IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I suspect this will divide opinion.

For my generation they are largely an irrelevance - just something to take the piss out of and lets face it there is plenty of material. However, i suspect you will  get very short shrift from the generation above me, who lived and breathed 1982 when they tried to strangle us out of existence. 

Nah ****'em

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Bugger me, that's awful, for them.

Hilarious for us tho! 🤣 

Do you what, I can’t stand the b*stards, but if what that bloke is claiming is true, I’m actually feeling a bit of sympathy for then …. I’m sure that’ll pass soon enough though! 😃

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

Quite a few threads on Asschat have now resorted to name calling.

The feral ones are turning against each other.

More knives in the back than Dennis Rofe 🤣

"You're a Shithead"

"No! YOU'RE the Shithead"

No wonder the Meccanocana Stand is half empty....They're all ******* Ted's!

Over there the name calling is ‘you’re a shithead’.

Over here the name calling is ‘you’re Bristol Sport’.

Strange world, eh?!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

For my generation they are largely an irrelevance - just something to take the piss out of and lets face it there is plenty of material. However, i suspect you will  get very short shrift from the generation above me, who lived and breathed 1982 when they tried to strangle us out of existence. 

Time has certainly warped opinions on that. City's demise was all of their own doing. I'm glad to see the Ashton Gate 8 being treated better than they were btw, by both your club and fans.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I know it's not an opinion that will be shared by all and I'm not saying my opinion is the only valid one. 

What I would say is that we, as the bigger Club, have some power to be the magnanimous ones, and to let a bygone be a bygone.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 2

Still exaggerating :facepalm:

So far, I've seen and heard too many things which give me massive concerns and this latest 2 debacles with Martin and Conteh just highlight that someone or the new owners are either out of their depth or just plain don't know what they are doing.

Whatever it is, they need to have some humility about the situation and get a grip of it all very quick because it won't just be this fan vilifying them, they'll have 10k or so doing it and we'll be right in the 💩.

• Haha 7

7 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Do you what, I can’t stand the b*stards, but if what that bloke is claiming is true, I’m actually feeling a bit of sympathy for then …. I’m sure that’ll pass soon enough though! 😃

Lie down in a darkened room BR.

Please don't take my post as having any sympathy for them, **** em!

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Time has certainly warped opinions on that. City's demise was all of their own doing. I'm glad to see the Ashton Gate 8 being treated better than they were btw, by both your club and fans.

The demise was due to long contracts and in house power struggles with the board of directors.

It wasn't the fault of the supporters. Fans didn't want to see the club die, some supporters went too far.

Rovers just wanted to see the club die and did **** all to help.

When it goes tits up with your fraudulent owners let's see how your lot react 😉

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I know it's not an opinion that will be shared by all and I'm not saying my opinion is the only valid one. 

What I would say is that we, as the bigger Club, have some power to be the magnanimous ones, and to let a bygone be a bygone.

Very VERY true :protest:

2 hours ago, Selred said:

Surely Rovers didn't post this job spec: https://www.fish4.co.uk/job/15758607/financial-controller/

Bristol Rovers Football Club (BRFC) dates back to 1883, following a meeting of five young men at a restaurant on Stapleton Road, in the Eastville district of the city. Since then, we’ve won the Gloucestershire Cup 32 times, the Third Division South Cup in 1932, the Watney Cup in 1972 and have been Football League Trophy finalists twice.

The meeting went something along the lines of.......

"Let's start a football club. We need a name that captures our identity and will reflect our moral compass in 150 years time..."

"Hmmm....I know.....Black Arabs FC"

"Great! That'll do. Perfect fit"

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

Quite a few threads on Asschat have now resorted to name calling.

The feral ones are turning against each other.

More knives in the back than Dennis Rofe 🤣

"You're a Shithead"

"No! YOU'RE the Shithead"

No wonder the Meccanocana Stand is half empty....They're all ******* Ted's!

This is AssChat you're quoting here.....

....so I'm sure you meant to type  

"your a shithead"

"no your the shithead"

Let's not start giving them credit for grammatical capabilities that they don't have...they'll start thinking they no longer have to share the braincell!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Gol said:

The demise was all our own doing but its not like your club did not try and take advantage of it which will never be forgotten

Edited for accuracy Gol. They stuck the knife in and tried to kill us.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 2

57 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

The demise was due to long contracts and in house power struggles with the board of directors.

It wasn't the fault of the supporters. Fans didn't want to see the club die, some supporters went too far.

Rovers just wanted to see the club die and did **** all to help.

When it goes tits up with your fraudulent owners let's see how your lot react 😉

Some of whom no  doubt, still watch City and applaud the buy into the reinvented myth of the Ashton Gate 8, conveniently forgetting that they issued death threats to several genuine City legends.

You don't have to be a Rovers fan , a City fan or whatever to be a ****. This thread has been known to push the boundaries of pisstake , lets not forget just how despicably some of your own fans behaved in 1982.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Some of whom no  doubt, still watch City and applaud the buy into the reinvented myth of the Ashton Gate 8, conveniently forgetting that they issued death threats to several genuine City legends.

You don't have to be a Rovers fan , a City fan or whatever to be a ****. This thread has been known to push the boundaries of pisstake , lets not forget just how despicably some of your own fans behaved in 1982.

Ok, we’re aware of all this.

Would Gasheads have been any different under the circumstances? 

11 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Ask Matty Taylor (the 10m footballer, not the poor bugger managing that lot).

He got a few death messages from those pikeys.

Edited by bcfc01
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

They reacted well to the Snake and being relegated out of the football league by Colin Daniel wearing their kit didn't they? There's a good yardstick, plus punching horses, stewards, players in the back of the net etc with a sprinkling of racism.

We know there are idiots supporting every club in the country.

Unfortunately Rovers have more idiots than most. Anyone with half a brain cell would have given up supporting them years ago.

Now it's just stuck in the 70's ToteEnders, their kids / grandkids that have been forced to wear a clown shirt that bother, but no doubt they'll grow up disillusioned by the delusions of their elders and eventually stop bothering altogether.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gert Mare said:

They reacted well to the Snake and being relegated out of the football league by Colin Daniel wearing their kit didn't they? There's a good yardstick, plus punching horses, stewards, players in the back of the net etc with a sprinkling of racism.

Unfortunately Rovers have more idiots than most. Anyone with half a brain cell would have given up supporting them years ago.

Now it's just stuck in the 70's ToteEnders, their kids / grandkids that have been forced to wear a clown shirt that bother, but no doubt they'll grow up disillusioned by the delusions of their elders and eventually stop bothering altogether.

I think thats already happening tbh.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

That’s fine, I already knew the answer.

Well yes and it's pretty much what my post said, it doesn't matter who you support, c****s are c***s. I was pointing out however, that despite all the accusations thrown at Rovers regarding 1982, some of your own fans own behaviour was despicable. So possibly a bit of whatabouterry on my part :)

2 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

Bollocks do they. No one club is any better than another.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Miah I admire fans like you who have stuck with Rovers. 1982 was horrific for City and like you I am glad that we now welcome those players back at the gate.

In regards to Rovers I hate to see bad owners and sadly I think that is what they are. The true fans deserve better.

• Like 4

Well yes and it's pretty much what my post said, it doesn't matter who you support, c****s are c***s. I was pointing out however, that despite all the accusations thrown at Rovers regarding 1982, some of your own fans own behaviour was despicable. So possibly a bit of whatabouterry on my part :)

Bollocks do they. No one club is any better than another.

In fairness you're probably right, judging by the amount of empty seats and ticket price slashing by the club.

I got a bit carried away and was over-exaggerating the amount of supporters that Rovers have actually got these days 🤣

• Haha 2

Well yes and it's pretty much what my post said, it doesn't matter who you support, c****s are c***s. I was pointing out however, that despite all the accusations thrown at Rovers regarding 1982, some of your own fans own behaviour was despicable.

Yes, fair enough, I see the point you were making now.