IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

17 minutes ago, In the Net said:

The players are not likely to be in the loop re. what the current situation is, as they are/have been on holiday/stag dos at the moment.

Having said that, I'll believe it when I'm sat in my seat at UWE.

The question may have been asked during contract negotiations and there have been plenty of those to be had. We fans all believe that stadia are just one of the influencing factors for players.

5 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Phil, just accept that you are a City fan and end this delusion! In my 25 years of following City I've never browsed a rovers site, yet you practically live here.

I'll see you at Ashton Gate next season.  Which stand are you in?

I did say that this is an actual Bristol Rovers thread so I feel quite happy learning what's going on at our place on here ... any rumours .. signings etc about us are here .. 

1 hour ago, Philgas said:

I did say that this is an actual Bristol Rovers thread so I feel quite happy learning what's going on at our place on here ... any rumours .. signings etc about us are here .. 

I don't blame you Phil, it's not been unknown for posters on here to have better information than the supposed 'ITK's on your site.

My favourite was when an OTIB poster told us about Sainsbury's wanting to pull out of the Mem purchase before it went public....I seem to remember he was called (amongst other things) a bitter, lying shithead by Gasheads before he was proved right and the realisation sunk in. So yeah, you stay here Phil...generally more reliable.

I would have a look on Slagchat for the latest City news but I'd only see a load of 'tick tocking' morons telling us SL will be walking away any minute now or just the same shit we hear every year about City definitely going down, you definitely going up etc.

• Like 5

When asked about funding, I thought SH actually said it has to be feasible - I took that as being we have conditional funding. ISTM that to get the funding UWE either have to sell us the land or naming rights to the stadium. This seems different to what SH said in Feb, when he basically said there needs to be a bit of give & take between the two parties.
UWE are obviously dealing with a different beast now compared with the last board, but do they really care about a stadium & are they rich enough to play hardball. Hopefully we will know in the next few weeks.
He also said something I found strange - re building the stadium he said it was inevitable, whether it's us or someone else, could it be Wael could walk if we can't build UWE? As I think it would be another 10 years finding & approving another site if UWE falls over. It's probably me feeling very pessimistic, after the euphoria of the 7 May & DC agreeing to 3 years. Still, next few weeks might see some progress

mariobalotelli Avatar
Someone on OTIB seems to think he spoke to a Rovers player who apparently said he don't think it will happen.

Firstly, I'm not sure why a player would know the ins and outs to be able to say that.
Secondly, I'm not sure why a City fan recognised a Rovers player and went over to have a chat with him.

This is bullshit primarily because the al qadi's knew the situation before buying the club, they knew sains deal was dead and they also knew how much investment would be necessary to build the uwe, and that staying at the mem wouldn't be an option. Only an idiot would buy brfc to stay at the mem.   Idiot idiot idiot idiot say no more 

• Like 1

Feb 19, 2016 at 11:07pm via mobile Jon the Stripe likes this
Post Options

Post by astafjevs on Feb 19, 2016 at 11:07pm

I can't help it, I'm trying to be positive and I totally want the club to succeed, but I can't shake the feeling this is to be good to be true.

Reading between the lines it seems UWE is not a formality for the new owners, and I worry we've swapped a bunch of incompetents whose heart was in the club for a bunch we know nothing about. What's to stop them selling the ground and buggering off?

I know I'm a miserable sod, but I am desperate to see something impressive from our new owners other than just some well chosen words. An unsuccessful Swansea chairman, Coventry City's accountant, and Watola as CEO isn't quite the stuff I was dreaming of before today's events. 

There, I've said it. I'm as worried about the future of the club tonight as I was last night.

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/4606/good-true#ixzz4BxP2zmVB

5 hours ago, Philgas said:

Do you not realise that this thread is the one we City fans use to take the p!ss out of the Rovers?

• Like 1

Last night i was fortunate enough to break bread with the patriarch of the Al-Qadi family, Eamon Al-Qadi, and he was very upbeat about the UWE Stadium. Although he has never actually been to South Gloucestershire he could describe the development in perfect detail.  One may imagine his serene figure standing imperiously on platform 2 of Bristol Parkway station and gazing across over Harry Stoke towards Cheswick village. On the horizon he pictures a lagoon of crystal clear water surrounded by rich tropical vegetation, fringed by a crescent of elegant palms and a jogging track.  

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Last night i was fortunate enough to break bread with the patriarch of the Al-Qadi family, Eamon Al-Qadi, and he was very upbeat about the UWE Stadium. Although he has never actually been to South Gloucestershire he could describe the development in perfect detail.  One may imagine his serene figure standing imperiously on platform 2 of Bristol Parkway station and gazing across over Harry Stoke towards Cheswick village. On the horizon he pictures a lagoon of crystal clear water surrounded by rich tropical vegetation, fringed by a crescent of elegant palms and a jogging track.  

Mirage, mirage on the Wael ...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bert tann said:

No car park, Bert?

17 minutes ago, bert tann said:

The jogging track being optional?

42 minutes ago, Philgas said:

Just .. Oh My God ... I didn't realise this thread was for taking the piss out of Bristol Rovers. . Never mind I still get all the info I need here .. Mark Gavin ?? He used to play for you lot 

Well if it's god you're referring to that's O.J.G.

One John Galley.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bert tann said:

This must be Boll**ks, you can't see Harry Stoke or Cheswick Village from Platform 2!!

If you had said Platform 3, there might have been something in it.

Edited by ForeverRed
  • Like 4

Looks like those white plastic patio chairs could be getting a bit of punishment soon....

"what do people think about starting a bristol rovers ultras. there would be no more violence involved than necessary. it would simply act as a sort of supporters club. however,there would be no membership fee or organised awaydays. scarfs, flags and stickers could be sold in support. i was just wondering peoples thoughts on this."

24 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Looks like those white plastic patio chairs could be getting a bit of punishment soon....

"what do people think about starting a bristol rovers ultras. there would be no more violence involved than necessary. it would simply act as a sort of supporters club. however,there would be no membership fee or organised awaydays. scarfs, flags and stickers could be sold in support. i was just wondering peoples thoughts on this."

How much violence is actually necessary though.?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Sounds like one of ours on a wind up.

Any fool knows they couldn't organise a swift half in a brewery. 

Remember when two of them decided to wear different coloured scarves because they didn't like somethin the directors were doing, or them getting relegated to non league before people started to really question them?

They are happy to be victims. Whereas as we seem to have access to all manner of club officials (for those who like consultation on things).