IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, GreedyHarry said:

The latest example of ‘gas logic’ and obscure stats. A dangerous mix.

Apparently according to this ‘club legend’ you can measure good, better best by the biggest lowest attendance. Yes that’s correct. The biggest lowest attendance!
So, whilst referencing a nickname that in their heads means we are a 44 year old club, then goes on to show they are much better than us on ‘biggest lowest attendance’ for large swathes of a time that we apparently didn’t exist. However when we did exist then it would seem that we even beat them on this remarkable stat. I think the last straw may have been clutched.

playtowin
Club Legend
13 hours ago

Just for reference. 
Bcfc1982ltd sports dept. Have only had 1 season that bettered our 1954 best lowest gate.
Our 8078 lowest gate season was also better than 22 of 'their' seasons since 1961.
To be fair i have to admit their lowest gate figures since 2016 have been pretty good.

I’ve read this about ten times and still don’t understand what the **** they are talking about?

Can somebody explain please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

If they’re going to start comparing attendance stats then the ones that really matter is that Rovers have only had a higher average attendance than us once in 56 years and they haven’t averaged over 10k since the mid 70s.

For a club who claim to have such massive, loyal support they certainly seem confused about the location of the ground on match day. 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, GreedyHarry said:

The latest example of ‘gas logic’ and obscure stats. A dangerous mix.

Apparently according to this ‘club legend’ you can measure good, better best by the biggest lowest attendance. Yes that’s correct. The biggest lowest attendance!
So, whilst referencing a nickname that in their heads means we are a 44 year old club, then goes on to show they are much better than us on ‘biggest lowest attendance’ for large swathes of a time that we apparently didn’t exist. However when we did exist then it would seem that we even beat them on this remarkable stat. I think the last straw may have been clutched.

playtowin
Club Legend
13 hours ago

Just for reference. 
Bcfc1982ltd sports dept. Have only had 1 season that bettered our 1954 best lowest gate.
Our 8078 lowest gate season was also better than 22 of 'their' seasons since 1961.
To be fair i have to admit their lowest gate figures since 2016 have been pretty good.

I also have no idea what this means! Are they saying their lowest average attendance ever is 8,078? That is obviously wrong as they averaged only 5k 15 years ago and plenty of occasions 6k since then. I think what he might be saying is that in 1954 their lowest gate that season was 19,638 and our lowest gate each season is often less than that?

https://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/brir.htm

BUT WHERE DID THEY ALL GO??????

They have literally played professional, competitive games in cup competitions in recent history with LESS THAN 1,000 fans there ffs!

42 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I’ve read this about ten times and still don’t understand what the **** they are talking about?

No idea and I often find this with some of those lot especially on their forum.

What I do absolutely love about them though is how they use any information or stats in any form to try and get one over us.

This one for example: Your correct their attendances are always a few thousand down on the attendance they actually give out. But so is ours. Not quite as drastic as there's but ours is also down on the figure given out as it doesn't include no shows, pre bought tickets and season ticket holders.

So with absolutely no proof they have established that City’s true figure is way worse than rovers. 
I do find it funny how they try at every topic around stadium and attendances to find some way to better us. 

• Like 1

As usual, a mix of deluded and sensible on their forum.

One person suggesting they have room for a stadium up to 25k and if they get to the Championship, they could fill it.

Another pointing out they get a third of our attendances these days, the kids around Bristol are all wearing red and where are all these fans expecting to suddenly appear from?

Who to believe?😧

3 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

I think what he might be saying is that in 1954 their lowest gate that season was 19,638 and our lowest gate each season is often less than that?

It's a real stretch to get one over us. 

TBF, they can't rely on highest attendance, highest average attendance or any other sensible stat .
So go for the highest, lowest attendance FFS

Girl Horror GIF by Psyklon

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

WIBBLE!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Its really simple.

That tiny closed forum of theirs and their tin pot little club is full of envious, small minded, cretins.

That explains everything about them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Its really simple.

That tiny closed forum of theirs and their tin pot little club is full of envious, small minded, cretins.

That explains everything about them.

Christ they’re special.  

Can’t manage to beat us on any conventional stats, so try to create this best lowest bollux with cherry-picked dates to try to conjour up something they may possibly be able to twist in their favour.

Sad, pathetic ****wits!!!

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

It's a real stretch to get one over us. 

TBF, they can't rely on highest attendance, highest average attendance or any other sensible stat .
So go for the highest, lowest attendance FFS

Girl Horror GIF by Psyklon

Yes, this will be a new way to gauge support in 2024.

Social Media will be flooded with videos about this. No more will clubs be ranked on average attendances, league positions, honours or stadium capacity…no!

From now on every club will be ranked by their highest lowest attendances but NOT their lowest highest attendances.

Use figures from 7 decades ago because that’ll be relevant.

Maybe use a percentage of something in relation to something else.

#Gasmath

• Flames 1

4 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

So with absolutely no proof they have established that City’s true figure is way worse than rovers. 
I do find it funny how they try at every topic around stadium and attendances to find some way to better us. 

I had some Gas idiot trying to convince me last season that they knew “for a fact” that despite official attendances of 20k+ we rarely had over 11/12k in the ground.

Couldn’t back it up of course, absolute bullshitters. 🤣

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

5 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I can't explain the highest lowest gate theory Peter but 1954 was a very significant year for Anglo Irish relations.

Many unkind historians have claimed our football tour to be the start of "the troubles" but fortunately not everything is black and white as you will see from the photographs below.

Ireland Tour 1954.jpg

• Flames 1

51 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I had some Gas idiot trying to convince me last season that they knew “for a fact” that despite official attendances of 20k+ we rarely had over 11/12k in the ground.

How would he think that if he wasn't there?

This 'build it and they will come' fantasy.

From their forum:-

........there is a lot of gas support out there and not just in Bristol, I’ve seen far more gas shirts in Wiltshire than city ones.

I have lived in Wiltshire for 59 years. I cannot recall ever seeing a Rovers shirt in Wiltshire.

It is mostly Bath rugby shirts, the odd City shirt, the odd Swindon shirt (only in the Swindon area), plus of course the usual PL team shirts in the age groups where winning a trophy makes for playground bragging rights.

6 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

........there is a lot of gas support out there and not just in Bristol, I’ve seen far more gas shirts in Wiltshire than city ones.

I have lived in Wiltshire for 59 years. I cannot recall ever seeing a Rovers shirt in Wiltshire.

It is mostly Bath rugby shirts, the odd City shirt, the odd Swindon shirt (only in the Swindon area), plus of course the usual PL team shirts in the age groups where winning a trophy makes for playground bragging rights.

I can concur with that having lived in Wiltshire for the last 62 years.

13 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Dont see any in bristol let alone wiltshire

• Haha 4
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Counting to 11 or 12 is incredibly easy for them in fairness

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Now there is some gAss logic for you. Does he think we are trying to cheat the Taxman by saying we've sold more tickets than we actually have ????

Flat Earther by any chance ?

1 hour ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

its because he looks at his own dusty shirt hanging in the wardrobe and is too fugly to venture outside and the fear of being mistaken for the elephant man

• Like 1

On 05/02/2024 at 08:54, Open End Numb Legs said:

Does the standard use of 'to be fair' justify such nonsense that nobody else can even understand? No, it does not. They might as well talk about how their players beards are better than ours.

Well, to be fair....

image.png.a5381664a3c4cd16d3071d5067c18a14.png

• Thanks 1