IGNORED

Throw us a bone Nige

where's the joy

Anything will do but give us something to believe in.

Some positional changes that transform say COD into a left back and JD into a striker;

Or Baker as a left winger for his customary twenty minutes but at the end of the game not the start. However mad the changes you can't keep dishing up formations that keep failing

In case you hadn't noticed your honeymoon is over and you have to give the fans some sign of progress because the Leicester old boys reunion ain't cutting it.

There is so much goodwill towards you from a very loyal (and passive) fan base but.........no sign of a bounce, tactical inspiration, better passing, improved confidence will turn the fans against you. Please pull some rabbits out of your hat and get lucky 

We will stick with you but give us a sign that you can get a better tune out of 'your' team

good luck

• Like 7
  • Hmmm 1

5 hours ago, where's the joy said:

In case you hadn't noticed your honeymoon is over and you have to give the fans some sign of progress because the Leicester old boys reunion ain't cutting it.

There is so much goodwill towards you from a very loyal (and passive) fan base but.........no sign of a bounce, tactical inspiration, better passing, improved confidence will turn the fans against you. Please pull some rabbits out of your hat and get lucky 

We will stick with you but give us a sign that you can get a better tune out of 'your' team

good luck

Agree with everything you've written here

I would be really interested to know what his plan is and what are the things he is look for that will actually make a difference on the pitch.

What does he mean by giving the players more responsibility?

What's the biggest problem he is working on in the squad, what actions is he actually taking?

Does he have a framework that he is trying to implement and/or refine or is it more ad-hoc than that?

5 hours ago, where's the joy said:

Anything will do but give us something to believe in.

Some positional changes that transform say COD into a left back and JD into a striker;

Or Baker as a left winger for his customary twenty minutes but at the end of the game not the start. However mad the changes you can't keep dishing up formations that keep failing

good luck

Not ‘his’ team though is it

• Like 1

Genuine question-

If a serving manager promotes an academy/ youth player to the senior squad and starts playing them in the first team - is it his player? 

It seems to me that if the player does well then it is ( providing the fans like the Manager) and but not his player if he does badly depending on whether the manager is popular. i.e. fans seem to make it up as we go . 

I cannot think of many reasons beyond financial why anyone would want such a poison chalice of a job. NP will almost certainly be sacked  sooner or later as will most managers- who was the last one who left BS3 of their own accord to further their career elsewhere? - I think it was Pulis albeit a reason for celebration at the time.

9 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Genuine question-

If a serving manager promotes an academy/ youth player to the senior squad and starts playing them in the first team - is it his player? 

It seems to me that if the player does well then it is ( providing the fans like the Manager) and but not his player if he does badly depending on whether the manager is popular. i.e. fans seem to make it up as we go . 

I cannot think of many reasons beyond financial why anyone would want such a poison chalice of a job. NP will almost certainly be sacked  sooner or later as will most managers- who was the last one who left BS3 of their own accord to further their career elsewhere? - I think it was Pulis albeit a reason for celebration at the time.

Coppell? ?

my point is that we keep repeating the current selections and formations then go dozing off in the last 20 minutes.

you have to try something different . I am not being serious about Baker other than to use him at the end of the game, cos he can't last a full 95

someone else has to play at 9 with their back to the goal in order to hold the ball up. They don't have to be that big, Matty Taylor was good at this for us when picked, try Bakinson at centre forward, or at least try something new

bobby reid as a striker was an accident and look how well that turned out