IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

https://bristolroverskw.com/

Agent Abdul is doing fine work at the Gas. Jobs for his mates. All invoices have to be approved by him. Policy of starting a bid for any new signings at 15% of asking price.

Good man. Keep it up.

1689965672318.thumb.jpg.07636d2d251f6439af2e96f20ea19252.jpg

Haven't done the currency conversion yet, but is it normal to charge academy players?

Screenshot_20240125_082809_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I haven't looked at their forum but I wouldn't be best pleased to read that web site. It does explain where the owners focus has been the last few months.

They aren't very happy. The spelling and design all over the place. Also I'd be concerned that there are no pictures of this academy and no information on the coaches? They do have some good reviews already though at the bottom of the page. The one that says the academy is "top notch" particularly stood out. 

Edited by Rebounder

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Haven't done the currency conversion yet, but is it normal to charge academy players?

Screenshot_20240125_082809_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thats £320 sub+ £70 for a shirt and shorts.

I'm sure I read on here they charge kids in their academy for their kit. No idea if true.

8 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

https://bristolroverskw.com/

Agent Abdul is doing fine work at the Gas. Jobs for his mates. All invoices have to be approved by him. Policy of starting a bid for any new signings at 15% of asking price.

Good man. Keep it up.

1689965672318.thumb.jpg.07636d2d251f6439af2e96f20ea19252.jpg

Maybe hes doing a good job sorting out a mess that the "blue half of Bristol" arent aware of.

At L1, why not open with less than the asking price? Clubs have been doing that for ever.

Hopefully though,  hes just a low rent Jon boy and its all going tits up.

Edited by Natchfever

This is a classic case of companies finding a cheaper rate by going off shore, can’t afford an academy here so let’s take it abroad, then charging them for their services, is madness, any players who come through, would they be classed as homegrown? 

You can just see can’t you …..  

I’ve got a cunning plan Blackadder, we’ll set up an academy in that well known footballing nation Kuwait , snap up all the top local young lads and in 10 years time we’ll overtake they gurt Teds and be giving Man City a run for their money in the prem .

Brilliant Baldrick , I’ll get  Abdul on the case immediately 

• Haha 1

So this Kuwait "academy" charges £320 per month per child plus £70 for basic kit ?

Bargain :noexp:

Maybe they should consider a few words/photos about the facilities and the coaching staff to go some way towards justifying the costs and spend a few quid on developing a professional website. As it is, it comes across as a scam.

Embarrasing, as ever.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

So this Kuwait "academy" charges £320 per month per child plus £70 for basic kit ?

Bargain :noexp:

Maybe they should consider a few words/photos about the facilities and the coaching staff to go some way towards justifying the costs and spend a few quid on developing a professional website. As it is, it comes across as a scam.

Embarrasing, as ever.

There was a big old fuss on Radio Bristol maybe ten years ago when it was revealed that the Rovers' academy was making their trainees buy their own kit. I think their Board was so embarrassed by that revelation that they stopped that happening.

And now it seems not only are they back to doing this again, and this time openly, but are even charging for the training.

Any local parents who had any doubt about which club's academy they want their talented son to join must no longer be in doubt.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

image.thumb.png.f5cec523fc170b42aae56db256fb5605.png

I think you might be disappointed Yousef...

Dunno, for only £1,000 per month your son could sign pro forms for a world famous English club and earn up to £300 per month whilst vicariously rubbing shoulders with other world class footballers signed for English footballing giants.....

Just now, Stortz said:

Buckle in everyone, they're on the brink of yet another of their enhanced gift giving periods haha.

It amazes me, you wrack your brains thinking surely there is nothing new left in the Gas comedy gift giving tank and then they come out with a beauty like this one! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

image.thumb.png.f5cec523fc170b42aae56db256fb5605.png

I think you might be disappointed Yousef...

Fair play to Yousef for giving it a positive review when it hasn’t even opened.

This suggests one of two things;

Yousef is a super optimist or he’s been asked/told to submit this because he’s in some way involved.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Fair play to Yousef for giving it a positive review when it hasn’t even opened.

This suggests one of two things;

Yousef is a super optimist or he’s been asked/told to submit this because he’s in some way involved.

I cant cut and paste off asschat, but their former head of stale crisps is now putting the boot in 😁