IGNORED

Same Tune Different Pianist........

tully

......same shyte different shovel!?

Now I know its only one game....but is it??? Id say we had the same chat in the bars/pubs afterwards as we had done since the first(alright second) game of LAST season - i.e. FIFTY games!

Such as "clueless at set pieces", "no target man", "poor use of substitutions" etc etc - has Wilson been cloned???

I'm confident Tinman will get it right - but its so frustratin to be goin over the same old ground AGAIN! Especially as one of the breaking news features in the week was that "improvement on set pieces must be made!"

As for Murray........well no comment! Except to say that the reluctance of DW to want him back last season (overruled by SL)is at the moment is proving to be correct!

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

Well let's leave last season in the past and stop bringing it up....

We don't seem to have any dominant player to have when defending free-kicks and corners..I think that will be a problem for us as the season goes on..neither do we seem to have players who will be causing problems for when free-kicks and corners are put into the oppositions box(in comparison to all the other league one and two outfits anyway)....

Life aint perfect :(

Well let's leave last season in the past and stop bringing it up....

I agree we should move on! BUT when you see the smae old flaws unfolding in front of you yet AGAIN, its difficult not to make reference to what after all was only 11 weeks ago!

Why wasn't this brought up before the game..? Why after the game..?

We know we have no proper target man and no dominant players to defend or attack set-pieces....we knew that beforehand....Tins tactics are very much attacking, ground playing, open play tactics....

Why wasn't this brought up before the game..? Why after the game..?

Ok I agree with the target man bit, but before the game I WAS expecting imporvement/different ideas regarding set pieces etc..

And BEFORE the game my crystal ball didnt tell me that Tins would take off Hefferman, the only player that really looked like unlocking Torquay a second time!

Also Tins is playing his raking long pass a bit too often; teams are ready for it defending it all too easily - also this is restricting the "attacking/sharp/flowing" football that you mention.

Anyway roll on Tuesday night!!

Or maybe I should say the tool not the tools..his left foot..simple as that..

I do think Wilkshire will be first choice when he gets back though..

Murray will never be the same player again. The last time he was here he was driven by enthusiasm of playing at a higher level. He has been there and failed. What has he to strive for other than being a league one player?

No replies.

I guess the truth often hurts.

No replies.

I guess the truth often hurts.

Dunno, you may have a point but I think Murray was not 100% fit at the end of last season and to judge him on one game, when he is playing in a position gto which he is not suited and for which he is not equipped, may be premature. I ******* hope so, anyway ....

I don't think you should be posting these kinds of topics so soon, it realy P!sses me off when you have so called City fans slagging and crying like little babies that can't get their own way after 92mins of the season, geeez, like I said in my other post's it wasn't the prettiest game we've ever seen at Ashton Gate but we didn't lose, give um a few gaems, we have quite a few new faces in the squad this season and they are going to take a few more ames before they start to gell. :laugh:

Archived