IGNORED

Chants

Slack

I do think we need to create more chants for the new players, Massengo was a man possessed. I think we need chants for the new signings asap. How good would you feel next home game if you were Matty James, you hear your name being sung and feel pride / acceptance. 

Just think if this is going to be a tough season these little boosts we can give players would help. 

Just an idea

11 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I don’t know what job you do but let’s say you work in a office,would people outside the building chanting your name make you do a better job,if so you are a lazy git to start with,always give 100%

What nonsense.

Sitting in an office for 8 hours a day and performing at a very high athletic level for 90 minutes a week on instinct adrenaline and talent in front of 20,000+ people couldn't be more different.

I honestly think your post is one of the worst I've ever seen on otib, and that is saying an awful lot.

Edited by DaveF
  • Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, DaveF said:

What nonsense.

Sitting in an office for 8 hoirs a day and performing at a very high athletic level for 90 minutes a week on instinct adrenaline and talent in front of 20,000+ people couldn't be more different.

I honestly think your post is one of the worst I've ever seen on otib, and that is saying an awful lot.

:laugh: genuine, i agree

2 minutes ago, DaveF said:

What nonsense.

Sitting in an office for 8 hoirs a day and performing at a very high athletic level for 90 minutes a week on instinct adrenaline and talent in front of 20,000+ people couldn't be more different.

Why did you turn South African trying to say 8 hours,as for your last sentence I totally agree,just forcing chants on a forum is a no for me

11 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I don’t know what job you do but let’s say you work in a office,would people outside the building chanting your name make you do a better job,if so you are a lazy git to start with,always give 100%

Why do fans bother singing at all then? Players say the fans help them when they create an atmosphere. Guess they must be lying!

• Like 1

Was just an idea, help the players feel apart of the club. For instance, never heard a Kalas chant or ..( okay we have a lot of new players in the suad since Fulham) but imagine being King and hearing your club chant your name.

Id 100% run that extra mile

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slack said:

Was just an idea, help the players feel apart of the club. For instance, never heard a Kalas chant or ..( okay we have a lot of new players in the suad since Fulham) but imagine being King and hearing your club chant your name.

Don’t let old grumpy JJT get you down mate. He says singing makes no difference. Might as well be silent!  The gap in his knowledge is even wider than the gap between Joe Jordan’s teeth!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Let’s see what absolute cheese someone comes up with for King,because if he doesn’t have us chanting his name he won’t be up for it  Eye Rolling GIF by memecandy

Christ I actually meant to write James and Atkinson. Sorry Kingy! 

But there’s no harm at all in backing the players mate. If it gets an extra 10% out of them I’ll sing all match long.

The “problem” with us is like many other clubs. 

We have two seasons of new signings.

If you look at the side today, Bentley, Kalas, DaSilva, Massengo and Weimann were in the first team squad pre Covid. All have songs bar TK (which doesn’t scan well).

Simpson, Atkinson, James, Pring, Scott, Martin are all in one way or another “new”. Chants have to be earned, not given, and players earn them via performance. So I don’t expect them to have chants for a while.

Or you end up with shit like “Alex Scott, he’s one of our own” for a player born nearer sodding Paris than Knowle!

11 minutes ago, Slack said:

Like @And Its Smith said mate,I was just being a bit negative,sing loud and sing proud mate 

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

Like @And Its Smith said mate,I was just being a bit negative,sing loud and sing proud mate 

No worries, not a huge contributer on here so usually a reader of posts. Just was thinking at half time how many players used to have chants, I thought how mad it must be to hear your name being chanted and what we could do as fans to help support the squad. So after a few haze's thought I'd be brave ?

• Robin 1

11 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

If you look at the side today, Bentley, Kalas, DaSilva, Massengo and Weimann were in the first team squad pre Covid. All have songs bar TK (which doesn’t scan well).

Simpson, Atkinson, James, Pring, Scott, Martin are all in one way or another “new”. Chants have to be earned, not given, and players earn them via performance. So I don’t expect them to have chants for a while.

Or you end up with shit like “Alex Scott, he’s one of our own” for a player born nearer sodding Paris than Knowle!

Alex Alex Alex Alex Alex Scott . He’s a lovely geezer but don’t forget that he’s from Guernsey?

11 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Hate lazy chants like that. Clubs like Man United seem to come up with loads of clever, catchy and unique songs for their players. We have a few unique ones of our own, but it always frustrates me how we revert to type and recycle songs like that.

Not saying I could do any better by the way !

54 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Hate lazy chants like that. Clubs like Man United seem to come up with loads of clever, catchy and unique songs for their players. We have a few unique ones of our own, but it always frustrates me how we revert to type and recycle songs like that.

Not saying I could do any better by the way !

Manchester is defiantly independent and separate and also assuredly confident in their own independence (from London/the rest of the country). And confident in their own cultural equality, or supremacy over, even, London. Liverpool the same. It wouldn't enter their thinking to hear a chant at Chelsea or Arsenal and then adapt it for themselves.

I see the fellas in our singing bit - and in previous years/decades - and, bless 'em they do try, but they do not have this independent state of mind. They don't have the confidence. Or the wit/imagination. 

13 hours ago, Slack said:

I do think we need to create more chants for the new players, Massengo was a man possessed. I think we need chants for the new signings asap. How good would you feel next home game if you were Matty James, you hear your name being sung and feel pride / acceptance. 

Just think if this is going to be a tough season these little boosts we can give players would help. 

Just an idea

Okay, I'll start.

How about "Massengo is like a man possessed"

Only kidding Slack.

It's a good suggestion, especially as the chanting was unimpressive last night.