IGNORED

A special moment after the Forest shambles to give hope.

Marina's Rolls Royce

The Forest match will live long in my memory and not just because we threw the game away in the last 2 minutes having come so close to ending what is a 17 match winless home run.

The atmosphere was pretty good and having only a few days before watched men v boys in the Bournmouth game, it was great to see us compete and often look a much better team or, at least, see a team who looked worse than us for a lot of the match. As we got to about 85 mins at 1-0, I couldnt take my eyes off the scoreboard just willing the final minutes away but as the time showed 90- boom- penalty and you know the rest. Gutted didnt cover it. As soon as the second goal came, we headed for the exits along with everyone else.

As we were passing fans coming down from the South stand, there was a boy aged maybe 6 or 7 who was crying and his face streaked with tears. It looked like he'd just learnt that the family pet had  been put down.

He was devastated and it brought a lump to my throat. I thought about this on my way back to the car and actually felt happy that we  still have young fans so deeply passionate about our football club that it affects them in this way.  A lad that age has not had a lot to celebrate as a young fan of BCFC but there he was at 10 p.m. crying because his team had lost from a winning position.

We might have a board and coaching set up who have some big questions to answer but despite all this the future of our club is pretty bright if we are still producing fans like this young kid who clearly loves his team. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

10 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

The Forest match will live long in my memory and not just because we threw the game away in the last 2 minutes having come so close to ending what is a 17 match winless home run.

The atmosphere was pretty good and having only a few days before watched men v boys in the Bournmouth game, it was great to see us compete and often look a much better team or, at least, see a team who looked worse than us for a lot of the match. As we got to about 85 mins at 1-0, I couldnt take my eyes off the scoreboard just willing the final minutes away but as the time showed 90- boom- penalty and you know the rest. Gutted didnt cover it. As soon as the second goal came, we headed for the exits along with everyone else.

As we were passing fans coming down from the South stand, there was a boy aged maybe 6 or 7 who was crying and his face streaked with tears. It looked like he'd just learnt that the family pet had  been put down.

He was devastated and it brought a lump to my throat. I thought about this on my way back to the car and actually felt happy that we  still have young fans so deeply passionate about our football club that it affects them in this way.  A lad that age has not had a lot to celebrate as a young fan of BCFC but there he was at 10 p.m. crying because his team had lost from a winning position.

We might have a board and coaching set up who have some big questions to answer but despite all this the future of our club is pretty bright if we are still producing fans like this young kid who clearly loves his team. 

Clearly been told he'd have to come again!

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

A defeat like that is devastating for everyone involved at the Club. From Lansdown and Pearson to a five year old child. 

We know that they had not recovered at West Brom but it is how we perform against Barnsley that will show what we are made of? Rebuilding the team's confidence will show how good Pearson and his senior pros are at man management.

I can't go this Saturday because I've just had an operation that will take a while to recover from. I will be glued to the radio and would like everyone there to make a real noise in support of Our Bristol City Team.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

12 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

A 5p bag of scrumps from ashton vale chippy.

That used to soothe the blow of a defeat.

What a chippy that was back in the 80s.

Probably illegal now on the grounds of health and safety or some European directive. I used to get my kids a curry when we lost so I only really had money to spare when Steve Cotterrill was Manager!

• Haha 2