IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

From Ass-shat.

A thread titled 728 shitheads.

Apparently we are a shit club, woeful year on year and never travel.

Erm.... pot....kettle....black.

image.thumb.png.d7390dec697ea463ef76a3c5649a83b2.png

If you read the replies you will see that the majority of people slate the original post, as it's accepted that City have the larger numbers (there are always a few who bury their heads in the sand regarding this).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Southport Red said:

The “woeful year on year” jibe is closer to the truth than I’d like ?

We have now been in the Championship since 2015/16, that will be 8 straight years next season.

Trust me, playing sides with parachute payments is a tough gig, personally if I supported a team that hadn’t been at that level for nearly 30 years now I would keep my mouth shut.

• Like 1
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

4 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

From Ass-shat.

A thread titled 728 shitheads.

Apparently we are a shit club, woeful year on year and never travel.

Erm.... pot....kettle....black.

image.thumb.png.d7390dec697ea463ef76a3c5649a83b2.png

Can always tell a prize throbber when they finish their posts with “Next…”

Massive game for them yesterday at the Pisspoorial Mound on a Bank Holiday and they couldn’t even pull in five figures. Neat attempt at deflection by the Scum.

Edited by WessexPest
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 77 punk said:

1993 does anybody seriously think they will get back there again ?

Does anyone remember a certain game around Easter that year when their relegation was effectively sealed? Hint: Ian Alexander received his customary red card. ;)

10 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Does anyone remember a certain game around Easter that year when their relegation was effectively sealed? Hint: Ian Alexander received his customary red card. ;)

Goodbye Irene Goodbye Irene the gas are going down, sung from all 3 of our stands in complete unison.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 77 punk said:

a club with no real money for transfer fees and wages,i can not see them getting out of league one.

Just looking at League 1 and they`d be up against Burton, Bolton, Charlton, Ipswich, Derby, Barnsley, Posh and all but three of Pompey, Owls, Plymouth, Sunderland, MKD, Rotherham, Wigan, Wycombe and Oxford. 

Good luck with even getting in the top half.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Just looking at League 1 and they`d be up against Burton, Bolton, Charlton, Ipswich, Derby, Barnsley, Posh and all but three of Pompey, Owls, Plymouth, Sunderland, MKD, Rotherham, Wigan, Wycombe and Oxford. 

Good luck with even getting in the top half.

C’mon. I think that everyone knows that they’re already bigger than all of those teams. :noexp:

• Haha 1

They harp on about their great support but they are behind Bradford and Swindon for home crowds and last week when they took 1100 to Tranmere for a promotion clash they had the 4th best away support in that league that day behind Newport, Mansfield and Oldham, at the end of the day if you look at the South West/ West Country they are behind us, Plymouth and Swindon in every way.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, weepywall said:

They harp on about their great support but they are behind Bradford and Swindon for home crowds and last week when they took 1100 to Tranmere for a promotion clash they had the 4th best away support in that league that day behind Newport, Mansfield and Oldham, at the end of the day if you look at the South West/ West Country they are behind us, Plymouth and Swindon in every way.

And behind non league Wrexham for home support on Friday

• Like 1

On 16/04/2022 at 20:26, Alan Dicks said:

Goodbye Irene Goodbye Irene the gas are going down, sung from all 3 of our stands in complete unison.

.... I’m sure ‘Goodbye’ was in fact ‘F@ck off’ ... but it was spectacularly loud, I can remember local tv commenting during the highlights “and the roverzzz fans continue to chant their anthem” when the coverage picked up on our disparaging version, pathetic  - as their hero Darrell would say: “Happy days” ... ????

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, weepywall said:

... at the end of the day if you look at the South West/ West Country they are behind us, Plymouth and Swindon in every way.

... and Yeovil Town and Forest Green Rovers both have much better stadiums than da roverzzzz - whilst FGR are also way ahead of da famous quarterz on the pitch too ... those poor souls who occasionally frequent the Mem, when it isn’t raining, just can’t grasp their true status in the West Country footballing hierarchy ... but never forget, they are “bigger than Norwich City” and their away support is “on a par with Liverpool, West Ham, Wolves and Sunderland” - they do make me chuckle ... ???

• Haha 6

On 16/04/2022 at 19:16, WessexPest said:

Can always tell a prize throbber when they finish their posts with “Next…”

Massive game for them yesterday at the Pisspoorial Mound on a Bank Holiday and they couldn’t even pull in five figures. Neat attempt at deflection by the Scum.

Even with their accounting they couldn't declare five figures as their capacity is capped at less than 10000

1 hour ago, E.G.Red said:

Even with their accounting they couldn't declare five figures as their capacity is capped at less than 10000

Did the guy ropes snap on a couple of their tents?

Reduce capacity and crow about a sellout. And still there’s the uncomfortable fact an awful lot of their attendances started with a 6 or 7 this season. ?