IGNORED

FFS!

downendcity

27 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

It just about fits on the chimney breast with the soundbar under it.

Don't know about fitting on the chimney breast, but Mrs Downend bought a 10 incher online and it wouldn’t fit through the letterbox!

In view of my earlier comments , it looks like Mrs Downend dragging me out  shopping trip today worked perfectly for City. I couldn’t follow the Reading game on here and we won. Again today I was unable to follow the game on OTIB and we won again. Seems that I will have to absent myself from future MDTs during game time!

As for the telly purchase, and those asking why we didn't buy it online. In in the good old days, all you had to worry about was the screen size and if it had all 5 channels available. Now it is a technological minefield. Luckily we had a store assistant on hand to help us make our buying decision. She was about 19 years old with enough piercings to set off the store alarms. However, she was a font of technical knowledge - I think she had the spec for all their tellys tattooed on various parts of her body for easy reference. 

Until today I didn't know the difference between QLED and OLED ( Solskjear obviously develops TV technology in case things don’t work out at Man U). We were undecided on whether to go for a 40 inch screen or 43 inches and when the assistant said that an extra 3 inches can make all the difference, Mrs Downend agreed far too readily!

I’m just enrolling in the Open University online course so that I am fully qualified to set up our new telly, so will report back in a few weeks’ time when it is all up and running.

P.S. Absolutely stunning result from NP and the team. Fingers crossed, Pearson is building a team with a bit more backbone than the team we saw last season. I suspect it was a team performance, but congrats to Andi W who appears to be doing a bit more than just “running around a bit”.

From how we finished last season this has been a very solid start and it looks like we are improving game by game.

3 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Don't know about fitting on the chimney breast, but Mrs Downend bought a 10 incher online and it wouldn’t fit through the letterbox!

In view of my earlier comments , it looks like Mrs Downend dragging me out  shopping trip today worked perfectly for City. I couldn’t follow the Reading game on here and we won. Again today I was unable to follow the game on OTIB and we won again. Seems that I will have to absent myself from future MDTs during game time!

As for the telly purchase, and those asking why we didn't buy it online. In in the good old days, all you had to worry about was the screen size and if it had all 5 channels available. Now it is a technological minefield. Luckily we had a store assistant on hand to help us make our buying decision. She was about 19 years old with enough piercings to set off the store alarms. However, she was a font of technical knowledge - I think she had the spec for all their tellys tattooed on various parts of her body for easy reference. 

Until today I didn't know the difference between QLED and OLED ( Solskjear obviously develops TV technology in case things don’t work out at Man U). We were undecided on whether to go for a 40 inch screen or 43 inches and when the assistant said that an extra 3 inches can make all the difference, Mrs Downend agreed far too readily!

I’m just enrolling in the Open University online course so that I am fully qualified to set up our new telly, so will report back in a few weeks’ time when it is all up and running.

P.S. Absolutely stunning result from NP and the team. Fingers crossed, Pearson is building a team with a bit more backbone than the team we saw last season. I suspect it was a team performance, but congrats to Andi W who appears to be doing a bit more than just “running around a bit”.

From how we finished last season this has been a very solid start and it looks like we are improving game by game.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

6 minutes ago, downendcity said:

You definitely need to invest in a new latter box. I wonder if they sell big ones on Amazon?

19 hours ago, downendcity said:

Great Post apart from one thing. What tv make and model did MrsDownend buy?

Did she know she needed more than a 43" letterbox to go with it?

1 hour ago, Norn Iron said:

Great Post apart from one thing. What tv make and model did MrsDownend buy?

Did she know she needed more than a 43" letterbox to go with it?

Sony Bravia.

No need for a bigger letterbox - just took the door off it’s hinges. :) 

Archived