IGNORED

Nicky Hunt - Undr the cosh

Rebounder

I forgot he was signed up the infamous Coppell 'era' - must be hugely strange for a manager to want a player and then weeks later he is out of the door completely out of the blue.

Hunt himself admits he is quite a home bird and missed having his family around him all the time but he kind of plays down the depression side of things saying that he was just not up to scratch here but it feels like he is being harsh on himself, the factors he mentions leading up to him time with us will have had an impact of his state of mind.

Only played 7 games - which surprised me considering the amount of stick he’s had on here before, with some suggesting he’s the worst player to of pulled on a shirt. The club was in turmoil around the time of his arrival and no doubt it would take time to settle coming down from the north. Honest guy who admits he wasn’t at his best or in the right head space. Certainly gives his time here a bit of perspective. Worth a listen if only for the section on City. 

• Like 1

Just listened to this ...bit late to the party!

Hunt comes across really well and takes responsibility for his time here and says he understands why the fans dont like him much.

He pretty much says there was no depression/significant off the pitch issue but does say it was tough being away from the family. 

Makes a fair point about only playing 7 games but also talks about flying home to Manchester every weekend he wasnt in the squad which wouldnt have helped his cause here. 

Like I said, he takes full responsibility though. No excuses or BS.

24 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Just listened to this ...bit late to the party!

Hunt comes across really well and takes responsibility for his time here and says he understands why the fans dont like him much.

He pretty much says there was no depression/significant off the pitch issue but does say it was tough being away from the family. 

Makes a fair point about only playing 7 games but also talks about flying home to Manchester every weekend he wasnt in the squad which wouldnt have helped his cause here. 

Like I said, he takes full responsibility though. No excuses or BS.

So it's your fault I've liking posts on a 14 month old thread. Not the first time I've been doing this. I need a heads up from the forum software: "Do you really want to like a year old post? You're going to look a bit of a ****t ..."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 28/09/2021 at 14:00, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Only played 7 games - which surprised me considering the amount of stick he’s had on here before, with some suggesting he’s the worst player to of pulled on a shirt. The club was in turmoil around the time of his arrival and no doubt it would take time to settle coming down from the north. Honest guy who admits he wasn’t at his best or in the right head space. Certainly gives his time here a bit of perspective. Worth a listen if only for the section on City. 

That becuase everytime he was on the pitch somthing ******* awful happened.  At least with Gerad Lavin you know he was going to try to kick somone for being shit.  With Hunt he was deliberately shit I think. 

When I watched this episode I felt that they kind of skimmed over this part of the interview. Like there was more to it but he didn’t want to talk about it. Like it was easier to say “yeah I was poor and I’ll hold my hand up to it” than talking about what was really happening. Maybe he didn’t want to admit he was depressed. You don’t play that many games in the premier league and just become crap like that. Must have been something else going on. That just my feeling from watching it. 

• Like 1