IGNORED

Last minute goals

Daniro

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I was actually surprised we were going for a 3rd. I know Martin had that shot just wide from distance, but I felt Coventry were the most likely with the game so open. 

I am all for positive football trying to win games, and I did want to go toe to toe with them. But at 2-2 it felt like Coventry would get a 3rd unless we tightened up a bit.

In a relegation scrap and looking so bad at that point I guess the sensible move would be see it out and try and score if there is space to attack, but just accept it's been a crap performance and settle with the point if we have to.

A point away to Coventry without knowing the how it happened is decent.

It doesn't amaze me we can't keep the ball vs 11 of their players, but to not be able to against 10 is really shocking.

Exactly, sod the circumstances, just make sure you don’t get BEAT, every point counts in our position. Same as the Forest game. We just fold when the going gets tough. The concern for me is this will take 18 months minimum to sort out to add to the 2-3 years when watching City has been a sense of duty with little enjoyment. What sort of crowds will we be looking at by then?

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Exactly, sod the circumstances, just make sure you don’t get BEAT, every point counts in our position. Same as the Forest game. We just fold when the going gets tough. The concern for me is this will take 18 months minimum to sort out to add to the 2-3 years when watching City has been a sense of duty with little enjoyment. What sort of crowds will we be looking at by then?

But this is the very reason we are conceding late goals so often.  Making sure we don't get beat means defending deeper and deeper as the game goes on thereby inviting the pressure  from endless opposition attacking. I'm fed up watching the opposition goalie spending the last 30 minutes, on the halfway line,  watching the game take place in our half. Attack is the best form of defence and you never know, we might just score one ourselves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marmite said:

But this is the very reason we are conceding late goals so often.  Making sure we don't get beat means defending deeper and deeper as the game goes on thereby inviting the pressure  from endless opposition attacking. I'm fed up watching the opposition goalie spending the last 30 minutes, on the halfway line,  watching the game take place in our half. Attack is the best form of defence and you never know, we might just score one ourselves.

Making sure you don’t get beat and defending deep are not the same thing. You can play a higher line and do the right things such as keep possession, don’t take silly risks and CONCENTRATE. The reason we are so deep is because we don’t have the nous to keep the ball.

• Like 1

On 19/10/2021 at 23:23, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Surely the players should have a game management plan practiced and trained on for bringing games home in the final minutes. I do not see the manager or coach's having a great effect from the touchline in these situations. The players need to better and better as a team. It's all down to the players in the pitch to me. 

What they do on the training ground, what they're told, doesn't mean that they've listened, or have the ability to deliver. Late goals are clearly an issue, and one which I'm sure will have been addressed on more than one occasion. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

It's all because we cannot keep hold of the ball. Our possession if awful. So we have to expend vast amounts of energy running around trying to close the opposition down.

By the time the game gets halfway through the second half, our players are blowing out their arses.

By the time we get to time added on, we have absolutely naff all to give.

This is our biggest problem imo. People can talk about winning 50/50’s & smacking into people etc etc, but sometimes just getting on the bloody ball & picking a pass, keeping the ball is the bravest thing of all. From what I’ve seen, too many haven’t got the belief or ability to get on the bloody thing. When we do have it, it’s sloppy. No pace in the pass, behind the players stride, onto the players weaker foot, up around his midriff & as for throw ins ( feet & ******* back!!! not nipples & back! ). Get on the bloody ball, stick your chest out & play to feet, move, be dynamic & have some bloody urgency. I’ve never understood a footballer of any standard not wanting to get on the ball. COYR 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Making sure you don’t get beat and defending deep are not the same thing. You can play a higher line and do the right things such as keep possession, don’t take silly risks and CONCENTRATE. The reason we are so deep is because we don’t have the nous to keep the ball.

I can see what you say but for our team, there is no high line or possession football, its just eleven in or around our own penalty area. Have you seen Bentley catch a corner then race to the egde of his box for a quick release, only to find he is our furthest man forward, 18yards from his goal line. There is no game management plan at all that I can see. 

2 minutes ago, marmite said:

I can see what you say but for our team, there is no high line or possession football, its just eleven in or around our own penalty area. Have you seen Bentley catch a corner then race to the egde of his box for a quick release, only to find he is our furthest man forward, 18yards from his goal line. There is no game management plan at all that I can see. 

Have I seen Bentley catch a corner? Not that often tbf, he tends to punch and flap at them more often than not. Which is why Barnsley were sticking the ball under his crossbar last week.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Have I seen Bentley catch a corner? Not that often tbf, he tends to punch and flap at them more often than not. Which is why Barnsley were sticking the ball under his crossbar last week.

Don't start me on crosses or this banter will go  on all night.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Red_Alligator said:

What they do on the training ground, what they're told, doesn't mean that they've listened, or have the ability to deliver. Late goals are clearly an issue, and one which I'm sure will have been addressed on more than one occasion. 

Yes, ok bit then clear evidence of that should get them dropped . Or at more players not listening than NP can afford to drop. Which is a worrying sign of a lost dressing room. 

14 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Yes, ok bit then clear evidence of that should get them dropped . Or at more players not listening than NP can afford to drop. Which is a worrying sign of a lost dressing room. 

That's fair enough Cyril. A lost dressing room would be a very pivotal point. It's an awful time to be a City fan.

52 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

That's fair enough Cyril. A lost dressing room would be a very pivotal point. It's an awful time to be a City fan.

I just don't see what's up. I see most games via being there, robins or streaming. And we really look clueless with no game plan and no desire. 

Now I really belief the quality of the majority of players is not that bad. And we have a decent manager in NP. 

So what is going wrong ? We should be doing much better. And I would only expect a bit higher than mid table this season . And at present we sprinting to div 1.

Does NP need further time off, long term, in his recovery from covid?

Are  the players really not that good ?

No desire, is not acceptable. They are overpaid in a job millions of people want to be. Kick there asses hard and out.

Because I really think Div 1 is going to be a long term disaster.

I love this club . Some body sort it out please 

COYR

Edited by Rocking Red Cyril
Spelling