IGNORED

Keith Millen

Desso

Anyone notice Keith Millen on Saturday?

It was just like Lindsey Parsons all over again. Whilst Tony Pulugh (sorry can't bring myself to say the proper name) was shouting and bawling at the players, he used to spend the whole match quietly propped up against the dugout, and Millen did the same thing on Saturday. Once or twice he swapped bits of paper with Shaun Taylor and organised the subs. but that's about all.

At the other end of the spectrum Frank Barlow used to make the 4th officials life a misery if he felt a decision was wrong, and he also let the players know how he felt throughout the game if they weren't performing. IMO he was a bit over the top on occasions but it's nice to see a bit of passion at times.

In their defence Millen and Tins. are both new to this environment and it may take a time to get their boilers stoked up, but I hope it happens pretty quick otherwise this attitude may filter through to the players.

I fail to see how shouting and bawling at the referee, the linesman and/or the fourth official can be described as being 'passionate' about the game.

Just because the guy doesn't jump up and down like scolded cat and hurl abuse and expletives at officials doesn't make him less able to do his job.

Personally, I prefer our management staff to be like that becuase it shows they can handle the pressure, are cool in a crisis and are thinking straight when it comes to making judgements about tactics and substitutions.

As for the the mix up with the substitution, has Millen admitted he made the error then? Or are you 'assuming' he made the error?

Archived