IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

13 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

TBF they mostly do nowadays - it all goes back to him making up that story about City fans beating up a disabled person and the club doing nothing about it. Even the dribblers thought that was out of order and have called him out on it ever since.

Well…let’s be accurate here mate

One or two were sceptical at the time about the story but the vast majority of them were only too eager to believe him without question despite how ridiculous the claims were. In the years since a few more have reluctantly had to admit that he was clearly spouting bullshit but only a small number actually call him out on this. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

TBF they mostly do nowadays - it all goes back to him making up that story about City fans beating up a disabled person and the club doing nothing about it. Even the dribblers thought that was out of order and have called him out on it ever since.

Didn’t the Constabulary pay him a visit?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

Wally has provided an update on all of the recent cock ups.

There is light at the end of the tunnel, but it's going to take.....

Everyone knows he was telling porkies back then and surely a huge red flag as he mentioned "as soon as we have something concrete people will know".

He's only ever purchased plastic and canvas since he has been there.

• Haha 2
  • Robin 1

Good luck to them redeveloping the Mem. When they got planning for the last redevelopment back in the 00's it was viable due to enabling development in the form of student accommodation for UWE. 

UWE have since built masses of student accommodation on their existing campus, and so it's unlikely there is still off-site demand.

Also, I'm not convinced UWE will be keen on going into partnership with Rovers given the UWE stadium debacle, when Rovers pulled the plug on the scheme late in the day. 

Rovers have proven themselves time and time again to be completely unreliable development partners. 

• Like 10
  • Flames 1

44 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Everyone knows he was telling porkies back then and surely a huge red flag as he mentioned "as soon as we have something concrete people will know".

He's only ever purchased plastic and canvas since he has been there.

To be fair, at their normal rate of development they’re probably looking into investing in RAAC as we speak 

• Haha 3

I do feel a little sorry for rovers fans , they have put up with so much shit over the years and still are , they were never going to get FM bowl off the ground , the access and egress around that area is a nightmare now and where did they think they’d all park .I suppose the filton airfield wouldn’t be a bad fit for them as easy road links to ring road but as football fans ( I use that term loosely ) they have been mushrooms who are constantly fed shite , I wonder if they could even afford to get rid of that useless midget of a manager 

6 minutes ago, Redsi2 said:

Makes me laugh the gas are all saying redevelop the mem like we did. They seem to forget you need 70 million or more now to do that. There owners have no access to that sort of money and unfortunately no one is going to come along and do it for free!!

I would say, using a rule of thumb which is now out of date, that a 20k stadium would cost 60m for a good finish. Given that they would obviously go for a cheap version, it would still be in the region of 45m-50m.

As I say, thats probably now out of date given the rise in construction costs (and everything else) in the last few years.

Of course, if they want to go down the route of temporary stands with pillars and plastic roofs, such as their new South Stand, it would be a hell of a lot less but offer nothing in terms of additional off pitch revenue. But I don't think they could afford even that.

They're *****d.

Which is nice.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Hilarity tinged with some sadness today. Yes it’s hilarious the plug has been pulled on the fruit market, but more than a serving of sadness that their banter has quite possibly reached its absolute pinnacle today. Surely this can never be topped? 

Tinge of sadness for me as well.

Went down the pub early hoping to have a decent wind up, but not a Pikey in sight.

Had a couple and came home.

There's always tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Tbf looks a lot sturdy then anything else of they have built 

I presume they have planning now then? Or could they literally be taking a risk and potentially have to pull it down?

No, they don't have planning and those lights won't fully clear the roof.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I would say, using a rule of thumb which is now out of date, that a 20k stadium would cost 60m for a good finish. Given that they would obviously go for a cheap version, it would still be in the region of 45m-50m.

As I say, thats probably now out of date given the rise in construction costs (and everything else) in the last few years.

Of course, if they want to go down the route of temporary stands with pillars and plastic roofs, such as their new South Stand, it would be a hell of a lot less but offer nothing in terms of additional off pitch revenue. But I don't think they could afford even that.

They're *****d.

Which is nice.

The roof is plastic? ?