IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

Anyone know their attendance for today’s game?

I need something to laugh at 😎

I can't see any attendance figures on their site for any games.

But it wouldn't surprise me if it was sub 8k.

2 minutes ago, bert tann said:

The attendance figure is subject to a NDA

I know that Rovers are a bit toxic but I didn’t realise that the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority was involved 

• Haha 1

Mate of mine is a Pool fan, he went down to the swamp today.

I specifically asked what their shiny new stand was like, his answer “half empty”

Said he was glad it wasn’t raining and that he managed to avoid using their facilities during his stay.

Still reckons it’s the worst ground in the FL by miles.

Edited by cider hoss rules

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

Surely a team who less than one month ago were pushing for promotion shouldn't be needing penalties to win a home game? or maybe its just the case that this "journalist" is following the typical gashead approach of celebrating too early.

Pretty soon his tweet from 23 Dec will take its place alongside the unwashed chanting "we got our stadium" at Ashton gate, and celebrating staying up at Wycombe the week before getting relegated

Edited by cityal

14 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Where did you find that? I can't see it anywhere online.

7 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

So, less, what, 500 Seasiders means sub 10k.

#itswhattheydo

Credit where it's due though, the first league attendance over 10,000 in how long? And you know that the away support only come to see the Gas, so they count as well. 

Oh the irony of their gates finally increasing as they plummet down the table. :)

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, weepywall said:

My mistake..that was the crowd at Blackpool in December...sorry 🤦‍♂️

I suppose we could start a sweep on how many fewer the fewer’s attendance was than that, and why?

I’m going for 2576 below - traffic congestion at IKEA disrupted bus service

Edited by adamski

5 minutes ago, adamski said:

I suppose we could start a sweep on how many fewer the fewer’s attendance was than that, I’m going for 2576 below…

They have a whole thread dedicated to attendances and a competition across the season, which I find bizarre. 

Someone on there claimed the attendance was 8000 including 500 from Blackpool, and asked where everyone was from Wednesday. They were immediately labelled as a 💩 though. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, cityal said:

Surely a team who less than one month ago were pushing for promotion shouldn't be needing penalties to win a home game? or maybe its just the case that this "journalist" is following the typical gashead approach of celebrating too early.

Pretty soon his tweet from 23 Dec will take its place alongside the unwashed chanting "we got our stadium" at Ashton gate, and celebrating staying up at Wycombe the week before getting relegated

Also, they ‘call-out officials’ every week. Barton never lost a game that wasn’t the ref’s fault. 

1 hour ago, weepywall said:

That’s not quite how it works Weepywall. The attendance will of course be claimed as over 10,000 but the correct process with their attendances is to start with the actual much lower attendance and gradually increase it over a number of posts until the fictional figure is arrived at and made into a ‘fact’

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MrBibs said:

That’s not quite how it works Weepywall. The attendance will of course be claimed as over 10,000 but the correct process with their attendances is to start with the actual much lower attendance and gradually increase it over a number of posts until the fictional figure is arrived at and made into a ‘fact’

Which is what happened here. The 10,076 was the attendance for the fixture in Blackpool. The Gas will ‘adopt’ that number because it is much less embarrassing than the truth. Also, there would have been 32,000 there but the balloon festival is only a few months away. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Which is what happened here. The 10,076 was the attendance for the fixture in Blackpool. The Gas will ‘adopt’ that number because it is much less embarrassing than the truth. Also, there would have been 32,000 there but the balloon festival is only a few months away. 

I would be surprised if they had more than 8,000, why should they have any more? They were only touching 7,000 for some games last season and their "feel-good" factor is no longer there 

11 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

I would be surprised if they had more than 8,000, why should they have any more? They were only touching 7,000 for some games last season and their "feel-good" factor is no longer there 

The problem with that is they have spent years trying to pretend they are better supported by the spurious use of "% of the ground filled", that's why they were actually quite excited when the capacity was reduced. This meant that 7500 was about 90/95% of their potential gate, while our 22k was a mere 80% of our capacity. (See references to gas logic antea)

The sudden increase of capacity without the forecast increase in actual supporters will be a disaster for them from this perspective alone. 

One also has to wonder what incentive there is for the owners to invest in other parts of the ground if there is no discernable increase in attendance and income from that expenditure.

12 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Bristol Rovers kit in front of Nazi Flag.

IMG_2307.jpeg

I am surprised it didn't hold up its gas on tour flag. Why on earth would you want your picture of you smiling next to a swastika. Incredibly poor taste.

38 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The problem with that is they have spent years trying to pretend they are better supported by the spurious use of "% of the ground filled", that's why they were actually quite excited when the capacity was reduced. This meant that 7500 was about 90/95% of their potential gate, while our 22k was a mere 80% of our capacity. (See references to gas logic antea)

The sudden increase of capacity without the forecast increase in actual supporters will be a disaster for them from this perspective alone. 

One also has to wonder what incentive there is for the owners to invest in other parts of the ground if there is no discernable increase in attendance and income from that expenditure.

Build and they will come......and they did.....all over their keyboards and phones!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2