IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Just now, RedLionLad said:

Imagine being prowed of that 😂

Check out some of these "plans" on Gas Chat. Absolute pie in the sky stuff...

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/21620/redevelopment-memorial-stadium?page=21

They can't even build a prefab that is identical to the one that Rochdale did in the summer (after getting planning permission of course).

20240111_092805.thumb.jpg.689ef29bd0bbd4441a80d0dac3f3c719.jpg

9 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

They can't even build a prefab that is identical to the one that Rochdale did in the summer (after getting planning permission of course).

Can you remember their plan to build a stadium off of Hicks Gate Roundabout?

7 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

A past comment on that thread:-

......if, as seems more likely, it's just some cheap stands with pillars plonked either side of the crappy old East Stand then it will be seriously underwhelming.

As it stands today (excuse pun), has anyone seen any evidence that their new owners have the £$€ to rebuild the ground or improve the squad?

They have done well to get rid of JB and appoint a decent replacement but that is about it so far.

20 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Looking back that 2008 plan was actually quite smart. Would cost a fortune in today's money though and we all know they like getting things done on the cheap, or for free.

Even the current conmen sorry, owners are talking about financing through loans, what do their fans think will be the collateral for these loans? 

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Even the current conmen sorry, owners are talking about financing through loans, what do their fans think will be the collateral for these loans? 

Surely this highly desirable slice of real estate would be sufficient security for a £10m revolving credit facility from any reputable bank.

image.png.b9e8a06002c3872e4f32f462b4938315.png

• Haha 3
  • Robin 1

3 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

In other ridiculous Rover's stadium news. Rather than knocking down the dilapidated East Stand. They plan to build stands on either side of it (???).

Then eventually take down all three and build a new larger stand in place of these three stands.

The mind boggles, it really does. Just when you think they couldn't cock things up more.

Always appeared the case if you listened to what their new owner said about the “development”.

Said at the same time that the Thatchers end would be “safe standing” it is already standing, so genuinely no idea what that “improvement” will be there.
Like the Meccano stand it is very close to housing, so their only real possibility of significant change was to demolish the East Stand and replicate a mini Lansdown stand but they clearly can’t afford to do that.

2 hours ago, nebristolred said:

Looking back that 2008 plan was actually quite smart. Would cost a fortune in today's money though and we all know they like getting things done on the cheap, or for free.

Is that the one with not enough parking for the first team squad and those cars that can fit would be stuck there until other cars leave??

11 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Craig David and Ne-Yo among first acts confirmed for Ashton Gate show

Craig-David-presents-TS5-photo-Craig-David-1600x900.jpg

... meanwhile ...

Boy with Yo-Yo among first acts confirmed for Memorial Stadium show

little-boy-playing-yo-yo.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=La09AoaYEvoUoKIYjeFlRzABjOT5pw8PnIXwhPDZmFI=

To be fair, I'd rather watch the latter...This is the only Craig David I'd watch.

2083.webp.1a36b05849062df1f9766235b56e3598.webp

Keeping it real. In the discussion about lack of capacity for the Norwich replay on asschat;

I guess there will never be enough allocation of tickets while residing at the Mem! The largest capacity we could ever hope for would be around 24000.

• Haha 11
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Keeping it real. In the discussion about lack of capacity for the Norwich replay on asschat;

I guess there will never be enough allocation of tickets while residing at the Mem! The largest capacity we could ever hope for would be around 24000.

Of course, they meant 24,001

How about this beaut from Socrates (lovely little thinker, great footballer);

"I can see there either being only about 6000 in the ground or it’ll be totally packed with thousands with tickets locked out after the balls up by the club / ticketmaster."

Back to the thousands locked out bullshite :laughcont:
Edited by bcfc01
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, myol'man said:

Some Premier League sides dont have that.

They really are ******* massive arent they 😁

2 hours ago, myol'man said:

When would they ever need that ffs?

It won't be anywhere near 24k, more like 16 I would guess.

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Always appeared the case if you listened to what their new owner said about the “development”.

Said at the same time that the Thatchers end would be “safe standing” it is already standing, so genuinely no idea what that “improvement” will be there.

You have to assume he means an upgrade from the present unsafe standing.

Which, judging by the state of some of these pictures, is a fair assessment. 

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Did you and your club stick with the rugby fans when you effectively stole their ground off of them during a time when they were struggling financially? Did you bugger! You all rubbed your greedy grubby hands together at getting a ground on the cheap without a thought for the rugby fans. Even made the rugby chairman a life long president didn't you? Your fans celebrated with much joy about the rugby club falling into financial trouble which meant you could con them out of their own ground. This is of course after they allowed you to return to Bristol. 

You essentially stole that ground. Your club then tried to claim the ground isn't a war memorial (it is) and you tried to sell it off and have that war memorial demolished to be a Sainsburys. Your fans didn't give a crap about that either. Didn't stand with the locals who didn't want a Sainsburys there either. 

Your club also tried to steal our stadium in 82. You also prevented the council from helping us out. 

So as someone who follows the rugby club too, you'll never ever see me standing with your fans over any issues. In fact you'll find me lying on the floor pissing myself, just like I did when you got relegated to Non league by a team who had nothing to play for and who were wearing your own kit. 

Oh and what did Hollowhead once say on that open top bus that all your fans cheered? "The only good City fan is a dead City fan" wasn't it? 

You seem one of the 'decent' ones but I am absolutely flabbergasted that you are asking for our support over your clubs cock up. 

I'm pleased to hear that you've got a ticket for your cup final to watch a team that have already visited Ashton Gate twice this season and who we have played quite regularly over the years. 

post of the week

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Did you and your club stick with the rugby fans when you effectively stole their ground off of them during a time when they were struggling financially? Did you bugger! You all rubbed your greedy grubby hands together at getting a ground on the cheap without a thought for the rugby fans. Even made the rugby chairman a life long president didn't you? Your fans celebrated with much joy about the rugby club falling into financial trouble which meant you could con them out of their own ground. This is of course after they allowed you to return to Bristol. 

You essentially stole that ground. Your club then tried to claim the ground isn't a war memorial (it is) and you tried to sell it off and have that war memorial demolished to be a Sainsburys. Your fans didn't give a crap about that either. Didn't stand with the locals who didn't want a Sainsburys there either. 

Your club also tried to steal our stadium in 82. You also prevented the council from helping us out. 

So as someone who follows the rugby club too, you'll never ever see me standing with your fans over any issues. In fact you'll find me lying on the floor pissing myself, just like I did when you got relegated to Non league by a team who had nothing to play for and who were wearing your own kit. 

Oh and what did Hollowhead once say on that open top bus that all your fans cheered? "The only good City fan is a dead City fan" wasn't it? 

You seem one of the 'decent' ones but I am absolutely flabbergasted that you are asking for our support over your clubs cock up. 

I'm pleased to hear that you've got a ticket for your cup final to watch a team that have already visited Ashton Gate twice this season and who we have played quite regularly over the years. 

Thats a tad mean-spirited

love it 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think Miah is ine of the good guys but you are spot on mate.

Arthur ******* Payne.

• Like 1

On 11/01/2024 at 09:28, NcnsBcfc said:

Anyone know why that area top left has to be left open like that?

1 minute ago, Bob Taylor is GOD said:

Anyone know why that area top left has to be left open like that?

I have asked on here before but no answers. Was it where the 'big' screen was, well the TV bought off the Lansdown's?

Maybe it will be fitted back into there? Or perhaps there is a big rubbish bin to lob out of date food packaging into.

Or maybe they just ran out of seats.

• Haha 1