IGNORED

After the euphoria, do we have new injuries?

cidered abroad

Two of last evening's side were subbed due to injury.

Or were they?

Neither seemed to be unable to walk off. Are they genuinely injured or are Bristol City finally joining all those clubs who have been bending honesty for many years?

How often have we all been driven bonkers by away teams at Ashton Gate? Everything from "I'll just sit down for a rest for a minute" to "The serious brain and skull smashed to pieces" by Warnock's Rotherham.

Just now, cidered abroad said:

Two of last evening's side were subbed due to injury.

Or were they?

Neither seemed to be unable to walk off. Are they genuinely injured or are Bristol City finally joining all those clubs who have been bending honesty for many years?

How often have we all been driven bonkers by away teams at Ashton Gate? Everything from "I'll just sit down for a rest for a minute" to "The serious brain and skull smashed to pieces" by Warnock's Rotherham.

King was injured, no huge doubt. 

I think the plan was always with Pring to see how long he could go for and take him off when blowing. Just before he came off he made a fantastic surge into the box but ran out of steam at the last man. Scott, protecting, as prior games.

So yeah, I reckon one injury and one slight shithouse. Still, with no Andy Rolls I’d be confident of recovery.

(Side note: NPs interview said they’d all go into the cryotherapy chamber when home - I’m assuming at about 11:30. That’s a hugely professional approach - no matter what the time, do the right behaviour to prevent long term injury)

We could probably do with a pinned injury list for keeping track couldn’t we? I think it’s something like this currently:

Cundy - still a while away.

O’Dowda - we were told a week 10 days ago so not long hopefully.

Williams - didn’t look serious but heard that before ? 

Semenyo - minutes for U23’s yesterday.

Britton - think he had a knock but played fine for U23’s yesterday.

King - no news, didn’t look terrible. 

Pring - potentially not even injured, just out of steam.

Think that’s everything, and I anticipate we’ll see most these lads sooner rather than later :city:

Edit: just seen we have an injured list. Doh!

• Admin
1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

I will be slightly worried if Martin starts again on Friday. We need to avoid what happened with him last season when not rested. We also have a few other 30+ players who might need to be rested. It's a long season and we need to avoid long term injuries this time.

The difference could be how he is managed off the pitch, he wouldn't be the first play to train much less than the rest of the squad

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

Await an announcement any time now saying his injury is worse than first thought

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

We could probably do with a pinned injury list for keeping track couldn’t we? I think it’s something like this currently:

Cundy - still a while away.

Williams - didn’t look serious but heard that before ? 

Semenyo - minutes for U23’s yesterday.

Britton - think he had a knock but played fine for U23’s yesterday.

King - no news, didn’t look terrible. 

Pring - potentially not even injured, just out of steam.

Think that’s everything, and I anticipate we’ll see most these lads sooner rather than later :city:

Edit: just seen we have an injured list. Doh!

Pearson might’ve been keeping his cards close to his chest, but said last night that there’s a possibility COD and Williams will be involved in Friday so they’re not far away. 

Archived