IGNORED

Moore to Hearts Loan

Bristol Rob

13 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Think it's about time he made a permanent move, it can't be good for the fella to keep being shipped out

Hopefully he impresses in the Scottish prem which is a decent standard of football, and comes back improved (or if nothing else, more value to sell). Best of luck Tayls.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

That stupid loan to blackpool did neither him nor us any favours. That was the time for a run in the side. 

Completely agree. He deserved to be given a run based on his performances. I haven’t seen enough of him since then to comment on his form since, but based on posts on here it really seemed to set him back. 

1 hour ago, LondonBCFC said:

I would rather we had kept him as 3rd/4th CB than Baker personally. Some solid performances over the years but never really given a proper chance.

Expect him to do well at Hearts  

Would rather he was given an opportunity at right back...

Still,,, Edinburgh not a bad place to live for a while,silver lining & all that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Son of Fred said:

Would rather he was given an opportunity at right back...

Still,,, Edinburgh not a bad place to live for a while,silver lining & all that.

For the first time we can’t say “why would a player choose them, it’s a sh1thole”….Edinburgh is lovely.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

We need 4 centre backs so hopefully Cundy is back soon. Vyner being a right back now should just stay there. Vyner is not dominant enough to be at centre back in a 2 anyway imo. And it's not like we want to be in a situation where Simpson has to play every game because Vyner is needed in the centre. In 5 months Simpson will be 35.

Going by Cundy's performances on loan I would trust him. He wins everything in the air and at that level showed signs he can read the game well. Looked aggressive but also often composed enough at the right moments.

Not the quickest but he is someone who looks like he enjoys defending, throwing himself in front of shots etc. He's no Atkinson in possession but competent enough to not be a liability with the ball at his feet.

Hard to know if these things are the same at a much improved level. People were talking about possible league one centre back signings at the end of last season. Atkinson was first on my list, and Cundy would have been up there if he weren't already our player.

He's only 24. He's been compared to Aden Flint by Tins.

Flint was 24 in his first season with us and look how much he improved in the 3 or 4 years after that. Many tall centre backs, rather like tall target man strikers develop a lot in their late 20s as they become stronger.

For Taylor Moore this loan is for the best. When younger the problem seemed to be he was too lightweight. He had some loans away and put on a lot of muscle, he is now physically strong. But he is still not dominant in the air, he is also quite slow. He doesn't have much spring in his leap, but the main thing is he lacks aggression. He  can also switch off too often, and once he makes a mistake he can lose all confidence.

He can look class on a good day, but we never know what player will show up. There isn't many of those very good performances I can think of. Centre backs need to be at a good reliable level consistently.

It's not impossible that Moore can do well there and come back and be in Pearson's plans. Like Cundy he is 24 and can get better. But it will surprise me if he is in Pearson's plans for next season. Hearts will be another team to watch this season to see how one of our players is performing, but its probably more in hoping clubs will be interested in taking him off us permanently next summer.

Agree with pretty much all of that.  Not so sure that Cundy would necessarily be on our radar this summer had he not been ours, think you’d be taking Gillingham’s style into account too.  Might’ve been one to watch this season.  But as you say 24 is no age for the type of CB he is, whereas Moore is very different.  Moore has lost sharpness by becoming “bigger”. I suspect he’s quick over a longer distance, but it’s that short, sharp stuff he’s degraded on.

I don’t see Moore coming back and playing a part, from what Nige has said about loaning our players out, this is a “I don’t need him” loan.

Cundy is much more a Nige type CB….but he needs to show Nige what he can do once back in full training.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Nice lad. 

5 hours ago, bris red said:

Seems a nice enough lad

4 hours ago, One Team said:

Nice lad

1 hour ago, Bristol_Badger said:

Lovely lad. 

Has there ever been another player in OTIB history to be inevitably spoken of like this every time he is mentioned?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

It did take 9 years as a midfield player that saw him do very little before LJ decided to stick him up top however.

Wasn't Moore originally a midfielder?

I hereby formally propose that this statistically anomalistic argument regarding perennially underperforming "young"/academy players be henceforth termed "The Reid Defence", and laughed out of court whenever attempted.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Porto Red said:

Has there ever been another player in OTIB history to be inevitably spoken of like this every time he is mentioned?

You can tell he’s a bright,intelligent lad and his parents deserve credit for bringing him up well and I have never met him,as for when it comes to football he will have a good career but don’t think he’s good enough for us personally 

32 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

You can tell he’s a bright,intelligent lad and his parents deserve credit for bringing him up well and I have never met him,as for when it comes to football he will have a good career but don’t think he’s good enough for us personally 

A touch of the Tomlin about him. Probably too good for League 1, not good enough for the Championship.

• Confused 2