IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Makes Wally's decision to pull out of UWE when UWE agreed to the new stadium plan, look even more stupid.

Now they have no funding whatsoever apart from the few shillings that their new ice cream salesman throws in.

I would guestimate that the cost of that temporary structure was to be factored into the sale of the old dump before moving to the fruitbowl.

What they are left with is an old crumbling rugby ground that they don't want & that's had minimal investment in recent years.

Whatever they do it will cost them a lot of money to develop this aging site; money they don't have. 

39 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Wow! I had forgotten some of those articles in the BEP, "Demanding" that it was somehow Bristol City's duty to groundshare with them, what did it have to do with us? There was much more benefit to us to let them dissolve into nothingness, as was being suggested by their board. In fact there are so many statements from their board that they would be going out of business, you have to wonder why they still exist at all.

This is existence ?

• Admin
30 minutes ago, mattjb said:

Because the temporary stand isn’t temporary?!

29 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

I thought it was short term due to new ground plans :laugh:

People are confusing the meaning of "Temporary"

It's not "temporary" as in only being used for short period of time

It is "temporary" as in it is not a fixed permanent structure, as in the stand "could" be taken down and moved to another location

As an example anyone that has been to Weston FC, the stand behind the goal is "temporary" as they had originally planned to move stadium again in a number of years and the plan was to take it with them. 

Ultimately the stands will no doubt be in place for a very long period of time

Without looking into it, I suspect there are many similar structures around the lower leagues and non league

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Whilst I actually understand why they are pressing ahead with the build, they really are going to build it with no planning permission then hope they get it 

my god just imagine......

Edited by Club and Country

7 minutes ago, Sarumred said:

Aren't BCC setting a president here?

My understanding is that if you want to build an extension to your property you can't go ahead until planning has been approved. This seems to contradict that. 

You can build and apply for retrospective planning permission.

Whether you get it is a different matter..

• Like 1

After their rabid mass rally to support the club in sending in support...

"While the number of public comments being received and uploaded onto the council's planning portal by planning officers has slowed in September, as of Tuesday morning, September 12, there have been a total of 913 letters of support for the application, with 214 letters of objection." 

*215 objections

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Sarumred said:

Aren't BCC setting a president here?

My understanding is that if you want to build an extension to your property you can't go ahead until planning has been approved. This seems to contradict that. 

You can proceed with ‘unauthorised development’, but ‘it’s entirely at your own risk’. One risk is that if the case goes to Committee the politicians see the act of commencing/completing the development to which the application relates as undermining their authority and that pisses them off - so a refusal is more likely. This is particularly the case if there are some sound planning reasons around to back a refusal. 

An enforcement, followed by a stop notice, can be served though. If memory serves me right the Council can then apply to Court should then building continue in order to stop it. Should the magistrate/judge support the Council’s application an injunction will be served on the offending party resulting in mega ££££s/jail if breached.

If they are not building in accordance with the details in the submitted plan, this will - from my experience - really piss the Councillors off. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, GeoTheCiderHead said:

9AB7C385-A0E5-4E7A-8C73-4D4488D80BE6.jpeg

One of the best comments ever - and not from an excited fan, an actual employee. It's as if he expected nobody to be able to actually see what they done.... Yet they still listen to this bloke as a truth teller who would never lie to the bestest fans in the World.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

When their megastand is up they'll be claiming only Real Madrid have done more to improve their ground.

Well, Madrid have a pitch which can be retracted in a couple of hours. Rovers have stands which can be dismantled in same time period. It's a fair comparison. 

• Haha 5

Gone up to a million pound bid.

Typical, it'll be 2m by next week.

Its nice that they are amazing and growing stronger every day - I assume thats from today rather than taking into account all the cockups of the previous days ?

"Well that is now 725 pages on a stadium that doesn't exist and now looks very like it never will. We are Bristol Rovers we are amazing.
There are some positives though, we bid a million pounds for a player, unfortunately though staff at the cub could't cope with reaching these giddy hight's of the transfer market and we cocked -up. Also for the first time in most of our histories of supporting the club, a new decent size stand is being built . So things are getting better, we are growing stronger every day."

• Haha 2