IGNORED

AFC Wimbledon

eardun

À genuine fan’s club. 
They were freaking horrible though when they bullied their way to success. 
Anyone who has watched the Don’s documentary will know that Fashanu and Jones were just nasty individuals not only to the opposition but to their own teammates as well. 
Don Revie’s Leeds were bad but this bunch of anti-footballers made them look like Girl Guides, and I am sure that Jones and company are proud of their exploits.

As Clough said when arriving at Leeds ,

‘You lot may all be internationals, and have won all the domestic honours there are to win under Don Revie. But as far as I’m concerned, the first thing you can do for me is chuck all your medals and all your caps and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest f*cking dustbin you can find. Because you’ve never won any of them fairly. You’ve done it all by cheating.”

32 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

À genuine fan’s club. 
Anyone who has watched the Don’s documentary will know that Fashanu and Jones were just nasty individuals not only to the opposition but to their own teammates as well. 
Don Revie’s Leeds were bad but this bunch of anti-footballers made them look like Girl Guides, and I am sure that Jones and company are proud of their exploits.

‘You lot may all be internationals, and have won all the domestic honours there are to win under Don Revie. But as far as I’m concerned, the first thing you can do for me is chuck all your medals and all your caps and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest f*cking dustbin you can find. Because you’ve never won any of them fairly. You’ve done it all by cheating.”

Haven’t seen the Dons documentary although yes they were very old school! That said, I’m sure they would say would say that with limited funds and no silky skills they had to play to their strengths to compete. You could tell Steve Galliers had played there; doubt he’d stay on the pitch much these days! 

54 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

À genuine fan’s club. 

Although the Wimbledon team were a very physical side it was a shame they never played in Europe because of the ban on English clubs at the time. 
I would have loved to seen them play in Italy who’s teams at the time also liked to put it about.

I’m sure “Fash the Bash” would have left his mark on a few of their players!

Archived