IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Warnock finding one last way to wind up Bristol City fans would actually be pretty funny

There’s only one club in Bristol he has said he wanted to manage….and it’s not the Gas.

8 hours ago, glynriley said:

Oh no, he’s still going. Don’t do drugs kids…

Might be a refreshing change for him to manage players he wants in a squad he’s balanced and prove beyond any doubt he has the nous to take a team from nowhere to somewhere. He’d certainly get backing by both board and fans and that might sway him to do a job he’d actually enjoy for a while. We might just be a stepping stone in his journey back to the top flight but the longer you’re not in a role the easier it is to forget you.

They got more chance with Beatrix Potter. 

Who else does Terry F*ckwitt think is in the frame?

Mourinho is ex Chelsea? 

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

11 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

B131D6C3-5AA8-4277-BF77-345ADF49BB3A.jpeg

One last narcissistic comment, if they improve their position it is because of him, if they do nothing then it's the next blokes fault.

How are they better off than when he joined? They have a squad with loads of players on their last payday waiting to retire, loans, and only one player that seems to be worth anything at all going by reports. Their wage bill is no doubt the highest they've ever had, and at the end of the season they have to start another seasonal rebuild. 

They are in a terrible position, and it will be interesting to see their finances when it comes to FFP.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Genuinely mixed emotions here. 

Reading their fans celebrate his wife beating case being thrown out on a technicality and genuinely worshipping a despicable man. His constant blaming refs and throwing players under the bus. His conspiracy theories. His excuses.

Joey Barton is a horrible scum bag. But he’s left a great legacy at their place. He’s spent fortunes on an aging squad like they’ve never known. And they’re certainly not better off. 

My prediction is that Joey will go the way of Le Tiss and Lambert and hit a downward spiral. I can only hope. He certainly deserves it. In many ways I despise Joey more than I do Bristol Rovers. He’s a horrible chap with horrible values - they’re just an unpleasant (and hilarious) football club. 

Bristol Rovers & Joey Barton 2021-2023. A match made in heaven. 

Dr Seuss once said, “Don’t be sad that it’s over. Smile that it happened.”

💯 

9 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Warnock finding one last way to wind up Bristol City fans would actually be pretty funny

Back in the day there was absolutely no love lost between Warnock and the Blue Few, around the time he managed Notts - Huddersfield - Plymouth.

Which is why I've never been able to dislike him that much, despite the so-called "football" some of his teams have played.

Hopefully he's still holding that grudge - wouldn't want anyone with his success rate as their new manager.  

18 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Attractive mind.... 😂

We must be a pretty attractive proposition.

New stand coming along.
Eulogised by many for our signings and team staff structure.
Had close to a mil to spend but messed it up.
Training ground that championship clubs train on.

It's certainly as attractive or more attractive than we've ever been.

That new "stand" is certainly a deal breaker, I'm sure Pep is considering his  future at Man City 😆

54 minutes ago, TheReds said:

One last narcissistic comment, if they improve their position it is because of him, if they do nothing then it's the next blokes fault.

How are they better off than when he joined? They have a squad with loads of players on their last payday waiting to retire, loans, and only one player that seems to be worth anything at all going by reports. Their wage bill is no doubt the highest they've ever had, and at the end of the season they have to start another seasonal rebuild. 

They are in a terrible position, and it will be interesting to see their finances when it comes to FFP.

He joined them on 22nd Feb when they sat 19th in League 1.

He leaves them in 16th in league 1 (2 points above 19th place).

They are in such a better place than when he took over - Joey says so.

1 hour ago, BetterRedthanBlue said:

I don't think he would. We obviously have the banter with each other (the minutes booing when he passes away) but I feel that he has a weird respect for us and our fans.

As mentioned, he has stated publicly that he respects us and has said that we are one of the clubs he would have like to have managed.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Genuinely mixed emotions here. 

Reading their fans celebrate his wife beating case being thrown out on a technicality and genuinely worshipping a despicable man. His constant blaming refs and throwing players under the bus. His conspiracy theories. His excuses.

Joey Barton is a horrible scum bag. But he’s left a great legacy at their place. He’s spent fortunes on an aging squad like they’ve never known. And they’re certainly not better off. 

My prediction is that Joey will go the way of Le Tiss and Lambert and hit a downward spiral. I can only hope. He certainly deserves it. In many ways I despise Joey more than I do Bristol Rovers. He’s a horrible chap with horrible values - they’re just an unpleasant (and hilarious) football club. 

Bristol Rovers & Joey Barton 2021-2023. A match made in heaven. 

Dr Seuss once said, “Don’t be sad that it’s over. Smile that it happened.”

Absolutely spot on , just hope they employ another easily disliked piece of shite ( saying that I don’t think they could match our joey ) 

one thing that did surprise me with him was that he was never involved in any altercations / incidents with any city fans in and around the city centre ( don’t know if he actually stayed down here or went out in Bristol much ) just think he is the sort of character who would react badly to some jesting on a night out .

17 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

As mentioned, he has stated publicly that he respects us and has lsaid that we are one of the clubs he would have like to have managed.

Also says how good the atmosphere is at Ashton gate and how passionate we are and coming to the gate can be quite hostile , ( so there atmosphere bashers ) 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

He joined them on 22nd Feb when they sat 19th in League 1.

He leaves them in 16th in league 1 (2 points above 19th place).

They are in such a better place than when he took over - Joey says so.

With half the squad over 50 the other half loan signings 

• Like 1