IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

They’re showing ambition. We ain’t 

Sorry but you’re having a laugh . I’m disappointed we have signed one or two to strengthen the squad. But we signed some decent players this summer & if we hadn’t had injuries we be sat ok. The major one being Tommy . 

However , those tossers have done exactly what we did ten years ago. Older players with no sell on value . On loan players that after a year you have to keep rebuilding . If you think signing a cart horse striker is ambitious then give you head a serious wobble 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Not sure what is so funny. Would be nice for us to show the ambition they are!

What by doubling our transfer record on a 29 year old striker?

They’re spending money, granted. But firstly, that’s relative to the league they are in. The ‘ambition’ you are talking about is them being rumoured to spend around £1.1 million this window, as well as signing 5 players on loan and 6 players on a free, who have an average age of 29.

There is a level of ambition to it, but if they don’t go up it could go seriously wrong. Of the players they’ve signed, a maximum of 4 have any resale value, that’s 8 transfers made with no resale value. If they don’t get in the play offs they’re going to be having a big clear out next year to avoid financial penalties.

Of course, we’d like to have more players through the door this summer. But we’ve already been in their boat of signing older players with no sell on value, who constantly failed to live up to expectation. How did that go for us?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Selred said:

This would be a fantastic signing for Rovers. One of the leagues best strikers. 

We have no equivalent signings since we were in league one signing Freeman IMO. 

Embarrasing really. 

I would argue that, when signed, Wells was the Championship version of Clark Harris. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

5 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

What by doubling our transfer record on a 29 year old striker?

They’re spending money, granted. But firstly, that’s relative to the league they are in. The ‘ambition’ you are talking about is them being rumoured to spend around £1.1 million this window, as well as signing 5 players on loan and 6 players on a free, who have an average age of 29.

There is a level of ambition to it, but if they don’t go up it could go seriously wrong. Of the players they’ve signed, a maximum of 4 have any resale value, that’s 8 transfers made with no resale value. If they don’t get in the play offs they’re going to be having a big clear out next year to avoid financial penalties.

Of course, we’d like to have more players through the door this summer. But we’ve already been in their boat of signing older players with no sell on value, who constantly failed to live up to expectation. How did that go for us?

At the end of the day they may or may not be spending above their means and it might be shit or bust if their gamble for promotion doesn’t pay off. I get that, but it shows ambition!

Vs us, who has money to spend but an owner who refuses to do so.

I get it, we don’t like rovers, we want them to fail. But at least they are showing something, which we are not.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

Embarrasing really. 

4 minutes ago, Selred said:

Embarrasing really. 

He’s a cart horse ok striker for league one.

he’s a great signing for the pikeys as they are literally light years behind us .

Tommy Conway is ten times the player. 

they’ve signed a multitude of loans (will never be their payer) & over the hill shite . 

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

At the end of the day they may or may not be spending above their means and it might be shit or bust if their gamble for promotion doesn’t pay off. I get that, but it shows ambition!

Vs us, who has money to spend but an owner who refuses to do so.

I get it, we don’t like rovers, we want them to fail. But at least they are showing something, which we are not.

There’s ambition and there’s throwing money at an off chance of getting promotion.

It’s the equivalent to us spending £25 mill this summer and breaking our wage budget completely.

It may be fun in the short term, but unless the rewards come then it could go badly badly wrong.

Id much rather be on our side of the fence than theirs

• Like 3

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

He’s a cart horse ok striker for league one.

he’s a great signing for the pikeys as they are literally light years behind us .

Tommy Conway is ten times the player. 

they’ve signed a multitude of loans (will never be their payer) & over the hill shite . 

I don’t want to sign him. I agree Conway is better.

But he’s a great signing for them.

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

Wells hasn’t got over 20 goals in the Championship. JCH has 26 and 31.

JCH also got 13 goals in the champ last season… 

Shut up you embarrassment . What the **** are you worried about . 
would you be happy if he signed for us ? 
mid be ******* livid 

• Haha 1

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

Shut up you embarrassment . What the **** are you worried about . 
would you be happy if he signed for us ? 
mid be ******* livid 

I’m not worried? But his signing for Rovers is very ambitious for their league. We’ve not signed someone of the same level since we were in that league (closest Naismith?)

3 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

So, on signing, JCH scored 13 goals in the Championship. We were all better when we were younger, I’m talking about age/form on signing day. 

4 were penalties, he’s completely out of his depth at Championship level.

Still got 3 stands… what’s the betting he says “it’s good to be home” I’d say they have a strong team but half their players aren’t theirs, they’re def going for it… just remember we’ve only played 4 league games, yes we ain’t been great, but we ain’t Swindon Town we ain’t won the World Cup yet nor have the sags… **** um

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

There’s ambition and there’s throwing money at an off chance of getting promotion.

It’s the equivalent to us spending £25 mill this summer and breaking our wage budget completely.

It may be fun in the short term, but unless the rewards come then it could go badly badly wrong.

Id much rather be on our side of the fence than theirs

Totally agree . Let’s not forget . Some have short memories. When we got relegated in 2013 , this is exactly what we did & mark Ashton was recruitment consultant. 
this is blatant panicking by the fewers . 

• Like 1