IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

They suggested on their latest Gas Podcast that the club should just fold altogether.

Not just yet…..we’re having fun. Don’t stop the parrrrrrrrrtay!

Seconded, I'd rather it stagger from embarrassment to embarrassment and not fold till it hits at least Southern League. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

Hi Mods, could you please roll out the OTIB red carpet for the g4s forum legend that is 'Pirate'?  With outlandish and divisive opinions like those in his/her/other posting, there's a fairly swift banishment to 'join they gert teds' rumbling up on the horizon.

pirate
Forum Legend

pirate Avatar

With all due respect, there is zero evidence the new owners had the means to personally write off £2.2million on one player and looks like when it came to the crunch we were found wanting, because there is absolutely no reason why having agreed a deal with 2 hours left of the deadline (and the Peterborough United Head of Football Operations even helping us speed up the paperwork) that we shouldn't have completed the paperwork and deal in plenty of time. If you want to believe poor old Bristol Rovers somehow simply missed the two deadlines by a matter of seconds/minutes (despite having 2 HOURS to get it over the line) then that is your prerogative, but it certainly doesn't wash with me.

£2.2 m ? I thought it was barely 1 mill , have I missed something (like the sags did ) ?

1 minute ago, slartibartfast said:

£2.2 m ? I thought it was barely 1 mill , have I missed something (like the sags did ) ?

Guess it would have included his lucrative 3 year deal. Probably would of been their highest ever earner as well, hence it was never going to happen in the first place. All a ruse if you ask me.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I posted a day or two ago that someone on their site had mentioned the million pound JCH transfer and I said that it'll be 2m by next week. 

It won't have been 2.2m even with three years salary thrown in.

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

20 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Which podcast mate?

GasCast

The last 10 minutes is worth a listen. 

First bit talks about how they were having a party to celebrate JCH’s homecoming and they were getting up to the minute updates from someone who was ITK.

Then at 11pm they realised that the deal wasn’t happening and describe the celebration as turning into what they describe as ‘more like a funeral’

Edited by Gert Mare

20 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

GasCast

The last 10 minutes is worth a listen. 

First bit talks about how they were having a party to celebrate JCH’s homecoming and they were getting up to the minute updates from someone who was ITK.

Then at 11pm they realised that the deal wasn’t happening and describe the celebration as turning into what they describe as ‘more like a funeral’

Just listened. They were throwing a party and doing shots at the deal going through….then it didn’t and apparently it’s a bullet dodged. 

**** me ????

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Just listened. They were throwing a party and doing shots at the deal going through….then it didn’t and apparently it’s a bullet dodged. 

**** me ????

They talk about the new owner coming in and go through 4 different scenarios of why the Fruit Market might have stopped since he came in, but not a single one of those options included him possibly not being the multi billionaire with endless reserves of cash to throw down the drain for a completely lost cause!

Could he just be another complete charlatan with a nice watch?

Or maybe could he have other plans for the club? Like burying them and developing the land at Horfield for something more profitable perhaps? Wally is universally loved. There is no affinity with the kebab man. Easy for him to just sell them out is it not?

They don’t even seem to question the possibility that they could just be on a path to becoming another Bury FC?

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, TomF said:

Not like them to celebrate before the final hurdle..

When the fans run on the pitch at the end look at the mid 50s looking bloke in purple jumper & grey hair go to huddle on of the players , couldn’t even get that right ffs - can someone please tell me what there singing at the end ???

Edited by redkev
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, redkev said:

When the fans run on the pitch at the end look at the mid 50s looking bloke in purple jumper & grey hair go to huddle on of the players , couldn’t even get that right ffs - can someone please tell me what there singing at the end 

WE ARE STAYING UP ... WE ARE STAYING UP!

How did that work out for them? Anybody remember?!

13 minutes ago, redkev said:

When the fans run on the pitch at the end look at the mid 50s looking bloke in purple jumper & grey hair go to huddle on of the players , couldn’t even get that right ffs - can someone please tell me what there singing at the end ???

Such a beautiful video that.  Made the following weekend 100 times better! 

8 minutes ago, lenred said:

Such a beautiful video that.  Made the following weekend 100 times better! 

That weekend has to go down as one of the best ever , can remember it so well .

was out painting the fence with no thought of that lot until one of my lads rang me about saying they were losing , then he ran bang back and said now such and such are winning blah blah blah are winning and if xxxx win as well rovers drop in the relegation zone, the brush was quickly put down and in house I rushed to watch Geoff on sky for the final 15 mins I was glued to the tv , suddenly xxxx were winning and the gas were there in black and white ready for the drop , surely the gas would equalise or one of the others would concede getting rovers out of the mire , but not to be I’m sure it was at 16:52 I heard those immortals words from Geoff stelling BRISTOL ROVERS HAVE BEEN RELEGATED FROM THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE , and if things couldn’t get any better I later found out it was by a team wearing a Rovers kit ???ffs it really doesn’t get better than that does it , even though this stand malarkey is giving it a good run for its money 

they really are the gift that keeps giving 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, redkev said:

was out painting the fence with no thought of that lot until one of my lads rang me about saying they were losing , then he ran bang back and said now such and such are winning blah blah blah are winning and if xxxx win as well rovers drop in the relegation zone, the brush was quickly put down and in house I rushed to watch Geoff on sky for the final 15 mins I was glued to the tv , suddenly xxxx were winning and the gas were there in black and white ready for the drop , surely the gas would equalise or one of the others would concede getting rovers out of the mire , but not to be I’m sure it was at 16:52 I heard those immortals words from Geoff stelling BRISTOL ROVERS HAVE BEEN RELEGATED FROM THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE , and if things couldn’t get any better I later found out it was by a team wearing a Rovers kit ???ffs it really doesn’t get better than that does it , even though this stand malarkey is giving it a good run for its money 

I`d been up working in Shaftesbury and was driving home down the 303 listening to 5Live. I had to stop in a layby as it wasn`t safe for me to drive any more as I was laughing so much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, redkev said:

I loved the fan filmed video of the last game. Some of their audible comments had me in tears. Good Times.

15 minutes ago, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

Talk on Gaschat of their new stand being an imposing structure and looking very impressive! ??‍♂️ surely no other fan base in the land would be getting so excited by a temporary stand going up?! 

That’s true. But then there’s no other fan base in the land looking at a temporary stand that’s replacing a tent! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

Talk on Gaschat of their new stand being an imposing structure and looking very impressive! ??‍♂️ surely no other fan base in the land would be getting so excited by a temporary stand going up?! 

For them it's ALL relative. Which is no small irony if you know what I mean ?

• Flames 1

5 hours ago, Banjo Island said:

Anyone fancy a game of subbuteo

Every time I see this I wonder how it wasn't just rejected from the Planning Website for lacking any detail. I had to make a pre planning application once, for £30 you could send them your proposal and they would tell you what your chances of success would be in the full application. 

I had to not only do a rough sketch of what I was proposing, but send photographs of the surrounding properties to show how they might be affected and how my proposal fitted with the area.

That picture shows nothing really, it could even be facing away from the pitch for all the information it shows, and yet according to the article a few days ago, they are allowed to continue to build as long as it matches the plans. How can anyone determine if that is the case?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Every time I see this I wonder how it wasn't just rejected from the Planning Website for lacking any detail. I had to make a pre planning application once, for £30 you could send them your proposal and they would tell you what your chances of success would be in the full application. 

I had to not only do a rough sketch of what I was proposing, but send photographs of the surrounding properties to show how they might be affected and how my proposal fitted with the area.

That picture shows nothing really, it could even be facing away from the pitch for all the information it shows, and yet according to the article a few days ago, they are allowed to continue to build as long as it matches the plans. How can anyone determine if that is the case?

More detailed application below, albeit in Powerpoint;

https://pa.bristol.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=RSQK1RDNKSY00

(Scroll down to the bottom)

Edited by bcfc01
  • Thanks 2