IGNORED

Matty James (Merged many many times)

glynriley

I was very happy when we signed him as I thought he’d had a very good season at Coventry but I would say that we didn’t really see the same James as the Cov one I’d seen - until the last few games. 

I think he started well in his first few games here but then got injured and I just haven’t seen the same player again until about a month ago. 

So yes, I’ll happily hold my hands up and say that I think he’d had far too many 6/10 games for us up until now, but the last month or so we’ve seen a much better James and one putting in some very good performances. 

Much like a lot of players, I think James has benefitted from the formation change at the turn of the year. And having Scott playing just ahead of him allows him to play the much more reserved ‘breaking up’ game and not have to be the focus for possession and creativity too. 
The formation change has essentially limited James’ responsibilities and allowed him to focus on doing what he does best. 

So, a hands up from me - I was a critic but his recent performances have put me in my place. And I’m happy about that. 

• Like 5
  • Robin 2