IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, TomF said:

certainly the illustrations of the stand on the BCC planning site look a lot smaller than whats actually there now. 

I think the next block to go up is where the tree line now ends, so in full view of neighbours.

I'm pretty sure they'll be questioning if the height at the back of the stand is as per application as a matter of course.

:yawn:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, phantom said:

People are confusing the meaning of "Temporary"

It's not "temporary" as in only being used for short period of time

It is "temporary" as in it is not a fixed permanent structure, as in the stand "could" be taken down and moved to another location

As an example anyone that has been to Weston FC, the stand behind the goal is "temporary" as they had originally planned to move stadium again in a number of years and the plan was to take it with them. 

Ultimately the stands will no doubt be in place for a very long period of time

Without looking into it, I suspect there are many similar structures around the lower leagues and non league

Yep that’s kinda what I was implying. They are calling it temporary,it’s all they can afford to build but really it’s long term 

Edited by mattjb

9 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

That period late 90’s & mid 00’s was wild for stadium plans, for both clubs.

Ashton Gate Rebuild -30k

Hengrove - 40k

Severnside (shared stadium)

Fruit Market (shared stadium) 

Mem Rebuild - 15k? 

East End rebuild 

UWE stadium 

Ashton Vale (I think this fits in the time frame) 

It’s the sites that weren’t announced I find interesting. We know City acknowledged the council offered arena Island, and Rovers likewise has land by Rolls Royce suggested to them but there’s been a fair few others that to me, sounded like a really good idea. 

Early / mid 80's Stoke Gifford near Parkway (long before Bradley Stoke was a thing).

34 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

......So Rovers are hoping to get planning permission semi-retrospectively, as soon as possible.....

What does that mean? They either get permission before or after the build has started. Time doesn't work any other way. Just putting in the application in doth butter no parsnips.

There are three other things that need to be queried from that article. 

1. "As long as what they build is in line with their planning application" Is this why their application is so vague and nothing more than a pencil drawing buy a junior employee?

2. "While other options are being explored, including the possibility of building a new stadium close to the site of the planned arena at the Brabazon Hangar at Filton Airfield" There are thousands of homes being built on those sites right now, how does a stadium fit in with those developments?

3. "While the number of public comments being received and uploaded onto the council's planning portal by planning officers has slowed in September, as of Tuesday morning, September 12, there have been a total of 913 letters of support for the application, with 214 letters of objection." Do whatever passes as journalists at Bristol Live believe that it's all about numbers when it comes to letters of objection or support? The supporting letters we have seen are little more than "Rover's need a stand", why is this not mentioned?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, GeoTheCiderHead said:

9AB7C385-A0E5-4E7A-8C73-4D4488D80BE6.jpeg

He's actually correct.

The South West Corner Trolley Park Stand.

The Tenty type with the lovely deckchair moving roof Stand.

A repaint of Santa's Grotto.

The Skeletor murial on the public convenience using a left handed paintbrush. 

That second hand large telly that's stuck on Babestation.

A strip of Championship ready tarmac.

All of the above is a massive improvement on that dump. Spurs, hang your heads in shame.

• Haha 6

10 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Gone up to a million pound bid.

Typical, it'll be 2m by next week.

Its nice that they are amazing and growing stronger every day - I assume thats from today rather than taking into account all the cockups of the previous days ?

"Well that is now 725 pages on a stadium that doesn't exist and now looks very like it never will. We are Bristol Rovers we are amazing.
There are some positives though, we bid a million pounds for a player, unfortunately though staff at the cub could't cope with reaching these giddy hight's of the transfer market and we cocked -up. Also for the first time in most of our histories of supporting the club, a new decent size stand is being built . So things are getting better, we are growing stronger every day."

That's what Bob Crachit said about Tiny Tim.......and he died !