IGNORED

U23s v QPR

Malago

1 minute ago, Norn Iron said:

QPR are full of ideas and skilful players who can attack with the ball.

We can huff and puff but only in our own half! 

Reuben Mac just entered the field of play

Aren’t our Under 23’s top of the league? Isn’t this an exceptionally young team we’ve put out? There might lie the answer?

• Like 1

QPR are full of ideas and skilful players who can attack with the ball.

We can huff and puff but only in our own half! 

Reuben Mac just entered the field of play

15 this one, I am sure you can find plenty of things to criticise him for in the next 20 minutes.

• Like 1

Just now, Port Said Red said:

15 this one, I am sure you can find plenty of things to criticise him for in the next 20 minutes.

I don't tend to criticise.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Aren’t our Under 23’s top of the league? Isn’t this an exceptionally young team we’ve put out? There might lie the answer?

Yes, a very young team. It would be nice to see them play as well as QPR though who are bottom of the league

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Yes, a very young team. It would be nice to see them play as well as QPR though who are bottom of the league

Age of players still plays a factor, QPR’s players look a year or two older than ours on average.

oldest players for City are 4 second year pros 

I don't tend to criticise.

But they are a very young team, that’s the whole point. We are using this game as learning for young kids. Would you rather we put out a strong team just to win a meaningless U23 match and not give a few kids some great learning experience against older lads so they can see where they need to get to?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

But they are a very young team, that’s the whole point. We are using this game as learning for young kids. Would you rather we put out a strong team just to win a meaningless U23 match and not give a few kids some great learning experience against older lads so they can see where they need to get to?

I am sure we will have that Luke guy back on here at some point describing everything as "shit" and claiming they never win any games.

The same people moaning that a few youngsters are second best against bottom of the league would be fuming if say Sam Bell wasn’t available on Saturday because he got injured in an U23 match that we decided we really needed to win for some bizarre reason.

We had the same the last time our U23’s lost (our only defeat I think) against Peterborough. I know we all want things to be better at first team level but give 15 year old kids a break ffs!!

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Great question. Yes. Give all the youngsters a chance. I seem to be the target here for posting on what I am watching.  Am I supposed to watch this game with rred tinted glasses? I switched on not knowing that we were playing such a young team.

0-2

Wiles-Richards looks a promising keeper. 

7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The same people moaning that a few youngsters are second best against bottom of the league would be fuming if say Sam Bell wasn’t available on Saturday because he got injured in an U23 match that we decided we really needed to win for some bizarre reason.

We had the same the last time our U23’s lost (our only defeat I think) against Peterborough. I know we all want things to be better at first team level but give 15 year old kids a break ffs!!

I wasn't moaning. Are your comments aimed at me?

2 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

Is Alex Ball in charge of the under 23 game today. 

Nope. Bell and Challis in charge.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Is Knight-Lebel really only 16? He has been our best defender.

Been really impressed with him the first few times I’ve seen him….thought he had a tough afternoon first half (didn’t really watch second half).

Soady frustrates me….does some really nice things, then stupid things.

George Thomas (24) full Welsh international, over 100 EFL apps (22 Champ, 79 Lg1).

Sam Field (23), 20 PL apps, almost 50 Champ.  Think he cost £1m!

4 minutes ago, Posset red said:

Another loss just like the first team fantastic 

This shows a lack of knowledge as to who was playing today. Much younger squad than the opposition and much younger than normal for our under 23s. It was more an under 17/18 side. Not a level playing field but will be a good experience for them. Nothing like our first team. The result wasn’t important today 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

This shows a lack of knowledge as to who was playing today. Much younger squad than the opposition and much younger than normal for our under 23s. It was more an under 17/18 side. Not a level playing field but will be a good experience for them. Nothing like our first team. The result wasn’t important today 

Players like Owers playing for Bath tonight too, so unavailable.

I’m sure Benarous, Bell, Janneh we’re part of first team training too.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Nope. Bell and Challis in charge.

Been really impressed with him the first few times I’ve seen him….thought he had a tough afternoon first half (didn’t really watch second half).

Soady frustrates me….does some really nice things, then stupid things.

George Thomas (24) full Welsh international, over 100 EFL apps (22 Champ, 79 Lg1).

Sam Field (23), 20 PL apps, almost 50 Champ.  Think he cost £1m!

I thought they looked a class above the City team. This was a good test for the City youngsters 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I wonder why we don't use James Morton as an over age player in these games. He obviously has no long term future at City but why not get some game time from him while he remains under contract. By putting him in some sort of shop window it could only help us to move him on. 

It does seem a strange situation all round.

Clearly has no long term future with us, but following the collapse of his move to MK he seems in total limbo if he isn’t going to be involved in games like today’s.

Pretty sure LJ gave him a lengthy contact which still has a couple of years to run.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

It does seem a strange situation all round.

Clearly has no long term future with us, but following the collapse of his move to MK he seems in total limbo if he isn’t going to be involved in games like today’s.

Pretty sure LJ gave him a lengthy contact which still has a couple of years to run.

Heard today he’s injured ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️