IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 minutes ago, Flamin Groovy said:

Seven stars maybe can’t remember! Always a meeting point for a trip to Eastville. The Gin palace also.

The Seven Ways,two words not one,just checked,it’s now flats.

• Like 1

There were loads of forgeries and several sources for them. We had tickets for the Open end and forgeries for the South Enclosure , might still have it somewhere. Chatting to someone in the Ground and they said the Police were searching lads on the way in and people were dumping books of them outside. 

• Robin 1

2 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

The headline:-

'We believe we can get to the Premier League'

The detail:-

".......We are not looking for too many changes maybe only a few minor changes."

Anyone see a problem there....?

I don't see it as much more deluded than when our lot say it. But I agree it's much more obvious that it's a deluded comment if you've got no skin in Bristol 'pro' football.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I don't see it as much more deluded than when our lot say it. But I agree it's much more obvious that it's a deluded comment if you've got no skin in Bristol 'pro' football.

I mean we're currently closer to the premier league points wise than they are to the championship.

So clearly them saying it is on another level of delusion to anyone from City mentioning it

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

"How many of us would prefer to be in Bristol Sports 1982 Ltd position, all under 1 company no history and an owner who's more interested in the Rugby, I don't mean the league because of course we like to be in the Championship but the rest of it, I know I wouldn't"

How's that for backtracking 🤣 the thick ####er

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Lrrr said:

That's up there with LJ's Europe in 5 years

Which, to be fair, was a comment made at one of those BBC Radio Bristol Forum sessions when asked by GT, 'where do you see yourselves in 3 years time...' type questions, DC said 'Championship' and LJ said something along the lines, 'Well, if we are being that ambitious, Europe'.

• Like 5

Thing is, when an owner says 'we are aiming for the PL' that might impress the fans but the effect on the players might not be so helpful. They will mostly all think 'well that doesn't include me then, might as well plan to be elsewhere.'

Much simpler to think shorter term. The next game is all I would want the players to think about. Keep the other stuff to meetings behind closed doors.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

"How many of us would prefer to be in Bristol Sports 1982 Ltd position, all under 1 company no history and an owner who's more interested in the Rugby, I don't mean the league because of course we like to be in the Championship but the rest of it, I know I wouldn't"

How's that for backtracking 🤣 the thick ####er

I prefer our history of over 120+ years of uninterrupted league football, playing in our spiritual home having never left Bristol over their pathetic crowds, 9 years in the Football League playing in someone else’s ground surrounded by someone else’s history. 🤣

• Like 4
  • Flames 4
  • Robin 4

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I prefer our history of over 120+ years of uninterrupted league football, playing in our spiritual home having never left Bristol over their pathetic crowds, 9 years in the Football League playing in someone else’s ground surrounded by someone else’s history. 🤣

What is their 'history' then, apart from dropping out of the league and historically perennially being in our shadow?

Please enlighten me.

22 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

What is their 'history' then, apart from dropping out of the league and historically perennially being in our shadow?

Please enlighten me.

They’re the famous quarters, mate.

Everyone in the country’s second favourite team with far more fans than their own ground can hold & an away following that no one else can match.

Apparently.

• Haha 8

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Everyone in the country’s second favourite team with far more fans than their own ground can hold & an away following that no one else can match.

Apparently.

Most famously Adolf Hitlers favourite team as his actions in 1939 meant they didnt need to apply for re-election to the foorball league after finishing bottom of the regional basement..

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

35 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Please enlighten me.

1883: Founded 

1939: Hitler saved them from the ignominy of having to apply for re election for finishing bottom of the entire Football League.

1974: Won the Watney Cup

1989: Won the Third Division

2014: Relegated out of the football league

There, that's their history. It could all be put on a postage stamp. A complete and total waste of time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • Flames 1

15 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Thing is, when an owner says 'we are aiming for the PL' that might impress the fans but the effect on the players might not be so helpful. They will mostly all think 'well that doesn't include me then, might as well plan to be elsewhere.'

Much simpler to think shorter term. The next game is all I would want the players to think about. Keep the other stuff to meetings behind closed doors.

He’s already said 50 % of players will go and the other 50% will either die of natural causes or leave to become traffic wardens 

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Please enlighten me.

Apparently.

3 hours ago, Swede said:

1939: Hitler saved them from the ignominy of having to apply for re election for finishing bottom of the entire Football League.

There, that's their history. It could all be put on a postage stamp. A complete and total waste of time.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Apparently.

Absolutely **** all then! Thought as much.

OTIB

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Or they could think we’re a just above mid table third division team who play in one of the worst grounds in the league.

Someone who is seriously suggesting that the Premier League is a realistic objective has forgotten to take their medication.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, bert tann said:

On the Rovers fans forum there is talk of demolishing surrounding streets to make room for redevelopment of the Mem.

I hope they remember to let our neighbours know before sending in the wrecking balls.

and get planning

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Swede said:

1920    joined the football league 

22 hours ago, bert tann said:

On the Rovers fans forum there is talk of demolishing surrounding streets to make room for redevelopment of the Mem.

I hope they remember to let our neighbours know before sending in the wrecking balls.

Presumably your educated chums are fully conversant with the valuation principles associated with  compensation following a CPO?

Thought not Bert 😁

23 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Bet hes gutted he didnt buy Bristol City now since he harbours such ambitions, getting to the Prem is a piece of piss  and the BS package appears to be available.

Would have been loose change to him and he could have his kids run the rugby and basketball in their school holidays.

Edited by Natchfever
Typo

6 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Please enlighten me.

In 1899 they changed their name from the Black Arabs & became Bristol Rovers.

(Thats 2 years AFTER we were renamed as Bristol City)

• Like 3