IGNORED

After safe standing….safe drinking?

italian dave

On 22/10/2021 at 22:20, BS4 on Tour... said:

With all due respect mate - it’s been well known for decades that rugger fans sink amounts of beer that would consistently put football fans to shame ... they’ve also been allowed to quaff their beer of choice within the stadia in their seats for a long time - bit naive of you to complain about this in 2021? And FYI - rugby matches are 80 mins not 90 mins ... you seemed to refer to both?!

Wales were trialing no alcohol to be served after half time during the six nations due to loads of complaints of drunken incidents, they also have no alcohol areas in the ground. Seems a pretty good compromise to me

10 hours ago, RedG said:

Wales were trialing no alcohol to be served after half time during the six nations due to loads of complaints of drunken incidents, they also have no alcohol areas in the ground. Seems a pretty good compromise to me

That is long overdue. After that result against the Italians, there is no way the Welsh squad should still be able to drink beers on the pitch in the second half.

No no no no no.  The constant irritation of people neverendingly going out to get more drinks would drive people insane.  Anyone who was in the Lansdown for the Killers last night will know exactly what I mean.  I’ve been at the Millennium Stadium for a Wales Grand Slam match, when you’d think people would want to actually watch the rugby, but it was the same.  Drink before and after if you want, but please let’s concentrate on the football.

• Like 3