IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Looks like gash might finally sell all their 8000 replay tickets as I seen a post saying “final tickets go on general sell as of midday today “ not bad only took em a week to sell 8000 home tickets pushed on by free pasty with every ticket 

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

Looks like gash might finally sell all their 8000 replay tickets as I seen a post saying “final tickets go on general sell as of midday today “ not bad only took em a week to sell 8000 home tickets pushed on by free pasty with every ticket 

To be fair sales were taken off sale for the majority of this week

57 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

Hang on, a free pasty? I might be tempted. Can I get the pasty and leave or do I have to watch the football too?

• Haha 8
  • Flames 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Bob Taylor is GOD said:

Anyone know why that area top left has to be left open like that?

It’s where they were planning on putting a big screen but last I’d heard, they’d changed their minds and were now filling it in and putting seats there.

Not sure if it’s been done or not though

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

It’s where they were planning on putting a big screen but last I’d heard, they’d changed their minds and were now filling it in and putting seats there.

To fit in the portacabin toilets and pasty shack?

3 hours ago, Topper 123 said:

Looks like gash might finally sell all their 8000 replay tickets as I seen a post saying “final tickets go on general sell as of midday today “ not bad only took em a week to sell 8000 home tickets pushed on by a free out-of-date pasty with every ticket 

Corrected the above to ensure accuracy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Can they just throw seats into areas now ? 
I know they ignore planning and I'm not sure if they have done any test events for the new Super Stand, but surely they must have to look like they follow H&S rules.

29 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Can they just throw seats into areas now ? 
I know they ignore planning and I'm not sure if they have done any test events for the new Super Stand, but surely they must have to look like they follow H&S rules.

I have done a quick search for health & safety regarding patio chairs.

Briefly, don't stand on them as the plastic legs may buckle and remember to tie them down during windy weather.

Hope this helps avoid any unnecessary accidents.

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I have done a quick search for health & safety regarding patio chairs.

Briefly, don't stand on them as the plastic legs may buckle and remember to tie them down during windy weather.

Hope this helps avoid any unnecessary accidents.

I thought the white plastic chairs were reserved for their disabled supporters

*which I find rather disgraceful

38 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Every 5 minutes singing their anthem    " Come on Eileen"

That was classic football presenting 😁

Forget the fact it could be the Gas

WHY would a TV company think a top prem side playing a lower league side at home would have any national interest 

If the lower league side were at home then may be

On 09/01/2024 at 15:52, Miah Dennehy said:

I guess there is some sort of contract, I would hope that Rovers would get out of it ASAP, although I won't be holding my breath.

If there's been a cock up by Ticketmaster, the obvious solution would be to sue Wycombe Wanderers surely?

• Like 1
  • Haha 12
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, cider hoss rules said:

It might be to let the smoke out from the disposable barbecues in the 'concourse' catering outlets.

The narrow width of the concourse ( aka the Quidi Strip ) is giving Alf some major headaches.

Apparently there are safety concerns about it being the only entry and exit point for 3000 spectators.

Strange because in my experience it’s usually the length which gives rise to complaints.

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Topper 123 said:

“Final tickets on sale”, bu99er me they haven’t got past the third round yet!

• Haha 5

35 minutes ago, bert tann said:

The narrow width of the concourse ( aka the Quidi Strip ) is giving Alf some major headaches.

Apparently there are safety concerns about it being the only entry and exit point for 3000 spectators.

Strange because in my experience it’s usually the length which gives rise to complaints.

Short and thick does the trick according to a ditty I used to sing Bert 😁

10 hours ago, phantom said:
12 hours ago, Bob Taylor is GOD said:

Anyone know why that area top left has to be left open like that?

It's been left open for the new chairman to set up one his kebab vans.

Edited by myol'man
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Natchfever said:

Arthur ******* Payne.

Arthur Holmes, mate.

Absolutely dodgy as **** what went on then, though to be clear it only enabled them to steal the remaining 50% of the ground.

They had recently entered into a partnership with Bristol rugby & had bought 50%, which very soon became all of it for just a further £10k.

Scandalous, but from a club that tried to buy Ashton Gate from the creditors in ‘82 not exactly a surprise.

Parasites.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Arthur Holmes, mate.

Absolutely dodgy as **** what went on then, though to be clear it only enabled them to steal the remaining 50% of the ground.

They had recently entered into a partnership with Bristol rugby & had bought 50%, which very soon became all of it for just a further £10k.

Scandalous, but from a club that tried to buy Ashton Gate from the creditors in ‘82 not exactly a surprise.

Parasites.

Yeah sorry Graham Holmes was the name of the shithouse.

Bristol rugby nearly went out of existence due to the cuckoos.

• Robin 1

18 minutes ago, myol'man said:

you might have been thinking of Joe Payne! Now that's a different story 

We should really have a soft spot for him and Luton. The bloke went one better on his own, than Spurs did in 77/78.

Legend 

Screenshot2024-01-13at09_51_58.png.13771bca5559b0d60ffdc9b9caf027f8.png

• Like 1