IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I see that little thug, the ex-Bristol Rovers manager is at it again;

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/joey-barton-eni-aluko-response-31899999?int_source=nba

Bloke has no filter.

He's building the "character" persona which the media tends to love, think of all the gushing praise for Holloway with his "getting a bird in a taxi" simile.

I expect that the "An evening with Joey Barton" tour is already in the planning.

It's a bit rough on the people into whom he is putting the boot but the press just loves controversy in what is a bland world these days where even saccharine Harry Styles is viewed as "edgy".

46 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

He's building the "character" persona which the media tends to love, think of all the gushing praise for Holloway with his "getting a bird in a taxi" simile.

I expect that the "An evening with Joey Barton" tour is already in the planning.

It's a bit rough on the people into whom he is putting the boot but the press just loves controversy in what is a bland world these days where even saccharine Harry Styles is viewed as "edgy".

A sad little thug looking for relevance.

He'll always be remembered by the media as "former Bristol Rovers Manager Joey Barton".

Which is nice.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

According to Pete O'Rourke only Bolton are in for Collins. Said that despite reports Charlton & Wrexham not interested. Wasn't he valued at over £5m by Barton.....

I have read that Charlton, Wrexham and Bolton are all interested and that both Charlton and Bolton have had bids rejected.

Now, ordinarily when a player is in demand, the price goes up as the selling club generate a bit of a bidding war. Why do I think that the Fewers will be the first club in the world to have a Dutch Auction for their player, where the club say 'right, we want a million... and then keep bringing the price down until someone blinks'. 

6 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

I see that little thug, the ex-Bristol Rovers manager is at it again;

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/joey-barton-eni-aluko-response-31899999?int_source=nba

Bloke has no filter.

Tin hat on here but Aluko “fled” the country owing to her “safety”? Come on. Really?

Slightly OTT.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Tin hat on here but Aluko “fled” the country owing to her “safety”? Come on. Really?

Slightly OTT.

Who knows what her mental state is ?

I'd also take "fled the country" as artistic licence by the media, more likely she went on holiday after being pissed off.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Slightly OTT.

Indeed.

She 'fled' to the Ivory Coast to fulfil a longstanding commitment to provide pundit duties on AFCON.

She is of Nigerian descent.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

After the collapse of the Fruit Market stadium, Rovers have announced exciting new plans for the Dried Fruit Arena.

They're just waiting for the developer to provide some dates for construction.

Yes, this is their currant new stadium plan.

Personally I don't give a fig where they go.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

After the collapse of the Fruit Market stadium, Rovers have announced exciting new plans for the Dried Fruit Arena.

They're just waiting for the developer to provide some dates for construction.

I call bullshit, they will never get planning persimmon 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2