IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

51 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

If I was a betting man then I would put my money on this being exactly what they did with their track record.

Miss the deadline, make out that they tried to seal the deal, but in reality they had no intention of actually going through with it.

They know that ‘these things take time’ and whatever line they feed the gullible Sags they know that they will lap it up, worship Wally and blame every other *** in sight.

Some of their fans have woken up to the shit show, but they are shouted down by the neanderthal goons who say they’re not ‘faithful and true’ enough, give it the old ‘Up da Gas’ line and point out how Wally is the messiah who saved them and if that doesn’t work they call them out as ‘Ted’s’ and get the forum to issue a ban.

January will be another failed attempt at getting Harris, followed by there being 'no value in the January window' - which of course will translate as 'well, the top 6 is out of the question, hopefully we won't go down and we might look again in the summer'.

By which point, a third of their squad will either return to their parent club or be out of contract and Joey has to do another complete squad rebuild, which I am sure will see him explain the new bosses that it will take him most of the season to get them to gel, so don't think about sacking him.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, paul_fox said:

I've said this further back. Try to make out the new guy has money to get the fans onside another fake sheikh 

Has anyone had any luck in finding out anything about him? 
I did a Google search but came up with nothing, unusual for someone rich enough to invest in a Football Club ( loosely speaking ).

• Like 1

All joking aside.
Any Club spending best part of a Million on a Player with no resale value , out side of the Top 2 divisions is rare.
To do so and triple your record fee is unusual .
To do so and triple your 31 year old record fee is mad.
To do so and triple your 31 year old record fee , while trying to build a Stand you don't have planning for is potty.
To do so and triple your 31 year old record fee , while trying to build a Stand you don't have planning for, while supposedly trying to buy a site and a new ground is beyond fantasy . 

But still , one decent run and Wael will no doubt be carried down Gloucester Road singing Goodnight Irene .

• Like 1
  • Haha 15

6 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Has anyone had any luck in finding out anything about him? 
I did a Google search but came up with nothing, unusual for someone rich enough to invest in a Football Club ( loosely speaking ).

The BP released some info about him. The summary is he is apparently a business man rather than an immensely rich investor.

The same article I have just found quoted Wael talking about the new stand.

"We're hostage to events that are out of control in terms of just getting approvals or contractors and timelines. You can plan all you want to get what you want done in a month or two but in reality when you come to execute, things get delayed.'

Plan all you want to? Or just not bother?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

The BP released some info about him. The summary is he is apparently a business man rather than an immensely rich investor.

"We're hostage to events that are out of control in terms of just getting approvals or contractors and timelines. You can plan all you want to get what you want done in a month or two but in reality when you come to execute, things get delayed.'

So he's saying he wanted to get everything signed off and built in a month or two ?
Reality is Disneyland is in a different Country. From when planning went in it would have been amazing to get it done, that's without allowing for a 6 months delay in getting things passed. Then the build ? What the hell did he expect to happen ?
Billy Smart Circus wouldn't be this messed up.

• Like 1

Just noticed a memory that popped up. Their (then) new stand.
The more things change, the more things stay the same.

This apparently appeared on gAsschat explaining the delay in installing the new 'stand' 
"The new stand arrived, however the rear of the stand clashed with the pastie hut and the entrance clashed with the toilets. In short it wasn’t measured up properly and was sent back. Needs amending now should be back in a few weeks

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Just noticed a memory that popped up. Their (then) new stand.
The more things change, the more things stay the same.

This apparently appeared on gAsschat explaining the delay in installing the new 'stand' 
"The new stand arrived, however the rear of the stand clashed with the pastie hut and the entrance clashed with the toilets. In short it wasn’t measured up properly and was sent back. Needs amending now should be back in a few weeks

Ah right, so the pasty hut took precedence over the mammoth new stand. Excellent work.?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gert Mare said:

If I was a betting man then I would put my money on this being exactly what they did with their track record.

Miss the deadline, make out that they tried to seal the deal, but in reality they had no intention of actually going through with it.

They know that ‘these things take time’ and whatever line they feed the gullible Sags they know that they will lap it up, worship Wally and blame every other *** in sight.

Some of their fans have woken up to the shit show, but they are shouted down by the neanderthal goons who say they’re not ‘faithful and true’ enough, give it the old ‘Up da Gas’ line and point out how Wally is the messiah who saved them and if that doesn’t work they call them out as ‘Ted’s’ and get the forum to issue a ban.

Perhaps it’s just a case of stupidity by the new owner, who knows nothing about football - e.g. 5.00 pm Wael phones him to say he can have a deal at £800k. He checks the piggy bank and decides it’s just about possible. Later he realises it’s £800k + £200k add ons + 3 years salary + agents fee. That’s when panic set in and the cunning plan of missing the deadline was devised 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

concourse

Concourse ??Concourse ?? You do know who you are talking about. 
The concourse comes with the New Stand , I don't think they have a concourse in a Tent. 
And when I say new stand, I mean proposed new stand. 
And when I say proposed , I mean someone mentioned it some time. Not like officially, but definitely mentioned it so not having a new stand is in no way their fault. And even if it was their fault , it was only because someone else did something at sometime to stop them doing a build, or a rebuild, or buy something really good.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

The concourse comes with the New Stand , I don't think they have a concourse in a Tent. 
And when I say proposed , I mean someone mentioned it some time. Not like officially, but definitely mentioned it so not having a new stand is in no way their fault. And even if it was their fault , it was only because someone else did something at sometime to stop them doing a build, or a rebuild, or buy something really good.

Con? (of) course.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Sounds like one of Billy Bunter's excuses .

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

So he's saying he wanted to get everything signed off and built in a month or two ?
Reality is Disneyland is in a different Country. From when planning went in it would have been amazing to get it done, that's without allowing for a 6 months delay in getting things passed. Then the build ? What the hell did he expect to happen ?
Billy Smart Circus wouldn't be this messed up.

"You can plan all you want ............etc"  Well it seemed to work out alright for us, just lucky ,I guess ?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

"You can plan all you want ............etc"  Well it seemed to work out alright for us, just lucky ,I guess ?

Yeah, but the planning permission for their single stand was much more complicated than 500 houses, an arena, a couple of hotels, and a multi-storey car park Also so much more difficult than putting up two new stands and renovating and refurbishing an existing stand.

Apparently..

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Hostages to their own ineptitude 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

All joking aside.
Any Club spending best part of a Million on a Player with no resale value , out side of the Top 2 divisions is rare.
To do so and triple your record fee is unusual .
To do so and triple your 31 year old record fee is mad.
To do so and triple your 31 year old record fee , while trying to build a Stand you don't have planning for is potty.
To do so and triple your 31 year old record fee , while trying to build a Stand you don't have planning for, while supposedly trying to buy a site and a new ground is beyond fantasy . 

I know an old lady who swallowed a fly .................

8 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Yeah, but the planning permission for their single stand was much more complicated than 500 houses, an arena, a couple of hotels, and a multi-storey car park Also so much more difficult than putting up two new stands and renovating and refurbishing an existing stand.

Apparently..

Yeah but, the Council are all "s'heads" so just waive everything through for them, while stopping the poor gasheads at every opportunity, Innit.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Perhaps it’s just a case of stupidity by the new owner, who knows nothing about football - e.g. 5.00 pm Wael phones him to say he can have a deal at £800k. He checks the piggy bank and decides it’s just about possible. Later he realises it’s £800k + £200k add ons + 3 years salary + agents fee. That’s when panic set in and the cunning plan of missing the deadline was devised 

Not a bad shout there.  I honestly couldn’t believe it when I heard they’d supposedly landed him for 800k.  So out of character for those losers to bid that kind of money, when the Tilson record had stood for so long.  

I did wonder if it was more cynical and calculated than that though.  I certainly wouldn’t put it past them to try and con their imbicile fanbase by supposedly bidding big, but with no intention of actually following it through, hence the last minute hitch..

The result is that their bunch of simpletons are now thinking their new invester is loaded, so it’ll be interesting to see if he follows it up next transfer window.

• Like 1

From Heartofgas on their forum who won't hear a word against the club (apparently the process for their new temporary stand is a successful) :laughcont:;

"We don't know 2 of the 3 we f'd up.

On JCH we don't know the reason why it went wrong. It may have been nothing to do with us.

On the stand, how have we f'd up? Would it have been better the board planned to do this next summer? Yes, it hasn't been smooth sailing but the approach the board has taken means the stand will be built as quickly as it possibly could have been. In my book that is a success and I like that approach.

Why do some supporters always seem to jump on the most negative take on every situation and indulge in a rovers flagellation."

• Flames 1
  • Facepalm 2

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

From Heartofgas on their forum who won't hear a word against the club (apparently the process for their new temporary stand is a successful) :laughcont:;

"We don't know 2 of the 3 we f'd up.

On JCH we don't know the reason why it went wrong. It may have been nothing to do with us.

On the stand, how have we f'd up? Would it have been better the board planned to do this next summer? Yes, it hasn't been smooth sailing but the approach the board has taken means the stand will be built as quickly as it possibly could have been. In my book that is a success and I like that approach.

Why do some supporters always seem to jump on the most negative take on every situation and indulge in a rovers flagellation."

Yep. Still the delusion courses through their blue-blooded veins like this absolute belter??

IMG_3512.thumb.jpeg.f89ebbd951e4806f33114b23de104dbe.jpeg

Eh? What more do you want? I would say Premiership in 5 years….’ERE WE GO!

??

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BrizzleRed said:

Not a bad shout there.  I honestly couldn’t believe it when I heard they’d supposedly landed him for 800k.  So out of character for those losers to bid that kind of money, when the Tilson record had stood for so long.  

I did wonder if it was more cynical and calculated than that though.  I certainly wouldn’t put it past them to try and con their imbicile fanbase by supposedly bidding big, but with no intention of actually following it through, hence the last minute hitch..

The result is that their bunch of simpletons are now thinking their new invester is loaded, so it’ll be interesting to see if he follows it up next transfer window.

Yeah, Pirate Gas has done some further research and has come up with this…..

As you previously pointed out the Al Elmam Real Estate Company website ( www.elmamrealestate.com/ ) was last updated a decade ago and had little evidence of any activity anyway and the Foodco. Website also doesn't reveal much as it seems the small Al Firya Kuwaiti Restaurant has permanently closed (link on website doesn't work anyway) and the other two links to the restaurant franchise chains of Buffalo's Cafe and Quiznos that Mr Al-Saeed owns the franchisee rights to are also broken and unaccessable. I'm still wondering and fascinated to know how they made their fortune and what other business interests they are involved in that enabled them to buy into a League One football club? 

“Stick a pony in me pocket……”

??

I’m beginning to think that the ‘G’ in their much loved acronym is for ‘Gift’ not ‘Gas’. Up the Gift! ? 

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Haha 7

This guy (Oldie) gets it, but he'll be pilloried for posting it ;

"Yes, it hasn't been smooth sailing but the approach the board has taken means the stand will be built as quickly as it possibly could have been."

"That made me laugh out loud.
An approach which fundamentally ignored the realities of the BCC planning processes, perhaps even the rules?

Let's not even talk about timings.
Nor PR management, nor fan engagement.

I cannot work out whether this growing catalogue of errors is due to arrogance, stupidity or incompetence.
Whether it be the new stand, JCH transfer saga, season ticket delay or shirt branding.
It is tedious to have these issues being discussed time and time again, but who exactly is causing these issues? It's not the fans, is it.
Then we get extolled to shut up and just get behind the team, on the false premise that to be critical is to not be "behind the team" Which of course is complete bo**ox.
Then there is the divine Mr Barton whose teams, under his direction, have barely won a home game since the beginning of 2023. Dare we be critical of that.
Still, the escape from this grim reality is at kick off at any given game when optimism rules, nourished by a couple of Thatchers on board.

Short lived, invariably, as that maybe."

• Like 1
  • Flames 4

10 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

This guy (Oldie) gets it, but he'll be pilloried for posting it ;

"Yes, it hasn't been smooth sailing but the approach the board has taken means the stand will be built as quickly as it possibly could have been."

"That made me laugh out loud.
An approach which fundamentally ignored the realities of the BCC planning processes, perhaps even the rules?

Let's not even talk about timings.
Nor PR management, nor fan engagement.

I cannot work out whether this growing catalogue of errors is due to arrogance, stupidity or incompetence.
Whether it be the new stand, JCH transfer saga, season ticket delay or shirt branding.
It is tedious to have these issues being discussed time and time again, but who exactly is causing these issues? It's not the fans, is it.
Then we get extolled to shut up and just get behind the team, on the false premise that to be critical is to not be "behind the team" Which of course is complete bo**ox.
Then there is the divine Mr Barton whose teams, under his direction, have barely won a home game since the beginning of 2023. Dare we be critical of that.
Still, the escape from this grim reality is at kick off at any given game when optimism rules, nourished by a couple of Thatchers on board.

Short lived, invariably, as that maybe."

Ted?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gert Mare said:

Yeah, Pirate Gas has done some further research and has come up with this…..

As you previously pointed out the Al Elmam Real Estate Company website ( www.elmamrealestate.com/ ) was last updated a decade ago and had little evidence of any activity anyway and the Foodco. Website also doesn't reveal much as it seems the small Al Firya Kuwaiti Restaurant has permanently closed (link on website doesn't work anyway) and the other two links to the restaurant franchise chains of Buffalo's Cafe and Quiznos that Mr Al-Saeed owns the franchisee rights to are also broken and unaccessable. I'm still wondering and fascinated to know how they made their fortune and what other business interests they are involved in that enabled them to buy into a League One football club? 

“Stick a pony in me pocket……”

??

I’m beginning to think that the ‘G’ in their much loved acronym is for ‘Gift’ not ‘Gas’. Up the Gift! ? 

… well, you can safely say McDonalds have nothing to fear from that lot, looking at your evidence.  Come to that, the local cafe would probably piss all over them too!