IGNORED

Tinnion After Target Man.......

Cider red

On the bbc site it says: this

Tinnion in striker search

Bristol City manager Brian Tinnion is still trying to sign a striker.

During the summer Tinnion failed in bids to sign Steven MacLean from Rangers and Luton's Steve Howard.

Tinnion told the club's website: "I'm still on the look out for an out-an-out target man. I'm not going to stop just because the season has started."

"The problem is that two players I'm looking at are both contracted to their respective clubs and are very much a part of their first-team plans."

Why not give lee miller a chance for gods sake , we already have MORE than enough strikers.

The problem is that we got severely conned into signing Miller for £360k.

At the end of the season, DW didn't rate him and neither, apprently does BT.

I'm not LM's biggest fan, but I'd play him tomorrow night in a 4-4-2 on the basis that he's the nearest thing we have to a Target Man and Heffernan needs to play off a target man.

Gillespie could be worth a shout in a 4-4-2 next to Heffernan with SM & JA on the wings.

Either way, what we tried against Torquay just won't work.

Guest smoking_Gee

We should let miller show what he can do! If tinns wants a target man how will he play the 3 in attack. that means pushing heff more wide which wont work. If we play the same team and formation against better teams, they will make us look silly!

Why not play Clayton Fortune there
My God, it might just work! :laugh:

I see Howard scored again...from a header. Luton will want plenty of dosh.

Lee Miller surely has to be given a chance, or if I was him I would be asking for a transfer or to be loaned back to Scotland so he can be nearer his family.

Maybe he has more guts than me though, and is willing to fight his way into this team.

Why not play Clayton Fortune there, he wouldn't even have to jump for headers and doesn't get knocked down all the time like Miller. I think hes played there before last season as well off the bench.

Might aswell, I'm sure another player playing out of position ain't going to hurt us anymore than it has already :laugh::clap: :clap:

millers a class player with the ball at his feet,and getting in the box to score goals,hes not a target man not strong enough for what tinman wants,yes miller is good at holding the ball,but hes just another box player,its not part of his game,the trouble we have is that our strikers our similer players alround.you can never have enough strikers at the club.

Archived