IGNORED

Bootham Crescent (York) - Grauniad

SecretSam

3 minutes ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Off topic (sort of), but Ralph Milne, what an intriguing career. Personally thought he was great. Considered a joke signing for Man U, but a Dundee United legend - their record European scorer (with 15!), played in both European Cup semi final legs against Roma (2-0 winners of 1st leg, lost 2nd leg 3-0, somewhat upsetting) etc etc. 

And of course, is sadly no longer with us having passed away in 2015. Unfortunately his demons got him in the end.

There is definitely something very sad about a football ground that is abandoned. 

When City were planning to move to AV I was dreading the last game at AG - the thought of people leaving the ground for the last time after so many years of emotion on that site. I’m glad we stayed put. 

I went to school in York 11-16. We left Bristol for that time. I played on that ground a 15 year old in the North Yorkshire school cup final, was an amazing experience. Main stand was full. We went in suits had champagne and beers in one of those old school massive baths ! Cracking day, we lost one nil against a team we had beaten 4-2 and 5-2 already that season, still gutted by that 

Archived