IGNORED

Tonights ref

GTFABM

57 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

I am not for one second blaming him entirely for tonights result. But honestly, how bad was he. Even the decisions he got right were wrong because there were advantages to be played. Truly abysmal display.

One of the worst refereeing performances I’ve ever seen, and I don’t think that’s being unfair.

He was conned for every little fall, even once or twice when we did it (massengo in our box). How Weimann got booked I’ll never know, similarly Danny Simpson.

Booked a player on 55 minutes for time wasting which should have set a precedent, but it didn’t and he allowed time wasting every single throw from that point onwards.

Clear decisions given the wrong way, eg the throw in that semenyo was tackled. Martin was wrestled non stop with no reward.

Dont know who he was, but he’s well out of his depth at this level.

We should watch back how Swansea react when they sense danger/ a break between the lines. They foul, take the booking and regroup, compare that for instance with massengo v Moore on Tuesday night for readings second goal (thought massengo was excellent tonight tbf so not singling him out). We simply have to get harder to play against, we don’t have the quality to our play teams technically. 

11 hours ago, Dan Robin said:

IMO in the first half he was not that bad, but in the second he gifted them some freekicks and ignored some clear fouls on our players, so I disagree with ''for both teams''.  Shame because we would have had more chances with more freekicks, especially after the changes in the 2nd half.

It happens...

I thought he had a good first half too….but then failed to follow through with his yellow card policy, that 1st half was based on the challenge made. 2nd half it was about not giving Latibaudiere a second yellow card.

But Geoff Eltringham is on my list of bad Champ refs along with, Gavin Ward, Oliver Langford, Jarred Gillett and James Linnington.  I don’t mind Keith Stroud.

11 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Ref gave 10 cards in what was not even a dirty game. Some truly bizarre decisions for both teams. 

Every time there was a foul, he seemed to look and make sure the player hadn't been book , then book him. 

How he let body checks and rugby tackles by the Swansea defenders go, while pulling up every soft touch was baffling.

Archived