IGNORED

Saikou Janneh

Tomo

I can see this lad forcing himself into the starting 11, maybe not today but sometime in the future. 

Interestingly, when I have reported on our 23's, he always plays wide right/left but when he was loaned out to Torquay and scored 16 goals in 28 games, it looks like they played him central.... 

Whilst the standard was much lower, there is something about this lad... Direct, Quick, Strong. 

Thoughts?

https://youtu.be/H_JkAjXRE84

I like him... Hes aggressive and extremely determined. In the 23's he can sometimes get too frustrated about his own game (self critical) so if he matures, I think he has a chance. I've only just discovered that Torquay played him as a direct CF. Interesting. Bagging 16 goals in 28 games at any level is impressive. 

Time will tell... 

20 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I can see this lad forcing himself into the starting 11, maybe not today but sometime in the future. 

Interestingly, when I have reported on our 23's, he always plays wide right/left but when he was loaned out to Torquay and scored 16 goals in 28 games, it looks like they played him central.... 

Whilst the standard was much lower, there is something about this lad... Direct, Quick, Strong. 

Thoughts?

Rather him than odowdont to be fair .

City mostly operated with a front 3 when Saikou played 23’s and with Britton on the run he was on there wasn’t going to be q change. They used Janneh and Edwards either side of him making an impressive front 3. 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

I like him but got much to work on.

Wouldn't mind him sticking around as an option out wide, but likely benefits him most being loaned out.

Going to be a great prospect if he keeps developing, needs game time to help his development at a league club. 

7 minutes ago, redpole said:

Love to know why? Have you seen a lot of Saikou in the championship, League 1 and 2 and know he’s up to it? 

O'Dowda is marmite amongst fans..... And would guess that 60% of supporters don't rate him... 

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Thoughts?

I just watched the link . He looks good on the ball and well balanced. He is only 21 and could be a good prospect but will need gradual exposure to the top flight. 

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

O'Dowda is marmite amongst fans..... And would guess that 60% of supporters don't rate him... 

he was my MOM v Argyle, got past his man and got the ball in. I think he will do well this season under Pearson. He’s made average wide players at teams look 100 times better. 

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Think that comment could be applied to a lot of our squad.

3 minutes ago, redpole said:

he was my MOM v Argyle, got past his man and got the ball in. I think he will do well this season under Pearson. He’s made average wide players at teams look 100 times better. 

I hope you are right, but far too inconsistent and frustrating - but there is definitely something in there though and hope Pearson can get it out of him. I wouldn't have been too worried if he had been sold though.

1 minute ago, TheReds said:

I hope you are right, but far too inconsistent and frustrating - but there is definitely something in there though and hope Pearson can get it out of him. I wouldn't have been too worried if he had been sold though.

One of our great assets this coming season. 

14 minutes ago, Tomo said:

As low as that? ? He starts as everyone does this season with a clean slate but for me he’s got a lot of work to do to win over the majority.  Let’s hope he does it. 

8 minutes ago, redpole said:

What has O Dowda got to do with this post.

Janneh is the one that is sitting behind the side lines waiting for a chance. The goals he scored at Torquay some are ordinary but he appears to always be in the right position and his finishing is top class.

O Dowda will also flourish this season under NP and the young players coming through will bring great potential to a very succesfull season

6 minutes ago, City oz said:

What has O Dowda got to do with this post.

Janneh is the one that is sitting behind the side lines waiting for a chance. The goals he scored at Torquay some are ordinary but he appears to always be in the right position and his finishing is top class.

O Dowda will also flourish this season under NP and the young players coming through will bring great potential to a very succesfull season

See comments above, then you will see what O’Dowda has to do with post. ?

10 minutes ago, redpole said:

See comments above, then you will see what O’Dowda has to do with post. ?

It is just some how that some on here have an hidden agenda with O Dowda and they bring him when not neccessary. The original post by Tomo was a good one and it was about a future potential quality player called Saikou.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

What do I know!  I rated Vince Harper highly but he's just been bombed out at Cheltenham (trial), so Janneh may go the same way. I hope not as he has something about him - maybe not at Championship level? 

https://the72.co.uk/243207/cheltenham-town-make-decision-regarding-potential-deal-for-recently-released-bristol-city-defender/

Bombed out?

Or thought they’d got George Nurse over the line?

As for Saikou, imho he’d slipped behind Bell, Conway and Britton….but has had a good pre-season and pushed himself back in the frame.  That’s all he can do.

46 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I'm probably in the 60% but I have always felt that COD technically is a quality footballer.

The major problem he had is that he has been badly coached, never been encouraged to take on defenders and thus passing mostly backwards. Even running fifty yards toward his own goal with the ball.

Even at this early stage, I suspect that Pearson is encouraging him to attack the last line of defenders to create goal scoring opportunities fir himself and others.

39 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Bombed out?

As for Saikou, imho he’d slipped behind Bell, Conway and Britton….but has had a good pre-season and pushed himself back in the frame.  That’s all he can do.

Cheltenham Boss claims Vince deserves Football League footy but not at Cheltenham ?

54 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I'm probably in the 60% but I have always felt that COD technically is a quality footballer.

The major problem he had is that he has been badly coached, never been encouraged to take on defenders and thus passing mostly backwards. Even running fifty yards toward his own goal with the ball.

Even at this early stage, I suspect that Pearson is encouraging him to attack the last line of defenders to create goal scoring opportunities fir himself and others.

I think we will see a more effective O’Dowda this season….or he won’t be playing much.  Think Nige will use his man-management skills on him, and make him aware what level the bar is at now.  He’s been allowed to play at a level lower than what he is capable of….that’s hugely frustrating.

So, here’s hoping for a better season.

24 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Cheltenham Boss claims Vince deserves Football League footy but not at Cheltenham ?

That’s not “bombed out”though is it….and they we’re hedging bets with Nurse.

1 minute ago, Simon bristol said:

Weve all seen a lot of odowda in the championship and know hes not up to it, so might as well try a youth player, might even nick a goal or 2

You must have different TV channels than me then

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Bombed out?

Anyone know how Vince is doing at Wycombe? Is he still there? They should do well this season so good move for him if he can get a contract. 

Just now, the1stknowle said:

Anyone know how Vince is doing at Wycombe? Is he still there? They should do well this season so good move for him if he can get a contract. 

(with apologies for going off topic)

Archived