IGNORED

Yate v Dover Tuesday Night

Yatetownfc

They absolutely deserved the victory tonight. Came flying out of the blocks and took the game to Dover for the first 25/30 mins. Dover looked far stronger by the interval though. I was worried Yate had put too much energy into the opening exchanges and screwed themselves over in terms of fitness. Half time came at the right time as far as Yate were concerned.

Second half though they were by far the better team, especially from a defensive point of view. Dover had spells but Yate had an answer to absolutely everything and could've better a could more with a little composure in front of goal. Scenes at the final whistle.

The magic of the cup is well and truly alive further down the pyramid.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

• Admin
21 minutes ago, Will b11 said:

Would be great if the game against Yeovil could be played on the Friday night or a Sunday to avoid it clashing with city/rovers games and also people who play on Saturday’s aswell ! 

valid point but their priority will be to get their usual supporters there first, if they rightly sell out it won't really make a lot of difference

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

I'm interested to know how they handle segregation for this match because there is no natural segregation in the stadium. Yeovil will obviously bring fans up.  Not sure if any Dover supporters made the trip yesterday if I'm honest!

There’s a second entrance (typically used as an exit gate) which is to the other side of the main stand. I’d guess they’ll use that for Yeovil as it naturally allows the funnel in to the side behind the goal where there’s no covered standing. Bit of small safety fencing and stewards, cutting it off halfway behind the goal (if not less, I think Yeovil should get c300 as I think FA cup is 15%).

Priority, after season ticket holders, to owners of Yate merchandise or those who donated to keep them afloat during the pandemic (that gets me in!). Then those with a BS37 postcode which might get you in ?

• Like 2

Glad I popped along with my two gas head mates. Nice bit of limbs when Yate scored and even better to actually see the home side win a game for a change. Went to 2-3 Yate games last season before the season was cancelled, always a good laugh and able to have a drink watching the game, except because it was the fa cup there was “no” pitch side drinking last night but where there’s a will there’s a way ?

just under 1000 at Lodge road could be looking at an extra 500 on top of that next game, waiting to see what the ticketing situation is for Yeovil bow.

ED66BADE-B278-4D98-B3FB-12F49203B3A3.jpeg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Not very familiar with hardly any Yate players:

image.thumb.png.075b8a568069cdd16ac067f0bf2b8eb1.png

Duran Duran keyboard player at Left Back.

Boris’s son up-front.

Mark Thuo, let go by City in the summer, and I’ve heard of Liam Angel.

Sam Kamara was at Rovers.

Max Williams was with city until very recently

• Thanks 1

On 27/10/2021 at 16:40, Davefevs said:

Not very familiar with hardly any Yate players:

image.thumb.png.075b8a568069cdd16ac067f0bf2b8eb1.png

Duran Duran keyboard player at Left Back.

Boris’s son up-front.

Mark Thuo, let go by City in the summer, and I’ve heard of Liam Angel.

Sam Kamara was at Rovers.

Late coming to this.

Tumelty is a good player, bag of tricks, saw him and Jamie Adams when they were with BMF

Think Ricardo Rees was in Citys academy

Tunnicliff was Brum academy.

Edited by JamesBCFC