IGNORED

It’s only been 2 bloody games

Bristolded1987

Well said!

2 games in......Nige has inherited a massive mess which he’s tasked with sorting out.....he’s done it before and given time, I’m confident that he’ll do it again with us.....hence the three year contract/project.

This season is likely to be a hugely frustrating one and one where we will need to hold our nerve - as long as we stay up, that will be OK in my book.

We do however, need a win to boost confidence and quick.....

27 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

I find it somewhat strange that the common consensus at the end of last season and during this pre season was that this season was going to be a real struggle.. Then after two games people seem really surprised that we’re not very good.

Yep, I’m not sure how you go from a pre-season “it’s gonna be a tough season, etc, etc”, to hysteria after two games.  OTIB is bonkers.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Because we’ve allowed our costs to grow quicker than our revenues.  When we could sell £20m of players each season, we closed the gap between revenue and costs to an acceptable level.

In 19/20 our last published accounts, our revenue was £27.9m our costs £62.9m….offset by £25.6m transfer profit.  Even with that we made a £9.1m loss.

Our transfer profit last season by my reckoning was….£2.8m.

Several other clubs, excluding those with PPs, are cash strapped too (Derby, Reading, etc), but those with much lower cost bases (Barnsley, Luton, Millwall, etc) are less impacted, because they didn’t rely so heavily on such large transfer profit to balance the books like us.

Not realising even small fees for the likes of Diedhiou was bad.

D88DAB5F-99A3-45DE-86CC-450C265B038D.thumb.jpeg.9ab4a9fbeec6caf02d3a3bbaf5e36e81.jpeg

Pearson has started to address this by removing £10-12m (estimate) of wages and amortisation from this season’s accounts.  We haven’t even seen 20/21s yet….I’m predicting a £30m loss!!!

Haha, pretty similar response to me!

SL is hardly subtle in the last few most recent interviews that the accounts for 20/21 are going to be horrific. Lots of references to how expensive running the clubs over that last year has been. 

Archived