IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

So they had a chance at the UWE,  12 years ago. That one they wouldn't have owned and UWE would have taken a cut in revenue. 
They didn't like that as money from the Mem would have been their input into the ground.
The Fruit-i-had , they wouldn't have owned ( long lease ) and CONYGAR would have had a share in revenue. 
The sale of the Mem going towards the build . 
So that sounds the same to me , only they would have been in years ago.

Now they are going to redecorate the Mem, which they could have started 10 years ago . 

absolute shambles FC ?

BRF see how incompetent 

42 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Although there are some sensible people on the Rovers’ forum who realise how shambolic the club is, there are still a lot who are totally deluded - e.g. 

“I think we knew that Wael and co were hard bargainers after the UWE collapse.

That's a good thing, we want a good deal for the club ultimately.”

How can anyone believe the UWE and Fruit Market stadiums have fallen through because of Wael’s negotiating skills?  They’ve fallen through because, as always, Rovers don’t want to spend any money. 

When is that? I think we need to repost that article from a few pages back that was from the mid 60s, in case some of their younger fans think that this kind of flim flam is something new in their history.

22 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

So they had a chance at the UWE,  12 years ago. That one they wouldn't have owned and UWE would have taken a cut in revenue. 
They didn't like that as money from the Mem would have been their input into the ground.
The Fruit-i-had , they wouldn't have owned ( long lease ) and CONYGAR would have had a share in revenue. 
The sale of the Mem going towards the build . 
So that sounds the same to me , only they would have been in years ago.

Now they are going to redecorate the Mem, which they could have started 10 years ago . 

absolute shambles FC ?

BRF see how incompetent 

Well, at least they’ve already got the new curtains towrds it!!!

1 hour ago, Glen hump said:

There’s a couple on gas chat already saying they didn’t want to go there shit location, I’ve never seen a fan base like them, delusional donkey jacket wearing ******** 

They stopped wearing the donkey jackets on the basis that they were worried some of the Equine Hit-Squad might get confused and lash out.

• Haha 1

I see what’s happened here, ”capacity between 17k-20k”…

Well done to the R*vers board for realising that this is no where near big enough and it would leave thousands of disappointed Sags outside the gates every home game.

I don’t doubt for one second they will soon be back with plans for a 75k mega stadium and I for one can’t wait to see the promotional video they release before even discussing this with absolutely anyone they need to!

• Haha 1

There surely has to come a point soon when they realise Wally and his new friends are absolute charlatans, and all they are is a property deal gone wrong with owners playing for time ever since. No serious club has the amount of cock ups they have, and no serious businessmen would allow that level of cock ups.

Theres being gullible but their fanbase just abuse the privilege 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

There surely has to come a point soon when they realise Wally and his new friends are absolute charlatans, and all they are is a property deal gone wrong with owners playing for time ever since. No serious club has the amount of cock ups they have, and no serious businessmen would allow that level of cock ups.

Theres being gullible but their fanbase just abuse the privilege 

They aught to write to "Ripoff Britain" on the Beeb !

14 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Latest is they didn't really like the brand spanking 25k fruityhad idea in the 1st place:-

Let’s just rebuild the Mem. Old school stadiums are much more “romantic” anyway. Out of town bowls are boring.

Ironic that the Mem is further out of town than Bristol City FC, Bristol Bears RFC and even than a club who represent a different county, Glos CCC