IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Wasnt that their plan for the new stand anyway- to accomodate large away followings. 🤣

Makes me wonder if we played them in a cup competition ( that’s the only way we will play them for the foreseeable future ) how many they would gives us , bottom dollar it wouldn’t be many 

• Flames 1

Their lack of self-awareness would be astounding if we weren’t to accustomed to it, they call us “fickle” when they literally booed their team off the pitch yesterday. What a monumental shower of roasters (Mmmm, roast pasty).

6 hours ago, lenred said:

I was in a pub on the Gloucester Road yesterday with my daughter to watch the Man City match and grab a pint and some food. A couple of screens were showing the West Brom game however and when Weimann came off practically the whole pub erupted with a very loud ‘Sheed head’. My daughter asked me what their weird noise said and when I told her later on she was like ‘what the -  how sad are they’. She thought they were even sadder once I told her about Martin, Hunt and Jamie Mac 😂😂😂 

Andi Weimann was 10 when we last played them in a league game..

Still at least those losers got the opportunity to see a proper footballer before making their way to watch their bunch of jokers.

• Flames 5

10 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Andi Weimann was 10 when we last played them in a league game..

This got me thinking that we must have multiple players who were not born the last time we were in the same division as them?

It's anyone born after 3 April 2001.

So anyone younger than 22 years, 10 months and 10 days.

Looking at transfermarkt this is: Bajic, TGH, Roberts, Bell, Conway, Benarous, and Mebude.

There are others like Idehen, Murphy, Taylor-Clarke, and Knight-Lebel who are on our books but aren't really in "the squad".

Mehmeti and Knight could have watched it, but would have been 3 and 2 months old respectively.

Another few years and we'll be quite capable of fielding an entire starting XI who have never witnessed a Bristol derby in the league.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

This got me thinking that we must have multiple players who were not born the last time we were in the same division as them?

It's anyone born after 3 April 2001.

So anyone younger than 22 years, 10 months and 10 days.

Looking at transfermarkt this is: Bajic, TGH, Roberts, Bell, Conway, Benarous, and Mebude.

There are others like Idehen, Murphy, Taylor-Clarke, and Knight-Lebel who are on our books but aren't really in "the squad".

Mehmeti and Knight could have watched it, but would have been 3 and 2 months old respectively.

Another few years and we'll be quite capable of fielding an entire starting XI who have never witnessed a Bristol derby in the league.

Yet they’ve got pasties which are older than Matty James. 

• Haha 10
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Only Plymouth anywhere near us at the moment, followed by Exeter and maybe Swindon if the boundary stretches that far 

The comments from supporters of Chelsea, Celtic, Portsmouth, Ipswich, Swansea, Plymouth(:laughcont:) and Swindon(:noexp:) to that thread make it clear that there is much disagreement from all around the country!

15 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Only Plymouth anywhere near us at the moment, followed by Exeter and maybe Swindon if the boundary stretches that far 

Plymouth are the only other club in the South West of any significance.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Plymouth are the only other club in the South West of any significance.

I seldom see it mentioned but I feel a fair bit of rivalry with the Greens; they dislike both Bristol clubs a fair bit and it could be quite an Away day on Easter Monday.

Agree with @The Gasbuster re Blackburn. I’d say Preston are arguably a bigger club with a more prestigious history. Where would another BRFC be if it wasn’t for Jack Walker’s money 30 years ago? Their crowds are absolutely abysmal.

East Midlands should be a category of its own really and Forest and Leicester can duke it out. And “South” is also missing (London and South Coast omits a pretty large chunk of the country) although arguably Southampton are still the biggest southern team outside London.

And what about Cumbria? :D

BTW, whether we admit it or not, Swindon does qualify as Westcountry.

41 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

I seldom see it mentioned but I feel a fair bit of rivalry with the Greens; they dislike both Bristol clubs a fair bit and it could be quite an Away day on Easter Monday.

Agree with @The Gasbuster re Blackburn. I’d say Preston are arguably a bigger club with a more prestigious history. Where would another BRFC be if it wasn’t for Jack Walker’s money 30 years ago? Their crowds are absolutely abysmal.

There’s a huge difference between rivalry & respect.

Argyle have an excellent away following, have transformed their ground to one fit to host Championship games & get decent crowds.

I know they don’t like us, but can see how they are really the only other serious SW club.

Couldn’t agree more about Blackburn, in truth most Championship clubs in that area are amongst the smaller ones, Manchester & Liverpool are both dominant in that part of the world.