IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

This Norwich game is taking on the same level as importance ( comedy wise for me ) as the Wycombe game at the Mem ( with so called many city fans in the away end , there might of been one or two mind ) and the famous Colin Daniel send the gas down game , I might have a little beedy eye on that Norwich game just for medicinal purposes 😂😂😂

Edited by redkev
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Does anyone think that this hypothetical game at Anfield would really attract 61k?

Rovers fans can fantasise about the potential income but I suggest there would be some empty seats.

yes expect so.

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Add it to the list...

As far as I can glean from reading the thread on asschat it seems that they reserved the seats but put the terrace on general sale without first limiting the number of general sale tickets at the terrace capacity less the number of season ticket holders. Tinpot.

26 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Add it to the list...

From my Rover's ST colleague at work.

None of his lot have got tickets and they've been STs since the Tote End days:-

"It’s a cockup by the club!
Apparently, only season ticket seats were reserved and ‘someone’ hit the wrong button allowing general sale.
This was after us season ticket holders were told we had until 7pm tomorrow to purchase our ‘reserved’ tickets.
No I haven’t got a ticket 🤬"

Couldn't make this stuff up.....

• Haha 8

Yep all the gas heads at work are absolutely fuming, none of them could get tickets for Norwich even though they are all season ticket holders. 

Apparently it's carnage down the ticket office at the mem today, staff members in tears from what I've been told. Such a Rovers thing to do.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Packman said:

Yep all the gas heads at work are absolutely fuming, none of them could get tickets for Norwich even though they are all season ticket holders. 

Apparently it's carnage down the ticket office at the mem today, staff members in tears from what I've been told. Such a Rovers thing to do.

What would make it even funnier is, should they scab their way through, they announce that only those who had a ticket for the replay are eligible for a Liverpool one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14

50 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Apparently, only season ticket seats were reserved and ‘someone’ hit the wrong button allowing general sale.
This was after us season ticket holders were told we had until 7pm tomorrow to purchase our ‘reserved’ tickets.

Wonder if the person “who hit the wrong button”, was the same one who didn’t get the fax across in time for the JCH deal ? 😂

• Haha 5

58 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Not like them at all to look like a shambolic bunch of amateurs, is it?

Planning permission, anyone?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Not like them at all to look like a shambolic bunch of amateurs, is it?

Planning permission, anyone?

I've asked him whether they are going to open up the South Stand to supporters (they haven't said).

I'm guessing they're still waiting for trial events to take place for the stand that was due to be open in August 2023.

Edited by NcnsBcfc

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Whenever you think things like ticketing are a bit of a shambles at City they just have to outdo us!

• Haha 1

• Admin
Just now, NcnsBcfc said:

I've asked him whether they are going to open up the South Stand to supporters (they haven't said).

I'm guessing they're still waiting for trial events to take place for the stand that was due to be open in August 2023.

Oddly that seems to have stood still, Surely it would have been scheduled as a real priority to get it open

1 minute ago, mattjb said:

Whenever you think things like ticketing are a bit of a shambles at City they just have to outdo us!

Yep, they win....

They are better than us at completely cocking up new stands and ticketing...

I concede complete defeat on this point.

3 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Yep, think they had to sack Barton first- he didn’t like the use of the word “trial” started him off on one of his social media rants.

Anyway do you know anyone who wants a ticket?

I have 10 to sell that I bought yesterday, £20, unless you’re a Rovers fan when they’re £50.

• Like 3

Christ they are even speculating on how much they will make from the 3 games. Away and home to Norwich, plus Liverpool away inc TV rights=£1m in the bank apparently. The Liverpool game is being compared to the same numbers they would make from a L1 play off final.

Absolutley deluded and utterly desperate for this to happen.

I bet Maidstone aren't getting that carried away and they are actually in the 4th round with a nice away trip waiting for them.

Apparently you had problems with West Ham tickets? Clearly not on this scale. Since Rovers have switched to Ticketmaster, there have been numerous cock ups, people not receiving tickets in time for a game is commonplace, it barely even gets anyone angry anymore. As it stands, it looks like I , a long term season ticket holder, will miss out on the Norwich game. I get this is a piss take thread and I understand that a few of you are having a chuckle over it, but it does seem that - although not yet confirmed- that it is yet another Ticketmaster cock up and I think all football fans should be wary about this. There are some good people at Rovers in the ticket office as I'm sure there are at City and many other clubs around the country, people  who actually care about the fans, usually because they are fans themselves.

Football fans need to stick together on some issues and stand up to glorified touts like Ticketmaster.

• Like 17

5 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Apparently you had problems with West Ham tickets? Clearly not on this scale. Since Rovers have switched to Ticketmaster, there have been numerous cock ups, people not receiving tickets in time for a game is commonplace, it barely even gets anyone angry anymore. As it stands, it looks like I , a long term season ticket holder, will miss out on the Norwich game. I get this is a piss take thread and I understand that a few of you are having a chuckle over it, but it does seem that - although not yet confirmed- that it is yet another Ticketmaster cock up and I think all football fans should be wary about this. There are some good people at Rovers in the ticket office as I'm sure there are at City and many other clubs around the country, people  who actually care about the fans, usually because they are fans themselves.

Football fans need to stick together on some issues and stand up to glorified touts like Ticketmaster.

Sorry you won't get to the game, the bit I don't get is that the ticket selling policy decision to outsource was Rovers' decision, yes? Why not have an in house system? It is in Rovers power to change that if it isn't working?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Sorry you won't get to the game, the bit I don't get is that the ticket selling policy decision to outsource was Rovers' decision, yes? Why not have an in house system? It is in Rovers power to change that if it isn't working?

Given their track record you think that an in house system would be better?!

27 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

We didn't have a 'problem' per se Miah, it was just that we have more SC holders than tickets available so some SC holders didn't get a ticket and had a bit of a whinge. AFAIK, it never even got past SC holders, let alone members and general sale.

There were some concerns re distribution as well, kind of goes with an electronic ticketing system I guess.

I'm sorry you didn't get a ticket for the replay.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Gasbuster said:

Wonder if the person “who hit the wrong button”, was the same one who didn’t get the fax across in time for the JCH deal ? 😂

Could be a gurt Ted undercover😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

This is where your SLO needs to be front and centre.