1

4 minutes ago, glynriley said:

I suppose when you’re used to a few tents, he might have a point. But it’s going to hold less than the Atyeo, so it’s hardly The Kop…

My first look at the framework as I strolled across the car park at noon….

I was pretty much stopped in my tracks, that thing is going to be **ng mahooosive!!

Well impressed.”

Must be like going on holiday in a static caravan rather than a tent.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Super said:

They are still talking about JCH going back? 

If I was a betting man, from Barton’s interview there is definite interest. However, the following should be taken into account:

- Peterborough are renowned as good negotiators and will be up against the transfer equivalents of the Chuckle Brothers

- Barton lies as easily as he breathes

- They’d probably need to shell out 2-3 Tilsons on JCH. On a striker who is coming to the end of his better days and is only effective at league one. With any normal administration you’d say that it won’t happen but with Barton..

Incidentally, Barton did say he “hated the transfer window with all the vultures”. Joe, mate. You have never in your time at rovers seen a player poached to a higher level (loans don’t count). So, pray tell, who are these sodding vultures?

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0g5gv6m?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

As noted, he blames the pitch, the sprinklers, the ref (FA charge incoming I’d say), says both Wycombe goals were fouls, wanted a penalty and stresses Wycombe had beaten a better side.

Asked about Clarke-Harris, Barton says he’s not going to talk about other clubs players then proceeds to talk about “Jonno wanting to move back this way” and Peterborough’s negotiators being smart businessmen meaning it’ll be tough to do. He mentions a new stadium, new stand etc. 

Thanks for the summary. I switched RB off as soon as JB came on.

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Yeah, apparently suited Wycombe with the way they play.

Referee was unfit apparently, gasping for air - like a few Wycombe players.

Dry pitch and poor referee, not been beaten by a better team.

Made an OK start, we have a fantastic team and the fans are going to have an amazing journey with these players (5pts in 5 games, 17th and 7 wins in the last 31 games by the way Joey).

Done incredible job with recruitment anyone can see that today...

Jeez.....

What a completely deluded thick pr1ck.

He makes Trump sound humble !

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

**** they don’t half spew some nonsense

nsblue
Fans' Favourite
2 hours ago

BBC have given the attendance as 7951 with 329 away fans
Pretty much a sell out again

It's either a sell out or it isn't................. let me explain you dumb sag.   IF it is a sell out you could say you've got 40k just waiting to come in................. but if there are even 10 tickets left, that's it, that's all that want to watch you , a finite number !

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Bullshit bingo ??????

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

Former Bristol City defender Joe Low played the role of local villain to perfection to put Wycombe on course for a 2-1 victory over lacklustre Bristol Rovers at the Memorial Stadium.

The 21-year-old centre-back put the Chairboys ahead after 19 minutes when he rose unchallenged to powerfully nod in Luke Leahy's free-kick, only to be booked for goading the home fans who greeted his celebrations with disdain.

I'm sure they did............."......disdain off, you shithead ***".

Edited by slartibartfast
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, redkev said:

That makes sense city stronghold ( with a couple of gasheads dotted about ( Phil kite lives there now )

Always thought Portishead would/should be a city stronghold but a gashead i used to work with always said it was 50/50 but we all know how good Rovers are with numbers !!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TV Tom said:

Always thought Portishead would/should be a city stronghold but a gashead i used to work with always said it was 50/50 but we all know how good Rovers are with numbers !!!

Deffo more city than Rovers , I would say 70-30 that’s being conservative 

2 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

"Felt buzzing before the match. Stands are humongous" 

Someone actually posted that on their forum. They'd probably have a seizure if they saw the Lansdown.

…but I thought that planning permission was a formality because the new stand was simply replacing the old stand and wasn’t significantly bigger and was only putting the Mem’s capacity back to what it was previously?

• Like 1

Why does he always describe teams theyve just lost to as ‘not the best team’, or criticize the way that team may have played, almost as if theyre Man City and teams dont have the right to come to the shithole and play a tactic to win the game?!

Blokes a bloody cretin and i cant believe the gash fans fall for it.

On another note, theyre surely putting their finances under pressure this season with all these signings and some relative ‘names’ for that standard?

24 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

And dont forget the 40,000 locked outside having to live in Nailsea instead. ??

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, redkev said:

Deffo more city than Rovers , I would say 70-30 that’s being conservative 

I would be amazed if that was the split, I have lived here for 11 years now and have rarely seen a shirt, scarf or any other sign of them. There have been a couple with a foot in both camps like Matt Taylor and Alan Walsh, but then I probably wouldn't recognise any of their players.

On 19/08/2023 at 19:37, Simpleton Gas said:

I have however heard opposition fans and managers repeatedly say that it is difficult place to play because of the home fans and the atmosphere 

You might be hearing Joseph saying this soon. What’s it now, a whopping two home wins this calendar year…

Fortress. 

• Haha 1