IGNORED

£5.30 a pint

sticks 1969

10 hours ago, Selred said:

Yes, they have customers every day and hundreds of pubs so can bulk buy. 

They also buy very close to end of life product, because they know they'll get through it so it's cheaper

Drinking on the waterfront Sunday and £5 or more seemed the going rate for a pint in most places unfortunately. i don't think the club specifically are the problem, it's the pandemic plus inflation.

I'd much rather have a pint at the ground, and the money go towards my club and be surrounded by City fans etc than give my money to Wetherspoons.

On the prices at the bars ,it has become ridiculous .Obviously when the fan zones were set up and the prices were ok fans flocked there ,we loved it but then of course the club got greedy thinking we got them now they will still want to come to fan zone even if we bump up the prices .Wrong !!!

Why do discount pubs and stores do so well and are so popular .Pile it High and sell it Cheap . Not rocket science is it .

1 hour ago, Mr Roper said:

I had a row with a steward a few seasons ago about the lid thing , sad git spotted my lid from 100 yards away Im sure . Made me remove it and give it to him under the premise that I may throw the bottle at the pitch at some point .I stood my ground for ages ,would not hand over something I had paid for as was rightfully mine .Of course I was threatened with eviction and a ban .Had to give it up grrrr.

This is weird for me. I took my “chillies” bottle with cold water in on Saturday which could really do damage if full and thrown but that’s ok.

Plus the grippy bottle top will ensure accuracy of throw ?

2 minutes ago, DaveF said:

£5.30 a pint sounds in a stadium quite reasonable to me when compared to the general cost of a pint these days.

I think part of the issue is that it has gone from pub-price comparable to 'ouch' so quickly.

Would imagine being cash-less makes that journey easier for the stadium too. 4 pints in cash and generally a purple beer token will cover it and if it doesn't you will probably pass comment that it's a bit strong. Lob your card over  contactless reader, wait for the beep and walk away without a receipt and you just accept it.

Thankfully, we have alternatives.

This actually came up a couple of seasons ago as well. They went back on it, and pulled the prices back down. 

I said then, the same as i'll say now. 

Usually we leave the pub at 2.15, walk over and have one in the concourse, we probably wont do this now.

Manchester United fans complained at their prices & they got them slashed. 

24 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

This actually came up a couple of seasons ago as well. They went back on it, and pulled the prices back down. 

I said then, the same as i'll say now. 

Usually we leave the pub at 2.15, walk over and have one in the concourse, we probably wont do this now.

Manchester United fans complained at their prices & they got them slashed. 

Looking at that, they sell Carling and Strongbow Dark Fruits.

They could be giving it away and I still wouldn't drink it.

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Looking at that, they sell Carling and Strongbow Dark Fruits.

They could be giving it away and I still wouldn't drink it.

Northerners love it. Strangely enough some even enjoy Strongbow when I couldn't think of much worse. 

On 08/08/2021 at 01:47, sticks 1969 said:

Thought that was quite a sharp price increase 

Our most popular cider. A unique blend of ginger, apple, and pear. If you like ginger you’ll love this.Just up the road from me is the Myalup brewery south of Perth. Great cider and is 12 dollars a pint. This equates to 6 quid. 

It is 5% and is just great. I do not complain if prices are more than your normal local or when you have a pint at a particular venue. 

Went to Trent Bridge to watch a day at the test match over the weekend and it was £5.50 pints there. 

Can't compare a sporting venue to pubs. Pubs are usually open all year round. Stadiums only really operate bars on a matchday, so i'm ok with paying that rate to support the club. 

Archived