IGNORED

Brownhill's Cracker

Hampshire Red

I love the 'Top 6' wins in the so-called Severnside Derby' tht the club's website have put together. We saw Brownhills from the other end and on screen it looks just as good

Watching the 10 min highlights of the first win at their soul-less stadium brought back some striking recent memories and thoughts;  that was our first win in 17 yrs at Cardiff. Lee Johnson set and broke numerous records at City and not all of them were very good but this was a cracker. Several of his team are still key to us this season - Bentley, Palmer, CoD, Weimann, and it begs the question of how good we would be today if we hadnt needed to sell some of those top players in recent years. Although the talk tomorrow will be Pack and Flint, i think Webster, Bryan, Kelly, Brownhill were the players he had to sell that impacted our progress.

Hoping tomorrow we can silence the home crowd again and make it a hatrick of wins in Cardiff under Johnson, Holden....and Pearson

That Brownhill goal is right up there as one of my favourite ever City goals. I remember the day well, I went to stay with my Dad and we decided we'd spend all day in the pub watching City first, then there were a couple of big prem matches, then go home a bit pissed and order a curry. All the football that day was immense, peaking at that Brownhill rocket that set the tone for the day. I'm so bloody glad I like football.  

Archived