IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Raises all sorts of questions.

Will the new application be at the bottom of the pile.

With previous votes of support or objection still be valid.

Will the new application be the same or different to the one they submitted before.

Will there be the same number of spaces for disabled supporters.

Someone somewhere will be a loser in this.

I assume this withdrawal is on the advice of Bristol building control.

1 minute ago, Red Homer said:

I would imagine (dealing with planning day-to-day as I do) that BCC as the LPA have advised that the application is likely to be rejected, and that with modification x,y and z it should go through, so the best thing is to withdraw and resubmit. That's normally the reason behind application withdrawals, I could be totally wrong though!

Believe your correct Homer-

Hadn't read your post & placed similar lower down the line.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Not surprised.

The entertainment continues 🍿.

Interesting to compare the recent photo in the press article with that on street view, when there was just Steve's big screen. Very different for the locals.

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Guessing this is either procedural or to ensure that it now goes through as quickly as possible.

The total naivety of those on here saying that it will be refused & will have to be taken down, they have had someone on the inside with a vested interest who has been pushing this ahead of the usual queues all along. Same thing applies with the Fruit Market project, even though that appears to be dead.

If they were a halfway competent outfit this stand would be in use by now.

It’s all pretty standard stuff. Guess some will fall for a headline 

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

It’s all pretty standard stuff. Guess some will fall for a headline 

Putting in a planning application, then withdrawing it, then having to resubmit another application is standard stuff ?

Yeah right.

Its a complete cock up and the original plans obviously do not match what they are trying to build.

It will eventually go through but this most definitely is not standard stuff.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Putting in a planning application, then withdrawing it, then having to resubmit another application is standard stuff ?

Yeah right.

Its a complete cock up and the original plans obviously do not match what they are trying to build.

It will eventually go through but this most definitely is not standard stuff.

They’ve been told to amend it so that’s what they are doing. They are withdrawing, amending and resubmitting.  Pretty standard stuff really.  

• Haha 5

The Post are reporting that the new planning application will take the club back to square one and all previous letters of support/objection will be disregarded with new support/objections based on the new application. I'm not sure if that is the case, but if so it will take it into next year despite being "fast tracked".

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/neighbours-told-bristol-rovers-re-8787562

• Like 1

Just now, alexukhc said:

Thinking bout it, anyone think they’ve pulled out of planning permission is cuz they can’t afford to finish it?

Nah, I reckon it has dawned on them that what they've built isn't remotely like the plan they submitted and they've been told that it isn't worth turning up, arguing their case, being told 'no', going back to the start and then doing it all over again.

They've probably been told 'it'll be easier for everyone, if you just start the planning process again'. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

The Post are reporting that the new planning application will take the club back to square one and all previous letters of support/objection will be disregarded with new support/objections based on the new application. I'm not sure if that is the case, but if so it will take it into next year despite being "fast tracked".

Any Interested Party representations only apply to the current application. Therefore, anything that has already been submitted will be null and void once the application is withdrawn. Nothing to stop IPs from writing in again, saying that their previous reasons for support/objection still stand and attach their original rep.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Yes it will be the case. Technically a new plan with a new planning number. 

3 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

They’ve been told to amend it so that’s what they are doing. They are withdrawing, amending and resubmitting.  Pretty standard stuff really.  

Pretty standard stuff so long as your not actually building the bloody thing!!!

This is appalling and they should be made to remove it.....now!

Starting to build without planning permission or building regulations is a complete no no. Not even for a school or hospital!

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Guessing this is either procedural or to ensure that it now goes through as quickly as possible.

The total naivety of those on here saying that it will be refused & will have to be taken down, they have had someone on the inside with a vested interest who has been pushing this ahead of the usual queues all along. Same thing applies with the Fruit Market project, even though that appears to be dead.

If they were a halfway competent outfit this stand would be in use by now.

It can happen…..

https://theintermediary.co.uk/2023/09/royal-borough-of-greenwich-moves-to-enforce-demolition-of-two-tower-blocks-following-planning-violations/

I’m not seriously comparing the two though: agree with you that it will happen, we just have to enjoy the ride! 

I'm confident we would have gone about it in a totally proper and professional way, unlike that mob who seem to think they don't need to comply with anything.
I would hope that every one that has applied for planning before Billy Smarts, gets heard and processed before them. As I would if it was us. 
That would put it back to 6 months after they apply, and we know they aren't quick with the Etch-a-sketch. Ready for next year, possibly.

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

Out of interest who are they blaming this time?

Penny has finally dropped with a few, but there are still the bell ends like this creature (calls itself amgas);

"Not sure why people think lack of planning permission will stop us using it - once it is finished bums will be on the seats. None of the small stands people have been sitting in over recent weeks have planning permission".

• Haha 7
  • Facepalm 2

29 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Penny has finally dropped with a few, but there are still the bell ends like this creature (calls itself amgas);

"Not sure why people think lack of planning permission will stop us using it - once it is finished bums will be on the seats. None of the small stands people have been sitting in over recent weeks have planning permission".

I believe "amgas" is the nom de plume of Mr Al-Quidi himself.

"Finnished bums will be on the seats" is a well known phrase in Amman as well as Helsinki.

Planning permissions are there for a reason, without it anyone can build what they like,where they like, block of flats in back garden anyone? even with permission if you vary from its detail you could well have to take it down......like some builder in London with new tower blocks, some sold and lived in, but way off with the planning permission details according to the council, now could have to take it down at costs of 10`s of millions

8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Things like this almost make me sorry for them. Genuinely. Imagine this -this - is the high point of your existence. Playing in a laughing stock stadium with a hated management team and players you keep as nobody else wants and this is as good as it gets???

**** me ragged.

Deluded...as ever.

14 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Things like this almost make me sorry for them. Genuinely. Imagine this -this - is the high point of your existence. Playing in a laughing stock stadium with a hated management team and players you keep as nobody else wants and this is as good as it gets???

**** me ragged.

Highest number of horses punched.

Highest number of family members "interfered" with.

Highest ever boob cricket score.

Best ever sprinkler system.

The list is endless...😳

• Like 1