IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

My observations on Wally whatever his name is: I've seen yet another photo of him posing with a famous footballer, he seems to be using his 'status' as a football club owner to smooze his way to meeting these people for his own self benefit. He 'owns' BRFC but doesn't seem to really want to play with his new toy.

• Like 5

TENT ALERT!

"I was there today and I can conform that both the south and south west stands are TENTS :-[ . I thought that the south stand was going to have cladding as per the OS but no they are TENTS"

http://gasheads.proboards.com/thread/7762/update-mem

.... good job that these are only temporary measures before the UWE car park is ready

7 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Absolutely spot on.

They happily watched the club they love being run like a circus for years, season after season in the bottom half of L2. The ******* idiots waited until after the final whistle against Mansfield before kicking up a fuss. . 

Many of them have got the club they deserve.

To be honest I don't think they kicked up a fuss then.

• Like 1

rovers fans are the reason rovers are a laughing stock, the play the victim and blame any self made problems on city, they have a minority complex, rather then wanting whats best for the club they would rather see us make a mistake,

the sooner the gas stop worrying about us the quicker they will see through the ballshit and do something, as for us, we've always questioned the board myself included and I'm a happy clapper, 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

They did have a sort of Battenburg cake coloured kit in 1986 - I kid you not!

Look here, laugh and never forget!

Awful kit, but I do like the old team photo's were the young un's were made to sit, cross legged, in the front row. Presumably straight from cleaning boots / the bogs / sweeping the terraces

Won't see the multi millionaires of today doing that. More's the pity

2 hours ago, RedM said:

My observations on Wally whatever his name is: I've seen yet another photo of him posing with a famous footballer, he seems to be using his 'status' as a football club owner to smooze his way to meeting these people for his own self benefit. He 'owns' BRFC but doesn't seem to really want to play with his new toy.

People buy football clubs for various reasons, club they supported, chance to make a quick profit or ego. For Wally it appears to the later. The number of times he's been seen out with their supporters with no doubt his ego being massaged suggests that's his objective. I've never seen or heard of any member of our current board out on the piss with fans etc. Unfortunately for the blue few he's a Chelsea fan, with no real links to either Bristol or the blue few. In his defence I don't think he was told the whole story about their finances and his wealth isn't anywhere near enough to cover what they need

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, daored said:

People buy football clubs for various reasons, club they supported, chance to make a quick profit or ego. For Wally it appears to the later. The number of times he's been seen out with their supporters with no doubt his ego being massaged suggests that's his objective. I've never seen or heard of any member of our current board out on the piss with fans etc. Unfortunately for the blue few he's a Chelsea fan, with no real links to either Bristol or the blue few. In his defence I don't think he was told the whole story about their finances and his wealth isn't anywhere near enough to cover what they need

What, £10bn isn't enough? ;)

1 hour ago, Big Brother said:
11 hours ago blackthorngas and okebournegas like this
Post Options

Post by yategas78 on 11 hours ago

I agree the club need to make improvements at the MEM to accommodate the bigger crowds in the higher division the fact they are keeping the cost down is a positive sign as the plan is not to be there too long!!

Hilarious.

And this is EXACTLY their issue, they just accept any shit thrown their way

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, daored said:

The takeover by Wally is fishier than Baldrick's apple crumble NFQAT.

Maybe it's just a training scheme for young Wael.  

His family, despairing of him not having a proper job and just hanging around the house all day, asked him what he wanted to do and he said "I want to run Chelsea football team mummy".

Well his family had a meeting at 7pm after he'd gone to bed with his milk and biscuits and decided that there was no way that they were going to risk a huge chunk of the family money by buying Chelsea and letting little Wael run it so they decided that they would instead buy him a pretend Chelsea for a few quid for him to play with and which would let him wear a suit to football dos and meet his Chelsea heroes.

Young Wael was given the news the next day and was so excited he packed all of his Chelsea FC underpants into a suitcase and rushed off to Bristol.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Maybe it's just a training scheme for young Wael.  

His family, despairing of him not having a proper job and just hanging around the house all day, asked him what he wanted to do and he said "I want to run Chelsea football team mummy".

Well his family had a meeting at 7pm after he'd gone to bed with his milk and biscuits and decided that there was no way that they were going to risk a huge chunk of the family money by buying Chelsea and letting little Wael run it so they decided that they would instead buy him a pretend Chelsea for a few quid for him to play with and which would let him wear a suit to football dos and meet his Chelsea heroes.

Young Wael was given the news the next day and was so excited he packed all of his Chelsea FC underpants into a suitcase and rushed off to Bristol.

No, that's not it. What the young lad asked for was a cowboy outfit. The rest, as they say, is history....

• Like 10

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Michael Knighton.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Big Brother said:

Someone would have done due diligence though I imagine?

I'm sure that this would have been done thoroughly and correctly.

What would be dubious would be the financial projections accompanying them.  Higgs ran it on a shoestring and they ended up in the Conference when his "cross your fingers" strategy didn't work; so you are buying on a P&L that for the last two years reflects low spending and high incomes from two promotion seasons.

Bump that spending up to moderate and achieve 16th place in L1 (as that starry-eyed dreamer Philgas is hoping for) and the losses will start to mount and Wael may get bored of his expensive plaything and buy a rugby club nearer London instead.

26 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I'm sure that this would have been done thoroughly and correctly.

What would be dubious would be the financial projections accompanying them.  Higgs ran it on a shoestring and they ended up in the Conference when his "cross your fingers" strategy didn't work; so you are buying on a P&L that for the last two years reflects low spending and high incomes from two promotion seasons.

Bump that spending up to moderate and achieve 16th place in L1 (as that starry-eyed dreamer Philgas is hoping for) and the losses will start to mount and Wael may get bored of his expensive plaything and buy a rugby club nearer London instead.

Hardly starry eyed dreamer , I believe we shall survive in L1 .. He said right from the start he wouldn't be just throwing money at the club. . It's going to be a gradual progression. . A high percentage of GasHeads got carried away blinded by the euphoria of promotion and a so called billionaire owner .. I however always believe in a gradual growth that's the way I train people .. We can all dream ..seeing it happen overnight isn't going to happen. . We are in for a shock in L1 but after a few defeats which will come I assure you we will put things right .. Off the field well that's what you're all talking about we shall again have to wait and see .. I am definitely no starry eyed GasHead. 

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I was joking Philgas, a "starry eyed dreamer" would hardly be "dreaming" of 16th place in L1!

I was going to say that Philgas is disappointingly realistic in his expectation compared to most of them, I haven't seen him mention #ticktock, billionaires, overtaking us or "Man City of the lower leagues", once.

2 hours ago, Philgas said:

Hardly starry eyed dreamer , I believe we shall survive in L1 .. He said right from the start he wouldn't be just throwing money at the club. . It's going to be a gradual progression. . A high percentage of GasHeads got carried away blinded by the euphoria of promotion and a so called billionaire owner .. I however always believe in a gradual growth that's the way I train people .. We can all dream ..seeing it happen overnight isn't going to happen. . We are in for a shock in L1 but after a few defeats which will come I assure you we will put things right .. Off the field well that's what you're all talking about we shall again have to wait and see .. I am definitely no starry eyed GasHead. 

Pull your finger out Phil, some of us are doubting your credentials :) 

2 hours ago, Philgas said:

That's a very bold statement to make Phil and I don't know how anyone could be so certain. Once the loan window is closed, there's little or no scope for any team to change things about; if the team has a deficiency, it has to be capable of being addressed with the existing personnel. One bad, long term injury to a key player or a spate of sendings off could find any team looking for suitable replacements and if they're not already in the squad then it will be a big problem.

I don't know how big and well equipped your squad is but judging solely by recent signings, I'd imagine that there's not a great deal to call upon? That could be a big limitation to your manager's ability to "put things right" - however much you believe in him.

Hahaha give a 15 minute (spelling it incorrectly) for an announcement only for it to be there kits finally turning up #tinpot

and what's this #evolutionotrevelution bullshit they are pushing?

is that to soften the fact they have replaced 1 deluded moron with another at the top? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Hahaha give a 15 minute (spelling it incorrectly) for an announcement only for it to be there kits finally turning up #tinpot

and what's this #evolutionotrevelution bullshit they are pushing?

is that to soften the fact they have replaced 1 deluded moron with another at the top? 

Isn't one the Odyssey nightclub and the other that vodka bar?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Weezord said:

269 pages and nearly 11,000 posts, so what do you guys think of the new kits..

It offends my eyes. 

Just for you I've printed your post several times and replaced the toilet roll with it. 

Should get some decent use later as I'm about to tuck into a curry.