IGNORED

Pearson

Hampshire reds

16 minutes ago, nellie said:

What part of him saying it would take 3 seasons to even be competitive didn't you understand ?

Competitive in what league? 

13 minutes ago, swanker said:

We’ll be in league 3 in five years then!

I think this is the response. 

15 minutes ago, nellie said:

What part of him saying it would take 3 seasons to even be competitive didn't you understand ?

Sorry, that is a kop out, and Johnson said almost the exact same thing. If I went for a job, and sold myself to the boss at the interview, and then when I was appointed, said it will take me three years to look any good, I would be laughed out the building.

Just now, The Horse With No Name said:

Sorry, that is a kop out, and Johnson said almost the exact same thing. If I went for a job, and sold myself to the boss at the interview, and then when I was appointed, said it will take me three years to look any good, I would be laughed out the building.

trouble is most people could see it would take 3 seasons to turn around this season was all about consolidating and rebuilding anyone who thinks we are anything more than a low end of the table team this year is deluded   

12 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

Performance against Blackpool was pretty good most of game, no? And FGR we bossed a lot of it. And for a period in second half today we looked ok. 

Clearly we have issues still but I'm not seeing what youre seeing if you think these last three games have been a continuation of the total capitulation last season. 

Agree with you that for 75 minutes against Blackpool we looked more organised and committed than last season and created 4 or 5 good chances aside from the goal. 

But today, 1st half was dross against a poor M'boro side, one charged down shot from Dasilva being our only attempt on goal. Yes we did look good for 10 mins after getting the equaliser but then conceded another soft goal. 

If we continue non-performing like we did today until change of shape with Wells coming on, we will be in relegation battle, no question.

Just now, The Horse With No Name said:

Nige had good look at the squad when he was in interim charge and was able to assess where we’re at. 

And on your other point, if you’d been headhunted for the job based upon an outstanding track record, that probably wouldn’t be the case. 

1 minute ago, Hello Dave said:

Most managers will go into an interview and say “ it will take me x amount of years to mould my team” . Just wondered why it’s ok for Pearson and not Holden?

Because one is a football manager and the other was not, is not, and is unlikely to be one ever again.

Dean Holdens appointment is the single most bizarre thing to have ever happened at this club.

Pearson has a root and branch job of remoulding and rebuilding our club. Get behind him.

10 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

Performance against Blackpool was pretty good most of game, no? And FGR we bossed a lot of it. And for a period in second half today we looked ok. 

Clearly we have issues still but I'm not seeing what youre seeing if you think these last three games have been a continuation of the total capitulation last season. 

Agree with that.  The underlying performances are better with far better application and effort.  We have issues dealing with crosses into the box both with stopping them (both full backs) and dealing with them when they make their way in.  We also need another attacker in the mix.  That maybe a 9 or a player who can play off one side and score goals.  The lad from Crewe for example.

The 2 injured players could make a difference.  Cundy is dominant in the air whilst Semenyo will go past people and get crosses in.  If he can work out how to finish he will be a very good Championship player

5 minutes ago, GodEmperor Palpatine said:

I don't recall Johnson at the beginning of his tenure winning 2 games out 17. In fact I recall between him and Pemberton dragging us out of an appalling situation where we were heading down.

Pearson on the other hand has taken over from Holden and dragged us further down.

No, but I do recall LJ from the outset being allowed to spend money like water that had mysteriously been denied to Cotts, bringing the likes of Tomlin in on loan.

Pearson has been given the funds to sign one player, plus 2 free transfers & to cut the wage bill has moved on 14, hardly comparing apples with apples, is it?

Just now, TomThumb84 said:

Because one is a football manager and the other was not, is not, and is unlikely to be one ever again.

Dean Holdens appointment is the single most bizarre thing to have ever happened at this club.

Pearson has a root and branch job of remoulding and rebuilding our club. Get behind him.

The managing trio of Fawthrop, Burnside and Rosenior would disagree.

14 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

unfortunately its about results. can people put me right and tell me where wins are coming from. i cant see where. 

If you seriously don't know it's when we score more goals than the opposition. Difficult concept to master I know, a bit like why Pearson can't deliver instantaneous result with the dross available to him.

Do keep up .....

38 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

sorry to be negative but he is not doing his job. take the second half of last season and 3 games this season the results and performances have been dreadful. if players are not brought in asap then relagation is on the cards.

You’re always ******* negative . **** off 

Just now, GrahamC said:

No, but I do recall LJ from the outset being allowed to spend money like water that had mysteriously been denied to Cotts, bringing the likes of Tomlin in on loan.

Pearson has been given the funds to sign one player, plus 2 free transfers & to cut the wage bill has moved on 14, hardly comparing apples with apples, is it?

You mean like trying to sign players like Andre Gray and players who didn't want to come to the club.... Evidently the money was there but the targets were unrealistic.

22 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

Blackpool & FG not the best 2 bench marks. 

We could not beat eat either of them.

2 minutes ago, GodEmperor Palpatine said:

You mean like trying to sign players like Andre Gray and players who didn't want to come to the club.... Evidently the money was there but the targets were unrealistic.

Slightly untrue. The board adjusted position on transfers when they were all but done. Quite widely publicised.

4 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

If you seriously don't know it's when we score more goals than the opposition. Difficult concept to master I know, a bit like why Pearson can't deliver instantaneous result with the dross available to him.

Do keep up .....

He’s had the whole summer to sort it out, do keep up

8 minutes ago, GodEmperor Palpatine said:

We were 23rd with with the worst GD in the division... If you think we'd have stayed up at that juncture then you're completely delusional.

Two facts in this statement. Imagine them both being completely fabricated. Standard Pro LJ nonsense. 

I still believe in the Pearson project, but it is getting harder each game to stay positive.

We desperately need that first win, just to get the massive legacy of last season off our back.

No home win since January; and no wins at all in 13 (or 14) games says it all.

I can't quite believe how far this squad have fallen in the last 12 months. There is some quality in the team, but we're just not showing it for whatever reason. The same mistakes are being made, and failings in all departments are laid bare.

It's got all the makings of a SOD situation for me. I could see what O'Driscoll was trying to do, and he bought some decent players into the club, but something just didn't click; and we of course found ourselves bottom of L1.

Sometimes of course, you have to go backwards to go forward; and I still can't quite believe that we didn't go down last season. But the whole playing side of the club at the moment stills feels as if it hasn't quite hit rock bottom yet; before hopefully the renaissance kicks in again.

Looking at ourselves, and Rovers tonight; I'd be more than happy if the season was to end tomorrow. Unfortunately we have another 44 games of this potential pain to go.

Tough game away at Reading; followed by home to Swansea on Friday. This is an unrelenting, unforgiving league......

COYR

2 minutes ago, Herta said:

If Pearson was any other manager without a name or profile, we’d be furious at the moment.

So far he’s not been good enough and I don’t see why people apologise for him because of his reputation. 

It’s almost impossible for him to have been any worse

22 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

A smart manager shows the owner what he has got to work with,and the owner either says carry on or what do you want 

I believe, naively probably, City will utilise the loan market, b4 end of month, so he (Pearson) can continue with his plan, playing the formation he wants eventually achieving an identity for his team.  

I don't think its that far from what he wants but some just aren't the right fit.

Archived