IGNORED

Recycling plastic wrapping

Lanterne Rouge

Down here in West Devon we get our general waste collected every three weeks and up to now have been averaging one black bag a week. Mrs LR works at the Co-Op and they have recently starting taking plastic wrapping and sending it for recycling (I believe Tesco also do this).

Today was our waste collection day and incredibly we only had one black sack instead of three. It just goes to show how much of our waste which goes to landfill is plastic wrapping and it is frightening. Please, if anyone can find a place to take their plastic wrapping for recycling, do so - just think of the difference it would make if we all did it.

18 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Down here in West Devon we get our general waste collected every three weeks and up to now have been averaging one black bag a week. Mrs LR works at the Co-Op and they have recently starting taking plastic wrapping and sending it for recycling (I believe Tesco also do this).

Today was our waste collection day and incredibly we only had one black sack instead of three. It just goes to show how much of our waste which goes to landfill is plastic wrapping and it is frightening. Please, if anyone can find a place to take their plastic wrapping for recycling, do so - just think of the difference it would make if we all did it.

All of the Tesco's in Bristol take it so there is now no excuse for any Bristolians to be putting plastic wrapping in their big black bins.  Similar to you, my family of four only fill the black bin by about 33% every 2 weeks.  I take a trip to Tesco which is 0.5 miles away with my plastic wrapping every 2 weeks.

Archived