IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Bolders & Baggins. Wasn’t that a kids TV programme during the 80’s?

Baggins was a Badger who has now been displaced from his home because Rovers started building a Meccano stand without the appropriate planning permission.

No wonder he isn’t happy

Everybody knows badger loves mash potato!

• Haha 1

No facilty to cater for disabled away supporters at the tinpot dump - Wigan aint happy.

TBF some of the tinpot supporters are calling the club out about it.

Disgraceful imo.

Wigan SLO;

I've spoken to Bristol Rovers today, they are working hard to find a solution. Options are limited but they will try their best to cater for disabled and those who want seats. IF there is a way, they will let us know in the next 7 days. I will keep you informed as info comes in.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

No facilty to cater for disabled away supporters at the tinpot dump - Wigan aint happy.

Disgraceful imo.

Wigan SLO;

I've spoken to Bristol Rovers today, they are working hard to find a solution. Options are limited but they will try their best to cater for disabled and those who want seats. IF there is a way, they will let us know in the next 7 days. I will keep you informed as info comes in.

Ragass!

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Disgraceful imo.

Wigan SLO;

One of them suggests that they should blame the Green Party and tell them they need to remove their objection as it's impacting disabled supporters.

This is some different level of delusion.

What they should have done, was not remove the old stand until they had planning sorted for the new one. Not that the planning application has been heard yet, anyway.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

On 09/09/2023 at 17:19, Gert Mare said:

Yep. With no update / progression of the ‘fruition’ of the Fruitihad they just announce plans for a Meccano South Stand and start flogging tickets and the Sags just lap it all up, forgetting all about the Fruitihad and if it will EVER happen. They’re not even questioning what the actual F is going on?!

Then they get in some ageing pros and a controversial woman beater because he’s going cheap and then when the South Stand runs into planning problems they announce that they are after JCH (without any intention of actually seeing it through) to divert Sags from planning a Tote End Aggro assault on any Green Party Member who by default is now a Gurt Ted intent on preventing their progression at all costs.

They just can’t see it and they just refuse to believe it and yet the shit fest is happening almost daily. They are now creating 150 page threads where they almost believe it and then someone pipes up with how unfaithful they are and round and round in circles they go.

The dumb ####wits!

IMG_3525.thumb.jpeg.c103e5b7cff3e3bba8c094f9b67350e4.jpeg
Ummm….Yes….Could have been responding word for word to my post on here yesterday ?

Conspiracy theory eh? Jesus, how ******* thick are they? Deluded Sags!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

All piss-taking aside, just for a brief moment, in 2023 how can ANY professional organisation, sporting or otherwise, expect to get away with the provision of NO facilities for disabled customers? It’s simply unconscionable, disgusting and completely unacceptable. They should receive the most stringent sanctions from the football and trading authorities.

I think there is some wiggle room, but as they don't have planning, it does look like they removed a poor, but compliant structure and have now discriminated against those with mobility challenges.

They need to find a solution for this, could be they try and switch their home games and hope that by the time the reverse fixture comes round they can host them, but then if they found themselves with 6 consecutive home games, the police would likely have objections. They either need to offer a space, or maybe move home supporters.

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I think there is some wiggle room, but as they don't have planning, it does look like they removed a poor, but compliant structure and have now discriminated against those with mobility challenges.

They need to find a solution for this, could be they try and switch their home games and hope that by the time the reverse fixture comes round they can host them, but then if they found themselves with 6 consecutive home games, the police would likely have objections. They either need to offer a space, or maybe move home supporters.

ALL of their problems are self-inflicted. Nothing to do with the Green Party, contractors, steel manufacturers, local residents, the Council Planning Department yada, yada, yada. They are the only ones to blame. Until they recognise and accept this, they’ll never take the necessary steps to remove the causes of their incompetence, enabling them to move forward with certainty. It’s called professionalism. (Personally, I’ll be delighted if they carry on in their own sweet way).

Projects seldom run smoothly - there are always obstacles which will require mitigation. The old project management mantra “Perfect Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance” has been completely ignored by the 15ers to be replaced by “Ah, don’t worry about that mate, it’ll be fine”.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

ALL of their problems are self-inflicted. Nothing to do with the Green Party, contractors, steel manufacturers, local residents, the Council Planning Department yada, yada, yada. They are the only ones to blame. Until they recognise and accept this, they’ll never take the necessary steps to remove the causes of their incompetence, enabling them to move forward with certainty. It’s called professionalism. (Personally, I’ll be delighted if they carry on in their own sweet way).

Projects seldom run smoothly - there are always obstacles which will require mitigation. The old project management mantra “Perfect Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance” has been completely ignored by the 15ers to be replaced by “Ah, don’t worry about that mate, it’ll be fine”.

And if your project plan anticipates getting planning consent in under 3 months for a major rebuild of one and a half sides of a football stadium (I use the term loosely) then it’s pretty much guaranteed to not run smoothly. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Ah, but there's a combination of mitigating circumstances there.

That mantra requires 6 'P's, however Rovers don't have a pot to P in.

That combined with us so regularly taking the P forced them to seek another mantra to use.

Edited by transfer reader
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

All piss-taking aside, just for a brief moment, in 2023 how can ANY professional organisation, sporting or otherwise, expect to get away with the provision of NO facilities for disabled customers? It’s simply unconscionable, disgusting and completely unacceptable. They should receive the most stringent sanctions from the football and trading authorities.

I’d go further.

I don’t think their ground is suitable to stage any matches at league standard until they resolve this.

If they have to switch games to the second half of the season or play home ones at Forest Green or Cheltenham then tough.

Their stand shambles is pretty hilarious but this isn’t, they have I understand struggled to comply with the minimum seats for league football rule & initially offered Barnsley no seats for those with disabilities, not sure how (if?) they got around this one but it really isn’t acceptable.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I’m glad you didn’t say they were the architects of their own downfall, as I’d be prepared to wager no architect has been anywhere near the place or the design idea. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 08/09/2023 at 20:11, Open End Numb Legs said:

The BP released some info about him. The summary is he is apparently a business man rather than an immensely rich investor.

The same article I have just found quoted Wael talking about the new stand.

"We're hostage to events that are out of control in terms of just getting approvals or contractors and timelines. You can plan all you want to get what you want done in a month or two but in reality when you come to execute, things get delayed.'

Plan all you want to? Or just not bother?

Things get delayed; that's where he went wrong. . . Its, "these things take time" that's the correct answer for someone who fudges everything & hasn't got a scoobie about what he's doing. Extremely unprofessional and totally and utterly tinpot.