IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Just now, formerly known as ivan said:

What you fail to recognise was at no point did I say we should pay the equivalent of what rovers were prepared to pay for a proven goal scorer. I was merely stating the fact that people were mocking rovers for trying to sign JCH which showed more ambition from them than our owners have showed. No where did I say we should be signing anyone for £15m! Christ, a loan deal for a striker would have been something! But no, SL doesn’t want to spend money on the football club.

Selred definitely stated that we hadn't made an equivalent signing. I totally agree with you on the "we should have done something to make Nige's life easier" bit as it happens. Only one man responsible for that and it certainly ain't Nige, I'm glad you've recognised it (and most others by now). It's about time the underlying issue, the common denominator at the club responsible for messing things up on the PLAYING side of the club got called out after getting away completely blameless for 22 years or whatever it is.

I'm sure most of us went to bed last night thinking "fair play Rovers, you've actually shown some ambition for once". Don't get me wrong, signing zillions of loan players, sending the one promising young lad they do have to Bromley as the Manager is never going to play him, and buying 29 year olds for club record transfer fees is shite business and not the way you build a football club but it APPEARED they are trying to do something for their fans. Then you wake up and it really is "Business as Usual" out there. Wael has stitched them up, again!! Anyone who wonders why this thread exists got their answer at about midnight.

• Like 2

They sold one of their strikers too to make way for JCH last night too. That went through absolutely fine ?? 

This is easily up there as the funniest moment in rovers history. This is what happens when a pisspot tiny little outfit deal with a bit of money to spend. 

Seeing those cretins have a good feeling about their club and signings whilst we seem to be on the edge of anger and frustration with our owners it does sting a bit.  My god though does this help ????

Edited by HoldenBall

23 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Gaschat is a funny read this morning.

To be fair, many of them are calling it out for just what it is. “The most Bristol Rovers thing ever to happen to Bristol Rovers” I liked!

Although a few of them blaming Peterborough of course!!!!! 

I think Rovers should Sue Wycombe Wanderers over this. ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

4 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Well that's a funny start to the weekend, thanks to everyone involved.

They were supposed to have gained a forward but have ended up net 2 down.

It will be interesting to see what JB makes of all this. Will the new co owner want someone to blame? What if the blame sits with a mate of JB?

I'm sure he'll be as understanding as Nige was when talking about budgets the other day......

12 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I've spent all night trying to come up with a witty post about how many Tillsons in a Clarke-Harris and now this!

I blame the ref.

Did you read this from the Peterborough post?

Total joke the Gas not having the paperwork sorted 

And in Jan he will have 6 months left on his contract and may well hang fire to become a free agent 

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/jonson-clarke-harris-remains-a-peterborough-united-player-after-an-agreed-move-to-bristol-rovers-collapsed-4278057

Administrative errors by big clubs are always a highlight of transfer deadline day. Last season it was Chelsea, Spurs and Blackburn, and it's nice to see the smaller clubs have the ambition to try and emulate those teams. Fair play to Rovers for getting their fax machine Premier League ready.

Ps. Who's going to break the news to this guy?

Screenshot_20230902-081617.png

17 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Went to bed before the window shut, and wake up to see the gift had delivered once again.

Ground, ground, ground and they forgot about the fax machine. 

13 minutes ago, 42nite said:

Have you plugged the fax machine in yet Wally?

These things take time!

The issue isn't with Wallys fax machine, it's more the fact that in 2023 nobody else is using one anymore so it wouldnt go through!!!

7 minutes ago, Selred said:

Ah didn’t realise Famara won the Championship golden boot twice when we signed him! 

Kalas as I later clarified could be agreed as a top proven championship player. Still was 4 years ago. 

I tend to agree with a lot you posted last night. It would’ve been a great signing for them, and I wouldn’t have been diss appointed if we’d took a punt on him. Some of the players mentioned that we’ve signed in the past, just goes to show how much we’ve ******* wasted!!

• Like 1

Just now, Hello Dave said:

I tend to agree with a lot you posted last night. It would’ve been a great signing for them, and I wouldn’t have been diss appointed if we’d took a punt on him. Some of the players mentioned that we’ve signed in the past, just goes to show how much we’ve ******* wasted!!

We don't sign players for £800K with no re-sale value any more............because the Owner finally realised the bit highlighted (it won't be his fault mind). This was literally a shit or bust signing by Rovers albeit his scoring record at the level gives any buyer a very high degree of confidence he will score 20+ goals (far better than his record at the level above btw so it would have been a pretty shite "punt" had we gone for him imo).

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

We don't sign players for £800K with no re-sale value any more............because the Owner finally realised the bit highlighted (it won't be his fault mind). This was literally a shit or bust signing by Rovers albeit his scoring record at the level gives any buyer a very high degree of confidence he will score 20+ goals (far better than his record at the level above btw so it would have been a pretty shite "punt" had we gone for him imo).

Nevertheless, the one thing that would make this whole affair even funnier would be us signing JCH in January! 

23 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Administrative errors by big clubs are always a highlight of transfer deadline day. Last season it was Chelsea, Spurs and Blackburn, and it's nice to see the smaller clubs have the ambition to try and emulate those teams. Fair play to Rovers for getting their fax machine Premier League ready.

Ps. Who's going to break the news to this guy?

Screenshot_20230902-081617.png

Whisper it….but didn’t we do something similar involving Liam Rosenior once? Can’t remember the details now. 

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Whisper it….but didn’t we do something similar involving Liam Rosenior once? Can’t remember the details now. 

Yeap, our club secretary didn't get the offer to him, so he was able to walk away. Back then there was no automatic right to compensation unless you had offered at least equivalent terms to what they were on previously.

• Thanks 1